Author Topic: MGNOC National Rally in NH 2021  (Read 16532 times)

Online Tom

• Guzzi Hero
Re: MGNOC National Rally in NH 2021
« Reply #330 on: June 06, 2021, 08:16:27 PM »
Randy said that he's planning for 400.  He said that he's gotten inquiries from a lot of first time rally goers & first time Moto Guzzi riders.

Italian food one night, hamburgers & hot dogs another, don't know for the 3rd night.
From the Deep Deep South out in left field.  There are no stupid questions.  There are however stupid people asking questions.  🤣, this includes me.  😉

Online Tom

• Guzzi Hero
« Reply #331 on: June 07, 2021, 01:45:50 PM »
Travel plans shaping up.  Looks like a direct flight Honolulu to Boston.  😳  Then it's bus to the train station, bus after the train then auto.   :boozing:  "Planes, Trains & Automobiles."  Riding to a rally is easy-peasy.   :grin: :grin: :grin: 
From the Deep Deep South out in left field.  There are no stupid questions.  There are however stupid people asking questions.  🤣, this includes me.  😉

Online Howard R

• Guzzi Hero
« Reply #332 on: June 07, 2021, 06:36:12 PM »
Well, phooey!

I've been trying to batter competing events into submission so I can attend this rally, but it seems I don't have a big enough hammer.

Really hate to miss this one.
Littlestown, PA  USA

1996 Sport 1100
1998 Centauro

MGNOC # L-707

Online Tom

• Guzzi Hero
« Reply #333 on: June 07, 2021, 07:11:36 PM »
Bummer!  I think the last time I saw you was out at the OR National.  You were doing a long trip.

Wildgoose Chase Moto Guzzi

« Reply #333 on: June 07, 2021, 07:11:36 PM »

Offline greer

• Guzzi Hero
« Reply #334 on: June 11, 2021, 08:39:38 AM »
Doug loves most anything seafood, and I can always find something on the menu.  Any places in/around Keene to note?  On a beer budget, mind you. 

Sarah
Sarah '17 V9, '16 V7 II Stone, '08 Nevada Classic, sold to my good buddy David in August 2020, '17 XT250
Doug '21 V85TT, '05 Sportster Roadster, '13 XT250,

Online Tom

• Guzzi Hero
« Reply #335 on: June 11, 2021, 05:01:45 PM »
Beer budget for seafood.  Within 15 20 minutes I found a supermarket that steams the seafood you buy.  I bought 2 lobsters, sushi and a pint of whiskey for lunch back at the rally site.  The soda fountain is open all day.  I had lunch back at the rally site.  Last time Randy sponsored the rally.   :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
« Last Edit: June 11, 2021, 11:28:30 PM by Tom »

Offline jrt

• Guzzi Hero
« Reply #336 on: June 11, 2021, 08:04:49 PM »
Wait...you're already there Tom?

By the way-  I've researched  few rides in NH and VT...but does anyone have suggestions on a day ride from Keene to wherever and back that is within 4-8 hours?  I'd love to hear suggestions. 
L-720
1973 Eldorado
1982 G5
2015 KTM 350exc-f
2020 V85tt

Online Tom

• Guzzi Hero
« Reply #337 on: June 11, 2021, 11:31:17 PM »
Sorry, I modified my last post.  It was the last time he sponsored it.  I leave on Sunday.  2 flights KOAHNL.  HNLBOS.  The 2nd flight is 11hrs. and change but not as long as the West Coast to Amsterdam or Rome.   :tongue:

Offline greer

• Guzzi Hero
« Reply #338 on: Today at 06:11:41 AM »
Beer budget for seafood.  Within 15 20 minutes I found a supermarket that steams the seafood you buy.  I bought 2 lobsters, sushi and a pint of whiskey for lunch back at the rally site.  The soda fountain is open all day.  I had lunch back at the rally site.  Last time Randy sponsored the rally.   :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Perfect!  I'll send Doug to the seafood department and I'll head straight to the soda fountain.  Thanks, Tom!

Sarah
Sarah '17 V9, '16 V7 II Stone, '08 Nevada Classic, sold to my good buddy David in August 2020, '17 XT250
Doug '21 V85TT, '05 Sportster Roadster, '13 XT250,

Online CharlieW

• Weekend Warrior
    • http://i490.photobucket.com
« Reply #339 on: Today at 06:30:07 AM »
Almost here.
 The weather forecast looking great, Normally we have wet/crappy weather during Laconia Bike Week.
  Mid 80s with possible T storms.
  Bike Week starts today, The State is back to semi normal .
   https://www.laconiamcweek.com/
   See You all there
   Charlie 
02 STONE

Online DonT

• New Goose
« Reply #340 on: Today at 05:21:53 PM »
 Any one want to do an all day ride on Friday???  Go west on Rte. 9 into VT, South on Rte. 8 to Mass.  Climb Mt;. Greylock - the highest mtn on Mass. on a New deal road, descend to Lanesborough, head north on rte 7.  Take Petersburgh pass Rte. 2 to NY then turn up rte. 22 to Cambridge NY and ride up rte 313  (the Battenkill River)  to Arlington.  Then take the Mt. Equinox toll road to the top. $20.  (2nd tallest Mtn in VT - they used to car race up it) then head back towards Brattleboro, but cut off over the Stratton Mt. access road, to the town of Stratton, down Rte 100 past Mt. Snow, and cut onto Auger Hole Rd. (I think) to Williamsville (rte 30 is boring) and get a covered bridge, come out on rte 30, and get another covered bridge in Dummerston, & over to North end of Brattleboro, and back to camp for dinner.  All day Saturday to hang out.   

If someone's got a similar route in NH, I'm game for that.  I lived in Southern VT for about 15 years - 25 years ago, so this route came to my head once I knew about the rally.  I'll be there Thursday and want to leave Friday by 9.  Picture is on the way up to summit of Greylock. 

Online Tom

• Guzzi Hero
« Reply #341 on: Today at 05:42:58 PM »
Don't think there's any planned rides.  I'm sure that if you want to do that.  It would be okay.  Ask Randy.   :thumb:

20 Ounce Stainless Steel Double Insulated Tumbler with donation credit
Buy a quality tumbler and support the forum at the same time!
Better than a YETI! BPA and Lead free.
Advertise Here