General Category > General Discussion

Some tire sizes not imported?

(1/2) > >>

Dirk_S:
I would love to try out the Pirelli Scorpion Rally STR on my V7. They’ve gotten some solid test reviews for dual sport boots. Pirelli states both 110/80-18 and 130/80-17 are available, but I can’t find a supplier in the US that carries those sizes. These particular sizes only appear to be Europe.

Is this a common thing? Being a spoilt American, I assumed we got all the tire sizes.

Canuck750:
Pirelli Scorpion STR 120/70-R18, 150/70-R17 appears to be the closest available through Fortnine out of Canada.

chuck peterson:
My local honkawyam dealer said he could sell a hundred front tires for Harley if he had them

Constant phone calls

9fingers:
Things are gonna get worse before they get better. If you cant find the tire you want, and you NEED a tire, buy something good that is available. I just put on a Conti Road Attack 3 on the rear of my V7 and it is really good.

Dirk_S:
I’m not talking about sizes that are sold out, but rather sizes that have actually never been imported over here. A lot of sites will display a size and gray it out with an OUT OF STOCK note. But these particular sizes seem to not have been imported to the US, at all. Ever. As if the US distributor(s) selected those sizes and said “we’re not going to offer these in North America.”

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version