Author Topic: Mid-November Ride in W.V. on EV  (Read 859 times)

Offline Iron Cross Junction

• Gosling
Mid-November Ride in W.V. on EV
« on: November 18, 2021, 07:33:00 PM »

The weather looked great for the morning, but less so for the afternoon, with a cold front heading this way.

But, one — at least not THIS one — does not fritter away a day of riding on a middle-of-November warm day on account of iffy rain after noon, and certain rain not forecast until near dark. 

So, it was andidamnamo on the EV on a route that I actually executed as planned, a very rare thing!  Ran this counterclockwise.

First photo op along W.V. SR 6, Smokey Hollow Road.

This is along W.V. 8, South Branch River Road.  On other side of river is Pancake, W.V.  Have to get there sometime.   :food:

SR 8 has been repaved since I last rode it and it’s mighty fine.  As with so many rural roads, mind your business every moment or you’ll be riding on a gurney in the back of a special van.  If you’re lucky, they’ll have the lights and sirens on!

South Branch River Road “leaves” the riverside and becomes Trough Road about halfway down from Romney.  These two are along it.

An effete snack in Moorefield … pretty darn good, actually.  More importantly, Kathi was impressed!   :kiss:

"Old 55” from Moorefield to Wardensville is a moto-delight.  Recently repaved, it has something for everybody … along as everybody likes ups and downs and all arounds.  I was too busy trying not to kill myself for the first 3/4’s of it, and finally found a couple of spots to stop safely and take some pix, thus these three:

I couldn't decide which of these I liked best, so you must suffer both.  That literal "high way" up above -- Corridor H -- is why the low road is called "Old 55."

Two old items rest after a fine ride.  and, while I got a bit “damp” at the end, I made it home just before it started raining in earnest.

Bill
Bill Hagan

Proud Member of Moto Guzzi's Envy-of-the-Industry Post-Sale R&D Program!

1998 V11 EV [98 EV]
2004 V11 Ballabio, Sold; sigh
2007 Norge [NORJ], Sold; sigh
2010 Griso [GRISO]
2016 Stornello [BEATA]
2017 V7 III [RADOŚĆ]

Online Ncdan

• Global Moderator
  • Gaggle Hero
Re: Mid-November Ride in W.V. on EV
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2021, 08:05:30 PM »
Nice ride and great pictures!
Thanks for sharing, Bill👍

Offline Travman

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2021, 08:13:04 PM »
Wish I could have rode with you. The best I was able to manage was a walk during my lunch hour. It was a beautiful day for mid November. Did you use your Emtech ear plugs?
Travis King
'70 Ambassadors, 73 Norton, 73 V7 Sport, 12 V7 Racer

Offline ohiorider

• Gaggle Hero
  • "You can't fight in here - this is the War Room."
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2021, 09:41:40 PM »
Appears you might like my old home state of West Virginia.  I loved riding the road outside of Elkins, on US250 into Frank and Durbin, then continuing down the mountains into Virginia.  We made this ride several times from Cleveland down south to US 250, then sw into WV, and then wherever that took us.

Bob

Forgot to say that your pics are wonderful! 
« Last Edit: November 19, 2021, 07:00:17 AM by ohiorider »
Main ride:  2008 Guzzi 1200 Sport (sold July 2020)
2012 Griso 8v SE (sold Sept '15)
Reliable standby: 1991 BMW R100GS
2014 Honda CB1100 (Traded Nov 2019)
New:  2016 Triumph T120 (Traded Dec 2021)
New:  2021 Kawasaki W800

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2021, 09:41:40 PM »

Offline john fish

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2021, 05:04:00 AM »
Some nice photos, Bill.  Some of the nicest riding roads in the country.  Reminds me of when I took a guy from Pittsburgh for a ride down into the Mountain State.  "We're going to ride for a couple hours.  We won't see any traffic, stop lights, or cops.  Keep your wits about you."
He lost the run of himself.

Offline Nick

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2021, 05:31:12 AM »

The EV looks great with the sport windscreen!!
Thanks for the pictures  :bike-037:

Offline yogidozer

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2021, 05:42:11 AM »
Looks like your river is really full, just like my area. Makes fly fishing tough.
Wait til spring, when the snow melts, not going to be good

Offline maquette

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2021, 07:41:51 PM »
Love that area up there Bill. My grandson and I took the Jeep all through that area in May and we came back through in July. If you are back in Moorefield you have to stop and eat at Oneills. On main street just up the road from Sheetz. Kathi will like it I bet.

Good read.
Tom
Oriental, NC

'98 V11 EV

Offline Bill N

• Gosling
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2021, 02:53:42 PM »
That Hotdog and Mustard EV sure is pretty especially with fall colors in the background. WV roads are my favorite. Nice report and pictures.
HD&M Bill
P.S.  Just wanted to ad that your EV looks baby new. Never seen a recent pic of one that looks as good as mine. 130,000 + miles on mine and she is purty too.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2021, 03:00:50 PM by Bill N »

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here

20 Ounce Stainless Steel Double Insulated Tumbler
Buy a quality tumbler and support the forum at the same time!
Better than a YETI! BPA and Lead free.
Advertise Here