Author Topic: Why won't they do it ?..(for Kremmen)  (Read 29128 times)

beetle

Re: Why won't they do it ?
« Reply #30 on: July 22, 2017, 06:02:32 PM »
Thread, I spit at thee. From Hell's heart I stab at thee.

Die thread, die...

Offline Murray

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #31 on: July 22, 2017, 06:27:30 PM »
Oh yeh, thanks for that. Cool [emoji41] bike for sure but it never got off the ground as a sport bike did it ? 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

131 made (we think) between 2004 and 2009, Corsa version only fantastically balanced IMO.

Offline KiwiKev

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #32 on: July 23, 2017, 07:20:35 AM »
Just ignore it Beetle.
Think he's been smoking something too Huzo [emoji23]

Offline Huzo

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #33 on: July 23, 2017, 12:43:18 PM »
Think he's been smoking something too Huzo [emoji23]

If he's gunna destroy brain cells, can I have the bit that builds maps first please ? For me I'm just having  BS flight of fancy regarding the MGS, I'm as toey as a Roman sandal, only 8 days to go ! :drool:
« Last Edit: July 23, 2017, 12:45:57 PM by Huzo »

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #33 on: July 23, 2017, 12:43:18 PM »

Offline kirkemon

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #34 on: July 23, 2017, 12:55:37 PM »
I wonder how many Thruxton R owners would really rather have a MGS?
Kirk

Offline Huzo

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #35 on: July 23, 2017, 01:04:04 PM »
I wonder how many Thruxton R owners would really rather have a MGS?
The discerning ones...

Offline Chesterfield

• Hatchling
« Reply #36 on: July 23, 2017, 01:42:41 PM »
  So, this was not pretentious enough?     :evil:  I guess 5 more BHP will make it a KILLER.  :laugh:

Isn`t this a Sport Bike? It`s called racer.

Offline tazio

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #37 on: July 23, 2017, 02:29:52 PM »
Yes, and a chrome tank confirms it.
Current Fleet
2015 Moto-Guzzi GRiSO
1972 Aermacchi Harley-Davidson 350 Sprint
1967 Kawasaki 650 W2TT
1966 Triumph Bonneville

Offline Tom

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #38 on: July 23, 2017, 02:39:43 PM »
It's a cafe racer. 
From the Deep Deep South out in left field.  There are no stupid questions.  There are however stupid people asking questions.  🤣, this includes me.  😉

oldbike54

« Reply #39 on: July 23, 2017, 02:42:45 PM »
It's a cafe racer.

Meaning it is only slightly faster than a cafe ?

The V7 racer would have been considered a sport bike in 1965 , 40 HP 400,LBS , 105 MPH top speed.

Dusty

Offline Tom

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #40 on: July 23, 2017, 03:18:22 PM »
Uh no......it's only if you want fast coffee.   :shocked:  :grin:
From the Deep Deep South out in left field.  There are no stupid questions.  There are however stupid people asking questions.  🤣, this includes me.  😉

Offline Yan

• New Egg
« Reply #41 on: July 23, 2017, 03:44:06 PM »
Below is an interesting article, covering some of the arguments mentioned:

http://www.odd-bike.com/2015/01/millepercento-moto-guzzis-filling-void.html

Personally I would have liked to own this Super-Griso:

2007 Griso 1100

beetle

« Reply #42 on: July 23, 2017, 04:48:23 PM »

105 MPH top speed.

Only if launched from orbit.    :laugh:

Offline KiwiKev

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #43 on: July 23, 2017, 05:27:28 PM »
If he's gunna destroy brain cells, can I have the bit that builds maps first please ? For me I'm just having  BS flight of fancy regarding the MGS, I'm as toey as a Roman sandal, only 8 days to go ! :drool:
Lol, I like that one re the sandal, they used to make them from rope did they not Roper had to sneak in again.

That post from Yan is interesting- seems like those guys share your views

Offline Huzo

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #44 on: July 23, 2017, 05:49:58 PM »
 It just gives me the squirts Kev. Have a look at that thing and then tell me I'm talking crap, it's got me rooted. Personally I don't give a tinker's cuss how "fast" it is or is not. It gives me a chubby and for heaven's sake if You had an ex track day MGS and a Griso donk, how long do you think it would hold Beetle and Roper up, if they pooled their talents. I'd re birth the bastard somehow with Griso numbers and take the risk. If those two buggers said, "we'll build it and you get it past motor reg" you'd shit it in, if you had the proper engineer on the task to sign it off, it must be possible. Just have a look at some of the unadulterated piles of steaming pus that are "built" in the name of "Custom Bikes" or "Choppers" and they get through. Go on everyone, tell me I'm a tosser...
« Last Edit: July 23, 2017, 06:14:08 PM by Huzo »

Offline Huzo

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #45 on: July 23, 2017, 05:52:08 PM »
Thread, I spit at thee. From Hell's heart I stab at thee.

Die thread, die...
I do respect your word on things Beetle, so I ask in total seriousness. Why? Please don't answer in Shakespearean verse.

beetle

« Reply #46 on: July 23, 2017, 06:43:22 PM »
It's Melville, actually.

I'll gather my thoughts and post a response in due course.

beetle

« Reply #47 on: July 23, 2017, 06:57:09 PM »
BTW, I've done an indicated 160 on a Racer. Just.  A most frightening experience. An extra 8 km/h? Bwahahaha!

Offline PJPR01

• Gaggle Hero
  • Norge, Scura, Griso
« Reply #48 on: July 23, 2017, 07:34:14 PM »
squirts
crap
rooted
tinker's cuss
chubby
Griso donk
birth the bastard
two buggers
you'd shit it in
piles of steaming pus
tell me I'm a tosser...

Pay attention everyone...a lexicon of Australian jargon to use as a reference for future discussions!  Take notes!!

You've got me rolling on the floor Huzo...my sides are splitting!!  One funny guy!  :)
Paul R
2021 Honda Goldwing Bagger Manual Cement Gray
2015 Red/Black Griso
2008 Silver Norge
2002 V11 Scura

pete roper

« Reply #49 on: July 23, 2017, 08:09:34 PM »
Lol, I like that one re the sandal, they used to make them from rope did they not Roper had to sneak in again.

That post from Yan is interesting- seems like those guys share your views

I share no *Views* with the Millercento mob. I think their offering is tiresome. It's based from memory on an 1100 engine that has water cooled heads and it's been bored to an enormous capacity. It's basically just a big old 2 valver. That excites me about as much as the idea of being flogged with a wet lettuce leaf. What IMHO is far worse is that I believe it still uses the twin plate clutch! Now don't get me wrong, it's a good unit, but it was originally designed to take whatever power and torque a V7 from 1967 made. Yes, it was latterly given an extra two springs but if the motor produces anywhere near what it's supposed two a couple of hard starts would turn it into a smelly, smoking ruin!

Look, if that is what floats your boat? That's fine! It doesn't float mine. It is neither clever or elegant, it's simply sledgehammer engineering.

Last time I expressed those views I was told by some Finnish braggart who claimed to own one that I was simply jealous because I couldn't afford one. I think that probably sums up the market segment they're aiming for. LOMBARD's.

Pete

Offline Huzo

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #50 on: July 23, 2017, 10:26:26 PM »
Pay attention everyone...a lexicon of Australian jargon to use as a reference for future discussions!  Take notes!!

You've got me rolling on the floor Huzo...my sides are splitting!!  One funny guy!  :)
Well ok mate.. um fair enough but it all sounds a bit try hard when they're cobbled together like that but anyway there you go. Sometimes a small string of 3 or 4 words can carry the same meaning as a full sentence but in any case, that's what happens when you type like you talk. One thing that  makes me cringe is when someone overdoes that type of thing to try to "sound" funny.... it never works. Also BTW, vulgarity of itself is not necessarily funny, kinda like the stand up comic who can't get a laugh so he just starts using the in and out word hoping for a giggle, it's sad.

Offline Huzo

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #51 on: July 23, 2017, 10:51:15 PM »

Oh.. ok, if you pull it to bits, it's really no big deal, look.

Squirts= an expulsion from the colon bought on by tension of the lower abdomen.

Crap=a generic term for an item or substance worthy of being consigned to the rubbish bin, also a slang term for human excrement.

Rooted=placed in a position where neither forward or backward motion can be achieved either physically or metaphorically.

Tinker's cuss=an expletive laden verbal outburst made by a metal worker from the 19 th century.

Chubby= the physical manifestation of the onset of male arousal.

Griso donk=the locomotive unit under the tank of a Moto Guzzi Griso.

Re birth the bastard= to alter the identifying numbers and letters of a said motorcycle whose exact parentage is indeterminate.

Two Buggers= A gathering of more than one and less than three males of undisputed skill in a known sphere, that can cause one to bristle on occasions.

You'd **** it in= The desired outcome can be achieved with similar amount of concentration and physical effort as a healthy ablution.

Piles of steaming pus= A mass of unsavoury excretion from an open wound, warm enough to vaporise in the ambient conditions.

Tell me I'm a tosser= To accuse me of being someone who engages in the act of moving ones hand in an oscillatory motion, generated primarily from the wrist and most likely in a palm up configuration. The motion akin to dispensing wheat or other grainy substance to chickens or land based fowl...

So if one was to insert those definitions into the monologue, the meaning would be no more clear, and one may lose ones audience.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2019, 04:19:55 PM by Huzo »

Offline Huzo

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #52 on: July 23, 2017, 11:05:32 PM »
No offence meant Huzo- I just have no idea wtf an MGS is / was. I did a search on the interweb and found some reference to MGS modified bikes but no idea which one or ones you refer to.

Send a link for me - and possibly other plebites out here :-)

Cheerz Kev
I'm as much a pleb as anyone mate, none taken. The only reason I know what one looks like is I've got a dog eared magazine with a picture of one in the centrefold hidden in the woodshed, the staple is right between the V of the cylinders. (Funny that!) Nothing's changed in 45 years, had a sorta similar thing when I was 14! Not as pretty though...
« Last Edit: July 24, 2017, 02:04:07 AM by Huzo »

beetle

« Reply #53 on: July 24, 2017, 12:24:49 AM »
I do respect your word on things Beetle, so I ask in total seriousness. Why? Please don't answer in Shakespearean verse.

There have been many threads like this one in these hallowed pages. They invariably have many posts lamenting the decline of Moto Guzzi, or pondering the current model line while referencing the V11 series, or the CARC series, or MGS01 etc. There's usually questions on why the CARC series couldn't be continued, or speculation on when will they release a water cooled engine. There's mention of the custom work by the likes of Millepercento or Radical Guzzi, followed by praise for their wonderful creations, even though said creations use questionable engineering like a carbureted, big bore 8V engine shoe-horned into an older frame designed for a 75HP engine, replete with bevel drive for same, then claim 130HP. Then the fantasy brigade roll in, posting pics from Bike Exif of similar, with a photo-shopped Le Man's based on the Bellagio. They can't fathom that the 2V big block is dead (and ain't never coming back), or why people would prefer a mono-shock rising rate rear end over a pair of conventional shocks because that's what real motorbikes have. Then we get stories of "I know a guy who's best friends second cousin works for a fellow who's uncle knows a dealer that spoke to a suit from Piaggio who said there's a 200HP water cooled engine in the works."

It's tiresome.

Offline Huzo

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #54 on: July 24, 2017, 02:07:29 AM »
Well I did ask. Thank you...(I think)

Offline ITSec

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #55 on: July 24, 2017, 02:48:14 AM »

It's tiresome.

But remember, Beetle, as Alexander Pope said:

Hope springs eternal in the human breast;
    Man never is, but always to be blessed:
    The soul, uneasy and confined from home,
    Rests and expatiates in a life to come.

If we weren't optimists (at least in some degree or manner), we wouldn't ride Moto Guzzis. Heck, we probably wouldn't even ride!
ITSecurity
2012 Griso 8v SE - Tenni Green
2013 Stelvio NTX - Copper
2008 Norge GT - Silver

I am but mad north-northwest!
When the wind is southerly, I can tell a hawk from a handsaw...

Offline KiwiKev

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #56 on: July 24, 2017, 03:16:11 AM »
I share no *Views* with the Millercento mob. I think their offering is tiresome. It's based from memory on an 1100 engine that has water cooled heads and it's been bored to an enormous capacity. It's basically just a big old 2 valver. That excites me about as much as the idea of being flogged with a wet lettuce leaf. What IMHO is far worse is that I believe it still uses the twin plate clutch! Now don't get me wrong, it's a good unit, but it was originally designed to take whatever power and torque a V7 from 1967 made. Yes, it was latterly given an extra two springs but if the motor produces anywhere near what it's supposed two a couple of hard starts would turn it into a smelly, smoking ruin!

Look, if that is what floats your boat? That's fine! It doesn't float mine. It is neither clever or elegant, it's simply sledgehammer engineering.

Last time I expressed those views I was told by some Finnish braggart who claimed to own one that I was simply jealous because I couldn't afford one. I think that probably sums up the market segment they're aiming for. LOMBARD's.

Pete
Pete, I meant it sounded to me what your mate Huzo was raving on about.

Personally I don't have the ability or desire to redesign my bike. They are just eye candy nice to look at but not practical or within my reach. I'm happy with their standard models like my old Cali 1100i though it's still in bits.

Got the new gearbox bearings in and seals done, next job is to check the selector end float as described in your doc on this old tractor. I assume nothing's changed since you wrote it & my bike does suffer
from false neutrals so worth doing.

Offline KiwiKev

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #57 on: July 24, 2017, 03:32:59 AM »
I'm as much a pleb as anyone mate, none taken. The only reason I know what one looks like is I've got a dog eared magazine with a picture of one in the centrefold hidden in the woodshed, the staple is right between the V of the cylinders. (Funny that!) Nothing's changed in 45 years, had a sorta similar thing when I was 14! Not as pretty though...
Mm funny that particular publication was drooled over by many a young lad, must be why we like twin pots so much I reckon.

pete roper

« Reply #58 on: July 24, 2017, 03:53:03 AM »

Got the new gearbox bearings in and seals done, next job is to check the selector end float as described in your doc on this old tractor. I assume nothing's changed since you wrote it & my bike does suffer
from false neutrals so worth doing.

If you haven't yet found it John Noble's photoessay and summary of a five speed overhaul is far more detailed and better than mine. I think it's on the same site, if not its in the archives of Guzzitek.dk

Pete

Offline KiwiKev

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #59 on: July 24, 2017, 06:56:05 AM »
Oh also, if you pull it to bits, it's really no big deal, look. Squirts= an expulsion of the colon bought on by tension of the lower abdomen. Crap=a generic term for an item or substance worthy of being consigned to the rubbish bin. Rooted=placed in a position where neither forward or backward motion can be achieved either physically or cereberally. Tinker's cuss=an expletive laden verbal outburst made by a metal worker from the 19 th century. Chubby= the physical manifestation of the commencement of male arousal. Griso donk=the locomotive unit under the tank of a Moto Guzzi Griso. Re birth the bastard= to alter the identifying numbers and letters of a said motorcycle whose exact parentage in indeterminate. Two Buggers= A gathering of more than one and less than three males of undisputed skill in a known sphere, that can cause one to bristle on occasions. You'd **** it in= The desired outcome can be achieved with similar amount of concentration and physical effort as a healthy ablution. Piles of steaming pus= A mass of unsavoury excretion from an open wound, warm enough to vaporise in the ambient conditions. Tell me I'm a tosser= The act of moving ones hand in an oscillatory motion generated primarily from the wrist, generally in a palm up configuration. The motion akin to dispensing wheat or other grainy substance to chickens or land based fowl.      So if one was to insert those definitions into the monologue, the meaning would be no more clear, and one may lose ones audience.

:afro: Shyte Huzo, you shdda been on the stage - ....   the one that left town half an hour ago

One of my trusty old schoolboy jokes ;-p

have fun on your travels
Kev

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here