Author Topic: 33rd Illinois Guzzi Rally?  (Read 1524 times)

Offline Rion

• New Egg
    • Personal Site
33rd Illinois Guzzi Rally?
« on: May 13, 2018, 10:43:09 PM »
Via MGNOC

Is anyone going to be there?

I have never attended a rally, but a four hour ride is close enough for me to get my feet wet and see what's up. Probably leaving St. Louis Sat morning if anyone is riding up. Looks like a lot of you are headed to Harrison though.
May 18 to May 20, 2018
33RD ANNUAL ILLINOIS MOTO GUZZI RALLY
Sorry absolutely no pets allowed, anyone who brings a pet will be asked to leave. Registration includes: rally cup, Friday night chili and brauts, Saturday night smoked pork dinner, Continental breakfast Saturday and Sunday, 24 hour coffee and cold drinks, hot showers, two nights camping, door prizes, wooded campsites, and 50/50 drawing. No electrical hook-ups. LOCATION: Nine (9) miles north of Oquawka, Illinois on the west side of the "Great River Road" at "Big River State Forest." Accordance to the campground - no generators after 10: P.M. and before 7 A.M. Price: $35 before May 1st, $40 after May 1st. $5 for children 12 and under. Pre-registration: make checks payable to Illinois Moto Guzzi Riders Inc. Send to: E.G. Bowman, P.O. Box 231, Kirkwood, Illinois 61447. Questions? call E.G. Bowman at: 309-371-7912./quote]

« Last Edit: May 13, 2018, 11:06:08 PM by Rion »
V7II Stornello 386/1000
probablytheguy.com

Offline delrod

• Gaggle Mentor
Re: 33rd Illinois Guzzi Rally?
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2018, 05:47:59 AM »
Ron, Welcome to wildguzzi I've not been to the Ill. rally but I'm sure others will chime in shortly. Go have a good time just a couple of notes too bad you can't make it Friday as you will likely pay the full rally fee anyway. Arriving Saturday afternoon you may find many gone for a day ride. Introduce yourself and have a good time. Sunday am most likely will be packing up and early departure for most
Doug in Pittsburg KS
2003EVT

Offline Rion

• New Egg
    • Personal Site
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2018, 10:17:47 AM »
Thanks,

I planned on just checking it out. Earliest I can leave is Saturday morning, probably get there around 10am-11. I planned on leaving early Sunday as well. It's my only day off with the wife and I would be wise to make it back for lunch.
V7II Stornello 386/1000
probablytheguy.com

Online Chuck in Indiana

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2018, 11:12:26 AM »
Ahh, the Illi noise rally. Come for the food and beer, stay for the bugs.  :grin:  :cool:
These guys and girls *know* how to put on a rally. It's a good one. We've been *many* times and always had a good time, but going to Arkansas this year.
Chuck in (Elwood) Indiana/sometimes SoCal

87 AeroLario
95 Skorpion tour
22 Royal Enfield Classic 3 fiddy
 "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
Albert Einstein

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2018, 11:12:26 AM »

Offline cappisj1

• Gosling
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2018, 11:57:41 AM »
I am going. Leaving Friday afternoon. Couple hour ride for me. My second Guzzi rally and first Illinois rally.

So there will be two new guys.

Offline wymple

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2018, 04:22:38 PM »
I will be there, and that's cast in stone. They feed you to death.....
No trees were harmed by the conveyance of this message, but a lot of electrons were seriously disturbed.

Online bad Chad

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2018, 07:10:18 PM »
 It's a fabulous rally if there's anyway you can go go it's well worth your time.
 I wish I could go this year but I have other obligations .   My youngest daughter is graduating high school and I want to be there for her.    So please eat well and toss a few back on my behalf !   

My first rally of the season will be Elkhart Lake Rd., America vintage races in early June hope to see some are you guys there .
2007 Breva 1100  Red Arrow (and faster than yours!)
2016 CSC 250TT Zongshen
2017 V9 Roamer

Hymes Inc.

« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2018, 09:49:30 PM »
I will be stopping by for a few hours Friday and Saturday before I have to go to work.

Offline wymple

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2018, 11:22:13 PM »
If the good forecast holds up I will camp there tomorrow night, not sure about Saturday night. I only live about 60 miles away, and I'm old enough to be a weenie about such things. Home to my own bed is pretty easy.
No trees were harmed by the conveyance of this message, but a lot of electrons were seriously disturbed.

Offline Rion

• New Egg
    • Personal Site
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2018, 12:26:41 PM »

I'll be on my way in the morning! See you before lunch.
V7II Stornello 386/1000
probablytheguy.com

Hymes Inc.

« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2018, 06:42:01 AM »
Hope you guys didn't get too wet. Issues at work kept me from attending. Been a long time since I've missed this rally.

Offline guzzisteve

• Gaggle Hero
  • "Just Ride It"
« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2018, 09:01:22 AM »
Ha, Ha, I got a call last night from the rally. Didn't get to phone on time so I missed it.
"Pray through Carlo & your bike shall be healed"

Offline wymple

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2018, 10:09:11 AM »
I now have to starve for a month to get rid of all the calories I sucked in at the rally. The weather was better than advertised, I rode home Saturday night and it was absolutely perfect riding. There were even people there who tolerated me, and I won a T-shirt! Also good to see there is a Guzzi dealer in St. Louis I wasn't aware of. Really nice fellow, too. Ron & the crew are the best.

Offline Rion

• New Egg
    • Personal Site
« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2018, 09:07:11 PM »
I now have to starve for a month to get rid of all the calories I sucked in at the rally. The weather was better than advertised, I rode home Saturday night and it was absolutely perfect riding. There were even people there who tolerated me, and I won a T-shirt! Also good to see there is a Guzzi dealer in St. Louis I wasn't aware of. Really nice fellow, too. Ron & the crew are the best.

I made it home today with wet roads but no rain on me, I'd say that's a best case scenario. Ron and everyone was awesome, I also met Ace and had some great conversations. Plan on attending again, this time with a little more than a weeks notice!

I hear that Guzzi dealer from St. Louis was exceptionally handsome.

V7II Stornello 386/1000
probablytheguy.com

oldbike54

« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2018, 09:17:46 PM »
  :thumb:

Dusty

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here

Quad Lock - The best GPS / phone mount system for your motorcycles, no damage to your cameras!!
Get a Wildguzzi discount of 10% off your order!
http://quadlock.refr.cc/luapmckeever
Advertise Here