Author Topic: C'mon now...I just had to GO!!!  (Read 1070 times)

Offline JJ

• Gaggle Hero
  • Life is meant to ENJOY...not "endure."
C'mon now...I just had to GO!!!
« on: May 21, 2021, 07:29:37 AM »

:laugh: :grin: :wink: :thumb: :cool: :boozing: :rolleyes: :shocked: :huh:
Life Member: MGNOC L-772, AMA, HOG
'98 V10 Centauro GT
Village of Oak Creek, AZ

Offline DougG

• Gaggle Mentor
Re: C'mon now...I just had to GO!!!
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2021, 07:32:33 AM »
Hi JJ,                                                                        5-21-21

When I was a kid, on long trips, my Dad always kept an empty coffee can in the back.  Low tech, but it worked. :cheesy:

Be well, stay well,
DougG
A possum playing possum is no big deal.  Find one that can play giraffe, now you got yourself something!

Offline JJ

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2021, 07:34:42 AM »
Hi JJ,                                                                        5-21-21

When I was a kid, on long trips, my Dad always kept an empty coffee can in the back.  Low tech, but it worked. :cheesy:

Be well, stay well,
DougG

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: You know...when you gotta go...ya gotta GO!!   :laugh: :grin: :wink:
'98 V10 Centauro GT
Village of Oak Creek, AZ

Offline wavedog

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2021, 09:05:02 AM »
 Come on, whats the big deal. It's on rails. It's not like it will be going to wander anywhere. Most likely a crew operating those things. One guy getting up to go to the can is not a big deal. Those things are highly automated anyway. I am surprised they are not equipped with a computer controlled catheter for the crew. It is Japanese, after all.

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2021, 09:05:02 AM »

Offline JJ

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2021, 09:09:45 AM »
Come on, whats the big deal. It's on rails. It's not like it will be going to wander anywhere. Most likely a crew operating those things. One guy getting up to go to the can is not a big deal. Those things are highly automated anyway. I am surprised they are not equipped with a computer controlled catheter for the crew. It is Japanese, after all.

Of course it's on rails...and yes, it's computer controlled...so it's just a joke!! :laugh: :grin: :wink:
'98 V10 Centauro GT
Village of Oak Creek, AZ

Offline wavedog

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2021, 09:42:33 AM »
"Of course it's on rails...and yes, it's computer controlled...so it's just a joke!!"

Yeah I get that.  The part about computer controlled catheter was sort of a joke. I need more caffeine this morning.

I remember flying on Lockheed Constellation aircraft and then the early 707 and on the long flights the captain would leave the flight deck and walk the aisle talking to people. Crikey, dad, who is flying this thing? Bugger all if I know, he would say.

Offline JJ

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2021, 09:53:31 AM »
"Of course it's on rails...and yes, it's computer controlled...so it's just a joke!!"

Yeah I get that.  The part about computer controlled catheter was sort of a joke. I need more caffeine this morning.

I remember flying on Lockheed Constellation aircraft and then the early 707 and on the long flights the captain would leave the flight deck and walk the aisle talking to people. Crikey, dad, who is flying this thing? Bugger all if I know, he would say.

I used to travel to Japan often on business, and have been on a a"Shinkansen" (Bullet Train) and over 220kph, and I can tell you, it is quite an experience!!  Very smooth, comfortable ,and FAST!!  Great way to travel distances in Japan! :thumb: :bow: :boozing: :cool: :wink:

« Last Edit: May 21, 2021, 10:07:02 AM by JJ »
'98 V10 Centauro GT
Village of Oak Creek, AZ

Offline wavedog

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2021, 10:09:29 AM »
 JJ- I lived in Japan for about 7 years and it was great. My time there was in the 60's to early 70's. I never got to ride the Bullet trains. I did spend a lot of time on the local commuter trains. Sometimes those were brutal, but most of the time they were great fun and very convenient. I don't know what they were called but we called them Dinsha. Good times!

Offline drdwb

• Gaggle Hero
    • backfeelsgreat.com
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2021, 10:13:15 AM »
Depends are the solution. Tested and approved for long distance comfort by NASA.
07 Norge, 05 Baby Breva, 04 Stone  Touring , 03 EV, 82 650 Maxim 79 XS750 Special 78XS1100 Teraplane side car

Offline JJ

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2021, 10:14:23 AM »
JJ- I lived in Japan for about 7 years and it was great. My time there was in the 60's to early 70's. I never got to ride the Bullet trains. I did spend a lot of time on the local commuter trains. Sometimes those were brutal, but most of the time they were great fun and very convenient. I don't know what they were called but we called them Dinsha. Good times!

Yes, the Japanese have train travel dialed in... :wink: :thumb: :bow: :cool:  Here are a few more examples of local trains you might recognize...

'98 V10 Centauro GT
Village of Oak Creek, AZ

Offline wavedog

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2021, 11:08:47 AM »
 Yep, in southern Japan island of Kyushu, the #159 magenta and yellow, was the norm. When I lived in the Kanto plains, central Honshu, #2710 was closer to the style that I remember.

Offline pebra

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2021, 03:57:59 PM »
Taking high-speed trains in France, Spain and Italy (> 300 kmph), i'm always surprised (and a little disappointed  :grin:) by the lack of sensation of speed.

No sound, no shaking, all smooth - you only get it when travelling parallel to highways, noticing those cars moving so slowly, even in the left lane  - - - -

Guzzi HTMoto Roadster "Verdina"
2009 Griso 8V "Weißgerät"
Norge-man - introduction #ca 198 shown Guzzi #195

Offline JJ

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2021, 11:06:23 AM »
C'mon now...:shocked: :shocked: :huh: :huh:

With the GLOW-IN-The-DARK lid!! :laugh: :laugh: :grin: :grin:

'98 V10 Centauro GT
Village of Oak Creek, AZ

Offline huub

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2021, 11:29:30 AM »
Pretty amazing  and complety un japanese.
Last year I took the bullet train a couple of times during a stay in Japan.
The thing is accurate to the second, we used to count the seconds, and at zero the doors opened. Or closed.
In a couple days of travel the biggest deviation was a train stopping three seconds early.

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here

Quad Lock - The best GPS / phone mount system for your motorcycles, no damage to your cameras!!
Get a Wildguzzi discount of 10% off your order!
http://quadlock.refr.cc/luapmckeever
Advertise Here