Author Topic: Zero SR/S  (Read 3533 times)

Offline twowheeladdict

• Gaggle Hero
Re: Zero SR/S
« Reply #30 on: February 22, 2020, 04:17:00 PM »
Hydrogen makes a lot more sense at for at least the next decade or two,(or three), 'cause it would interface with existing reciprocating  engines which have been highly developed and have vast infrastructure for maintence.
Electric has somewhat of a "cult" following .

I've been investing in this tech for some time,(stock), and guessing it will be a winner.

Time will tell.

You don't think electric will expand?  I think it has early adopters, but a cult following only time will tell. 

Do you work in the energy industry?  I was always taught to invest in what you know. 
2022 Moto Guzzi V85TT Guardia D'onore
2018 V7 III Carbon Dark #0009 of 1921
2018 Road Glide Special
2021 Kawasaki KLX300SM
2017 Suzuki Van Van 200
2009 Harley Davidson Softail Custom

Offline LowRyter

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #31 on: February 22, 2020, 05:50:51 PM »
Hydrogen makes a lot more sense at for at least the next decade or two,(or three), 'cause it would interface with existing reciprocating  engines which have been highly developed and have vast infrastructure for maintence.
Electric has somewhat of a "cult" following .

I've been investing in this tech for some time,(stock), and guessing it will be a winner.

Time will tell.

You're investing in Hydrogen but think EVs are a "cult following". 

It's hard to get outta the way of all those hydrogen cars on the road, I get it.
John L 
When life gets you down remember it's one down and the rest are up.  (1-N-23456)

Offline kirby1923

• Gaggle Mentor
  • '81 CX100
  • Location: SoCal (rural) near Tehachapi CA, Rogers AR when in the states other times GMT+1 thu +6
« Reply #32 on: February 22, 2020, 06:18:52 PM »
You're investing in Hydrogen but think EVs are a "cult following". 

It's hard to get outta the way of all those hydrogen cars on the road, I get it.

No you don't.

I have invested in hydrogen technology for many uses, not just vehicles, in my opinion will prove to be better than electric in may applications.

Do I detect a bit of cynicism?

Are you a Tesla stockholder?

:-)
« Last Edit: February 22, 2020, 06:28:53 PM by kirby1923 »
'81 CX100

A calm and modest life brings more happiness than the constant pursuit of success combined with constant restlessness.. Einstein,A

Offline Zinfan

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #33 on: February 22, 2020, 06:41:56 PM »

No you don't.

I have invested in hydrogen technology for many uses, not just vehicles, in my opinion will prove to be better than electric in may applications.

I'd love to look into hydrogen stuff but it seems they would have more of a problem getting fueling stations out there than the EV companies have.  After all if you need a Tesla charging station you can put one pretty much anywhere electricity is available but a hydrogen refuel station?   

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #33 on: February 22, 2020, 06:41:56 PM »

Offline kirby1923

• Gaggle Mentor
  • '81 CX100
  • Location: SoCal (rural) near Tehachapi CA, Rogers AR when in the states other times GMT+1 thu +6
« Reply #34 on: February 22, 2020, 07:11:26 PM »
I hear you but hopefully hydrogen will become as easy to transport and store as petro products.

Hydrogen should be much cleaner to produce. Li nining and transport along with battery manufacturing process(s) are dirty business.

I probably will not live to see what comes out the winner but am betting on hydrogen.

'81 CX100

A calm and modest life brings more happiness than the constant pursuit of success combined with constant restlessness.. Einstein,A

Offline Chuck in Indiana

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #35 on: February 22, 2020, 08:00:32 PM »
Li nining and transport along with battery manufacturing process(s) are dirty business.

That's a fact, but we may be seeing the start of the demise of Li batteries already. Graphite is about 6X more efficient. The market will shake out the winners.
Chuck in (Elwood) Indiana/sometimes SoCal

87 AeroLario
95 Skorpion tour
22 Royal Enfield Classic 3 fiddy
 "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
Albert Einstein

Offline LowRyter

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #36 on: February 22, 2020, 08:02:10 PM »

No you don't.

I only have natural gas stock. 
John L 
When life gets you down remember it's one down and the rest are up.  (1-N-23456)

oldbike54

« Reply #37 on: February 22, 2020, 08:16:51 PM »
 If I could find a transformer that could handle my *Fusion Generator in a coffee can* all of this would be moot .

Dusty

Offline kirby1923

• Gaggle Mentor
  • '81 CX100
« Reply #38 on: February 22, 2020, 08:31:09 PM »

Elon 2024!

« Last Edit: February 22, 2020, 08:31:58 PM by kirby1923 »
'81 CX100

Offline kirby1923

• Gaggle Mentor
  • '81 CX100
« Reply #39 on: February 23, 2020, 10:03:48 AM »
That's a fact, but we may be seeing the start of the demise of Li batteries already. Graphite is about 6X more efficient. The market will shake out the winners.

Yeah, I've been watching the SAE papers on graphene and it has a lot of potential to make Li obsolete..but

It (at this point) still has to be mined and large capacity batteries are heavy and have a cycle problem and have to be "recycled" .

" Graphene is the strongest mineral ever discovered, with 40 times the strength of diamond. It is more effective as a conductor of heat and electricity than graphite.

Graphene is capable of transferring electricity 140 times faster than lithium, while being 100 times lighter than aluminium. This means it could increase the power density of a standard Li-ion battery by 45%. "

At this point being developed for cell phones but larger batteries will likely follow.

(Published SAE stuff)

I still like the idea of a clean burning fuel or a power cell instead of a storage device. I think its more likely to happen in my lifetime.

The market for electric vehicles is limited to urban dwellers  IMHO.

Go for it!
« Last Edit: February 23, 2020, 10:40:47 AM by kirby1923 »
'81 CX100

Offline alanp

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #40 on: February 27, 2020, 03:39:58 PM »

The market for electric vehicles is limited to urban dwellers. IMHO

I am curious why you say that?  I would think they would work as well or better for people living in rural areas.  The only large groups of people they don't make sense for are:
1) people who can't charge them at home.  Mostly, this would be people living in apartments where they don't have access to a garage or an outdoor electrical outlet, and this would be mostly people living in urban areas.
2) people who only have 1 vehicle AND need to drive 200+ miles in a day on occasion. I don't think this would have much to do with where you live. 

If you are basing your statement on access to public charging infrastructure, I think that is one of the biggest red herring issues surrounding electric vehicles.  I have has an electric car for 2 years, have put nearly 30,000 miles on it, and have never once used a public charger out of need, and have almost never used them period.  Relying on public charging is going to be very inconvenient except in special circumstances.  But if you can charge at home you really have no limitations except for extended travel, which is the same regardless of where you live.   
Niwot, Colorado
'08 1200 Sport - Black
'16 V7II Stone - Black
Previous Guzzis
'07 Griso, '07 Norge, '03 California SS, '02 California SS, '02 V11 Lemans,  '83 Lemans III, '77 Lemans

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here