Author Topic: Has anyone hacked a modern V7 classic / V7 Stone or something else?  (Read 934 times)

Offline nashopolis

• New Egg
    • Isle of Printing
I was day dreaming about replacing my Ural with either a more modern Ural (I'm still riding a 650) or perhaps a more modern bike! or be smart and use something I own.

I often think about hacking a new Bonneville because they have been around awhile - seem really reliable and look the part.   The biggest con I see with that idea is the range on a Bonnie is pretty short with a tug.
Which leads me to one of my other ideas - Hack a V7 Stone / Classic.  Most of the pros of the Bonnie - A little down on power but torque! And then that nice big fuel tank!  And I've always wanted a newish bike.....

So big question V7 has anyone done this or seen it done?  I don't need a road burner but I hope this imagined hack would do a little better than my ural 50-60 MPH with the bonus of much less maintenance/ worry of catastrophic failures.
I'm hoping for a good backroad touring rig.

Easier to do but robs me of my solo bikes is use something I own - I could hack my Stone Lemans conversion I guess - honestly it would be the best power wise  or an 86 R80 I have.
But I really would like to keep the Lemans conversion as a solo and the BMW while less fiddly than the ural is still an older bike that will need more than something just a few years old.

So anyone seen a V7 Hack? 

Online Chuck in Indiana

• Gaggle Hero
Re: Has anyone hacked a modern V7 classic / V7 Stone or something else?
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2018, 10:37:09 AM »
Yeah. There is a guy in SoCal that has a Jupiter (I think).. with the bullet nose.. on a V7 Classic. Never have talked to him to see how well it works. I've only seen it at Mark's.  For sure, you'll need a fairly light car, and *not* expect to load it up with camping gear and your sweetie and head off for the mountains.  :smiley: A big block is barely adequate for that.
Chuck in (Elwood) Indiana/sometimes SoCal

87 AeroLario
95 Skorpion tour
22 Royal Enfield Classic 3 fiddy
 "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
Albert Einstein

20 Ounce Stainless Steel Double Insulated Tumbler
Buy a quality tumbler and support the forum at the same time!
Better than a YETI! BPA and Lead free.
Advertise Here