Author Topic: where's the best V11 sound?  (Read 2561 times)

Offline webmost

• Gosling
  • Safety Third
    • The Sotweed Factor
where's the best V11 sound?
« on: July 11, 2017, 07:05:24 AM »
No dealers within spittin distance. Every time a rally is nigh, something comes up. Dunno any nearby Guzzistas. Would like to hear a V11 engine. I think my Jackal is too noisy. Valves right. Oil renewed. Runs great. Don't have any frame of reference. So, ...

1) Is there anyone with a V11 within a few of Newark Dull-Aware willing to let me come over and compare noisies?

2) Lacking that, what's the best representation of a proper sounding V11 recording somewhere on the innerwebs?

Not looking for tech advice... just sound would do. Will bring cigars and hooch to sweeten the deal.

TIA
Unmitigated risk aversion is the new Puritanism; complete with witch hunts funny outfits and humorless preachers thundering doom. The Deity is Safety; Satan is a Lawyer; but the object is the same: to suck the life out of life and tell you how to live it.

Offline fotoguzzi

• Gaggle Hero
  • vee git tooh soon oldt und too late wise -my Dad
MINNEAPOLIS, MN

Offline Chuck in Indiana

• Gaggle Hero
Re: where's the best V11 sound?
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2017, 07:46:45 AM »
Getcha some earplugs and ride it. Guzzis make all kinds of noises.. :smiley:
Chuck in (Elwood) Indiana/sometimes SoCal

87 AeroLario
95 Skorpion tour
22 Royal Enfield Classic 3 fiddy
 "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
Albert Einstein

Online normzone

• Gaggle Hero
  • '72 Eldo - 1980 to 1990 - '99 Bassa 2014 - 2023
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2017, 03:46:43 PM »
Getcha some earplugs and ride it. Guzzis make all kinds of noises.. :smiley:

[webmost], I have to second what [Chuck in Indiana] said. If you search the forum you'll find evidence of my descent into madness re one side of the engine being louder than the other, and the resulting solution in earplugs and just riding it. It's supposed to sound as though there's a handful of change inside either valve cover, and there may not be the same coins used in each side.
That's the combustion chamber of the turbo shaft. It is supposed to be on fire. You just don't usually see it but the case and fairing fell off.

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2017, 03:46:43 PM »

Offline Chuck in Indiana

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2017, 03:55:10 PM »
I believe one of our more colorful members said something like a couple of skeletons fornicating on a tin roof.. :smiley:

87 AeroLario
95 Skorpion tour
 "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
Albert Einstein

Offline Unkept

• Gaggle Hero
    • Unkept Uncaged- Youtube Channel
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2017, 04:08:47 PM »
I believe one of our more colorful members said something like a couple of skeletons fornicating on a tin roof.. :smiley:

:thumb: :grin:

Offline Thunderbutt

• Hatchling
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2017, 06:41:06 PM »

"Re: where's the best V11 sound?"

Sitting on top of one with the tach needle bouncing off 5,000 RPM while your leaned over on a mountain road!  Any other questions? :cool:
Current rides: 2000 V-11 Sport-SOLD, 2003 Aprilia Mille Haga Replica #125, 1975 Triumph T160, 2002 LeMans, 2008 Norge aka the silver bullet

oldbike54

« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2017, 07:10:44 PM »
 Don't listen to these guys , your motor is a grenade and the pin is almost all the way out . I'll give you a Hun , wait , no , make that fifty bucks for the whole bike .

Seriously , my Jackal makes all kind of weird noises , seems to depend on the day of the week just what noise it's gonna make . 140 K miles , nothing has broken yet . Wear ear plugs , or ride faster  :laugh:

Dusty

Offline arveno

• Gaggle Hero
    • ddleathers.com
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2017, 07:57:25 PM »
check out this guzzi sound LOL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwBSNyzU7vs

Offline Chuck in Indiana

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2017, 08:17:34 PM »
Mark and Commie Nick, I think.  :sad:

87 AeroLario
95 Skorpion tour
Albert Einstein

Offline webmost

• Gosling
  • Safety Third
    • The Sotweed Factor
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2017, 10:32:44 PM »
Handfull of change under each valve cover,  dimes left, quarters right. .. that's an apt description.
Unmitigated risk aversion is the new Puritanism; complete with witch hunts funny outfits and humorless preachers thundering doom. The Deity is Safety; Satan is a Lawyer; but the object is the same: to suck the life out of life and tell you how to live it.

Online Huzo

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2017, 05:12:16 AM »
Maybe I was in error getting a beautiful new Beetle map installed to stop my Guzzi pinging it's guts out on the left side and drinking petrol like a top fuel dragster ! It was only detonation after all, what harm can that do ? All this time all I had to do was stick my fingers in my ears, wasted all that time at Roper's place. Where was all that sage advice when I needed it ?

Offline guzzler

• Gosling
« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2017, 05:27:00 PM »

"Re: where's the best V11 sound?"

Sitting on top of one with the tach needle bouncing off 5,000 RPM while your leaned over on a mountain road!  Any other questions? :cool:
Ha ha, you,ve nailed it mate!!
Especially if said V11 is green and has open Mistral carbon cans Stucchi crossover and no air-box lid !!
I often thought when I was younger ( pre Guzzi ) that the very best sounding bike I'd heard was a bevel drive SS Ducati with Conti's but I reckon my V11 sounds every bit as good!!
Just has a little Tattley Rappet rustle to add to the mix!
Ear-plugs, why would you deprive yourself of this??
Cheers Guzzler   

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here