Author Topic: An excellent way of using a drone!  (Read 509 times)

Offline Tom

• Gaggle Hero
From the Deep Deep South out in left field.  There are no stupid questions.  There are however stupid people asking questions.  🤣, this includes me.  😉

Offline Lannis

• Gaggle Hero
Re: An excellent way of using a drone!
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2019, 04:32:24 PM »
I have a funny feeling that there are not actually MORE sharks than there used to be along the coasts, but that we have ways of SEEING more sharks than we used to.   Sort of like tornadoes.    Used to be, when almost no one lived "out there" and no one had a video camera, and there was no Doppler radar, a tornado could drop down and go wild and no one would even know.  Now, though ....

These sharks, they've probably been swimming around me on Carolina beaches since I were a lad ....

Lannis
"Hard pounding, this, gentlemen; let's see who pounds the longest".

Offline Tom

• Gaggle Hero
Re: An excellent way of using a drone!
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2019, 04:57:36 PM »
Have to agree.  In Hawaii, you read the ocean first before going in.  I'd do a 45" to 60" look.  Good way to chill before going into the water.  Wave conditions, current direction flow, wind condition,  ocean creature watch, wave break, sand condition from the shore break etc.  Where the rocks are.  That's with having the conditions on land being taken into account.  A lot of vehicles get broken into at the more popular beaches.  Securing your stuff on shore.  A newer wrinkle with electronic key fobs, making sure that they're secure and waterproofed.   :shocked:
From the Deep Deep South out in left field.  There are no stupid questions.  There are however stupid people asking questions.  🤣, this includes me.  😉

Quad Lock - The best GPS / phone mount system for your motorcycles, no damage to your cameras!!
Get a Wildguzzi discount of 10% off your order!
http://quadlock.refr.cc/luapmckeever
Advertise Here