Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
General Discussion / Re: It's possible I have a problem.......
« Last post by Snowman on April 30, 2024, 06:37:53 PM »
It is like a GS shelter, BMW humane society for wayward motorcycles.
QUOTE "You can take comfort my friend in the fact you are not alone."

This is correct, those 'special' hospitals are all over the country.  :grin:   
« Last post by Perazzimx14 on April 30, 2024, 06:25:54 PM »
I do willingly admit, that when you are at 71 degrees North, the temperature has not been above 5 degrees C for 8 days and your home is 18,000 km away, reaching out to the starter on a BMW R1200 GS does give you more confidence than a Moto Guzzi.
But I went back the following year on the Norge and it all went very well.
However the PERCEIVED superior reliability of the GS is a very welcome thing.

While my GS have proven reliable, they are not bulletproof and have some shortcomings. Be that as it may I love the fit, feel, performance and handling of the Hexheads it was like they were built for me. The 1st time ever rode a R1200GS was after I bought it and got it home. Threw a leg over and it felt like a well broken in pair of work boots.
General Discussion / Re: Storny gets new shoes
« Last post by Huzo on April 30, 2024, 06:21:05 PM »
Thought you were referring to Stormy.
See reply #3
That wasn’t an attempt to trump you.
General Discussion / Re: 2024 Stelvio in Groton CT-member?
« Last post by Huzo on April 30, 2024, 06:19:25 PM »
Hello,

Is there a member here who has a 2024 Stelvio in gray that I passed near EB recently? This is a rarity!
I had better not ride one…
« Last post by Tkelly on April 30, 2024, 06:19:04 PM »
Thought you were referring to Stormy.
« Last post by Huzo on April 30, 2024, 06:17:57 PM »
I do willingly admit, that when you are at 71 degrees North, the temperature has not been above 5 degrees C for 8 days and your home is 18,000 km away, reaching out to the starter on a BMW R1200 GS does give you more confidence than a Moto Guzzi.
But I went back the following year on the Norge and it all went very well.
However the PERCEIVED superior reliability of the GS is a very welcome thing.
« Last post by Perazzimx14 on April 30, 2024, 06:11:35 PM »

<br / 
I like this one, that’s exactly the bike I took from London to Nordkapp in 2015.

20,000 k on that trip, bike was faultless after the recall done in London and the rear bevelbox seal in Oslo and the dashboard warning light in Brno.
But I would not hesitate to have one again if every Guzzi in the world suddenly ceased to exist.
They do give you confidence.

I cannot remember what I had for dinner last night, but I remember when my wife and I when to the North Carolina to buy this bike. It was cold and we ran into snow on I-81 near rocky gap. We had reservations at nice hotel and around the corner was a Carabbas. I had sausage peppers and onions, and it was not that great. I also had a gin and tonic and a Yuengling Lager. Forget what the wife had. Next morning we met the seller a nice older gentleman that was in a hurry as he had to take his granddaughter to karate. He lived in a very nice house and his driveway was on an incline curved to the left into his garage. We made the deal loaded the bike and we headed home. We stopped for breakfast at a diner but cannot remember what I/we had. Got home around 2pm.

This bike was bought right before - hit and I thought the bike market was going to collapse. It ended up going bonkers. The bike sold to a younger guy from York PA later that year.

Funny how I can remember silly things like details froma  bike ourchase years ago.   
General Discussion / 2024 Stelvio in Groton CT-member?
« Last post by dave1068 on April 30, 2024, 05:55:25 PM »
Hello,

Is there a member here who has a 2024 Stelvio in gray that I passed near EB recently? This is a rarity!

File this one under "they all do that".  Every Italian V-twin will protest during heavy throttle at low RPM.

I am not talking heavy throttle, just enough to accelerate. The engine has the power, but does not feel happy doing it. Similar to my XT600. You just need to keep the revs a bit higher. Which I do not like; I like engines that will pull effortlessly from very low revs and cruise barely above idle. But it is not all that important, and the V9 have many other virtues.
« Last post by Vagrant on April 30, 2024, 05:24:31 PM »
sorry for the hijack !

but I'm getting tired of replacing the rubber on my V7... I've been digging for highest milage tires and i keep finding Metzler M888, but they don't have my size (at least for the rear)...
I don't care about corner grip (i don't go that fast).
I don't care about wet grip (i don't ride in the rain).

any recommendations ???

Bridgestone A41. A 90/10 and there is a $60. rebate right now.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
Best quality vinyl available today. Easy application.
Advertise Here