Author Topic: Introductions thread...Introduce yourself to the group !  (Read 1033159 times)

Offline Unkept

• Gaggle Hero
    • Unkept Uncaged- Youtube Channel
Re: Introductions thread...Introduce yourself to the group !
« Reply #840 on: May 28, 2013, 01:38:16 PM »
And that's the way it should be.   But don't forget the awesome and critical responsibility that puts on YOU .....  :o  :o   :D

Lannis

:+1  ;D

Offline Grokked

• New Egg
« Reply #841 on: May 29, 2013, 09:22:05 AM »
Ben R.
IT Guy in Cleveland, OH
Taking Delivery of my V7 Stone on June 1st.
This will be my first Guzzi and first "New" bike.
Also, thanks to Forum Member and Pride of Cleveland employee Loftness for helping me with my purchase.  ;-T

Offline Stormtruck2

• AKA Scotch and Cigars
  • Gaggle Hero
  • Geese Fly in a Proper V
« Reply #842 on: May 29, 2013, 05:57:10 PM »
Welcome aboard!!  Great first bike!  Ride often, post often, always post pics!!! :PICS!: :PICS!: ;-T P:) ;D
If you wish to know what a man is, place in him authority.
False accusations reflect more on the accuser than the accused.
They can take everything from you, including your life, except your honor and integrity.  That you must give away.
Do or don't do. There is no try.
μολὼν λαβέ-molṑn labé

rcb

Hello from Indiana
« Reply #843 on: May 30, 2013, 02:34:37 PM »
Hello from Indiana!

I do not own a Moto Guzzi currently, however I've been seriously considering trying to get one of my dream bikes; a Centauro. Currently I ride an ST1100 and maintain my wife's XL600R (she's wanting to get rid of it to get a sport bike... which is a shame because It's a great bike too). While a great, capable bike (the ST), I've been feeling the itch to get something fun. The Centauro's at the top of that list. I've spent the past year reading up on the maintenance ins and outs as I maintain all my own motorcycles. Anyhow, I tried to join a while back but was unable. So I decided to try again and got in this time! I'm hoping one of these days to find one for sale close enough to actually look at in person, as I have never seen one other than in photos or video.

I'm also on the COG forums and look forward to learning more here.

Thanks for having me!

-RC

Wildguzzi.com

Hello from Indiana
« Reply #843 on: May 30, 2013, 02:34:37 PM »

Offline Stormtruck2

• AKA Scotch and Cigars
  • Gaggle Hero
« Reply #844 on: May 30, 2013, 02:42:38 PM »
Where are you from in Indiana?  If you are ever out on your ST on a Monday, Tuesday, or Wednesday feel free to drop by my place and you can ride a Centy and look one over. :bike  Welcome aboard!
They can take everything from you, including your life, except your honor and integrity.  That you must give away.
μολὼν λαβέ-molṑn labé

rcb

« Reply #845 on: May 30, 2013, 03:18:21 PM »
I live about 45 minutes south east of Bloomington Indiana. Thanks for the offer! Iowa would make a solid road trip indeed! Where in Iowa are you?

Offline Stormtruck2

• AKA Scotch and Cigars
  • Gaggle Hero
« Reply #846 on: May 30, 2013, 03:30:08 PM »
60 miles west of Clintion on highway 30, 25 miles east of Cedar Rapids on highway 30.  I'm easy to find.  Even have overnight accomadations if needed, feel free to bring your better, or naughty half if you wish.  :D
μολὼν λαβέ-molṑn labé

Offline 96ssportsp

• New Egg
  • 2005 Ducati MTS-2000 MG Quota
« Reply #847 on: May 30, 2013, 06:48:52 PM »
New member here from eastern Oregon. Bought a used Quota a few weeks ago and trying  to educate myself on Guzzi's. Have had Ducati's the last 10 years. Ride safe, Scott.
"Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ & the American Soldier. One died for your soul; the other for your freedom"

Offline Stormtruck2

• AKA Scotch and Cigars
  • Gaggle Hero
« Reply #848 on: May 30, 2013, 07:06:13 PM »
Welcome 96ssportsp. ;-T  You'll love that QUota, one of the best handling Guzzis out there.  :bike BTW  :PICS!: :PICS!: :PICS!:
μολὼν λαβέ-molṑn labé

Offline Lannis

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #849 on: May 30, 2013, 07:06:47 PM »
New member here from eastern Oregon. Bought a used Quota a few weeks ago and trying  to educate myself on Guzzi's. Have had Ducati's the last 10 years. Ride safe, Scott.

We'd be interested in hearing a comparison between the Multistrada and the Quota once you've got a little seat time in .....
"Hard pounding, this, gentlemen; let's see who pounds the longest".

Offline 96ssportsp

• New Egg
« Reply #850 on: June 01, 2013, 01:21:23 AM »
We'd be interested in hearing a comparison between the Multistrada and the Quota once you've got a little seat time in .....

Will do... ;-T

Scott.
"Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ & the American Soldier. One died for your soul; the other for your freedom"

guzzitron

« Reply #851 on: June 02, 2013, 12:07:07 PM »
Hello Motoguzzista's!
I am new to Guzzi and this forum, but not new to motorcycles.  My last rides have been 2 BMW oilheads and one (the most recent)  airhead; an R75/5 with rare 5spd tranny and other "sporting" mods.
 I loved the airhead most of all, but although the drive train is bullet proof, everything else is not. I am a mature rider, not a squid.  Also, I need a bit more relaxed ergo's, and the traditional European riding position is a challenging for longer rides.  I am 5' 10", 30 inch inseam
My wrenching ability consists of being able to do tune-ups and oil changes, minor  electrical repairs.  Major engine rebuilds,etc, are not my forte.

But lets get down the crunch.  There is a 2002 California Special with only 15K original miles on the clock offered by a multi-marque dealer.  The bike was a trade in for a new purchase.  The dealer wants $6K.  Motor Cycle Consumer News in the Spring issue puts the value at about $4100 (average).  KBB Wholesale is $3100, retail is $4500.

I have gone through previous threads on this forum and discovered things like gluing the shock covers, putting a hose clamp on the oil filter, replacing the sump pump gasket, using marine glue on chrome parts, and double checking the foot peg bolts.

My big concern are: 1.) the bike may have been a garage queen and I could be facing dried out seals, gaskets, and hoses.  2.) Ethanol damage to the fuel system.  I plan on looking at the bike in about a week due to distance involved.

Your thoughts?  What else should I be aware of?
Any S. WI or Northern Ill members?  Ride safe!
Best,
Howard

Now it is a given that dealer support around this area sucks.  Just because a place sells Vespa's and has a Motoguzzi sign, that does not make them Guz wrenches.

Offline Wild Bill Guzzi

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #852 on: June 02, 2013, 12:37:31 PM »
Howard,

Welcome to the fourm.  Suggestion, post your topic on the regular fourm (start a new topic), you will get more eyes on your question.  
« Last Edit: June 02, 2013, 12:49:09 PM by Wild Bill Guzzi »

rotate

« Reply #853 on: June 06, 2013, 08:57:10 PM »
Hello everyone,

I'm Jason, work in the startup world in NYC.  Living in Williamsburg Brooklyn.

I've been a huge car nut since I was aware of being a sentient being, and that soon evolved into a love of motorcycles as well.  A long time obsession led to me finally getting my first bike, a Ducati Monster 796 abs.  Had a good time with the bike, but insurance and practical matters dictated a change of pace.  Keeping it Italian, I got myself onto a Vespa LX 150.  I ride it with my stereotypical Ducatista Dianese full leathers, gloves, boots, and full face aggressive helmet and genreally make a fool of myself everywhere I go.  I recently got a garage spot for my car and managed to get a nook for a bike which means it's time to get back onto a propor motorcycle as I sorely miss a clutch lever, as endearing as the little Vespa has proven to be.

I'm typically more attracted to the hardcore sportbikes and the nakeds, however riding around at low speeds through Brooklyn made me yearn for something that will have character a 0 MPH and put a smile on my face while sitting in traffic.  After riding a BMW S1000RR on a hot summer day in saturday afternoon Manhattan traffic I decided I'd get myself a 1199 Panigale as a track/perfect sunday toy one day and a Guzzi that I can really enjoy in my riding conditions (not to mention afford to insure) in the meantime.

I joined the forum hoping to gain some insight on the v7 special vs the racer.  I'm immediately attracted to the racer but I'd need to do the 2 seater conversion kit, which I was told largely ruins the look of the bike by the dealer and that I'd be better off going with a special.  I can't shake wanting the racer and am inclined to do it anyway...

Cheers!

Offline Wild Bill Guzzi

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #854 on: June 06, 2013, 11:56:54 PM »
Jason,  Suggestion, post your topic on the regular fourm (start a new topic), you will get more eyes on your question concering a V7.  Welcome to the nuthouse!   

Offline sknapp351

• Hatchling
« Reply #855 on: June 07, 2013, 09:58:17 PM »
Hello!

I am buying my first Guzzi this week, so I wanted to find a place I could bounce questions around and look for things to buy. This looks like the right place! I am buying a 2000 California Jackal with a sidecar from my cousin. I love the bike and cant wait to take some decent road trips this summer.

My wife and I are co-owners of a small web and design firm based in Tampa, FL, but we live in Roanoke, VA.

Offline Dean Rose

• Gaggle Hero
    • Twin Valley Riders
« Reply #856 on: June 08, 2013, 06:15:06 AM »
Hello!

I am buying my first Guzzi this week, so I wanted to find a place I could bounce questions around and look for things to buy. This looks like the right place! I am buying a 2000 California Jackal with a sidecar from my cousin. I love the bike and cant wait to take some decent road trips this summer.

My wife and I are co-owners of a small web and design firm based in Tampa, FL, but we live in Roanoke, VA.

Welcome, I used to live in Roanoke until we moved up here to Hot Springs. Lived in Tampa in the mid eighties up in Carolwood area.

Dean
Magnolia '02 EV
Sophia '06 Breva 1100 
"Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."

Offline sknapp351

• Hatchling
« Reply #857 on: June 09, 2013, 07:49:57 PM »
Thanks for the welcome Dean! I've been riding for most of the weekend and am already in love with the bike. Thankfully my wife gets to claim the sidecar, so I don't think she'll get too jealous. In fact, I think she's shopping for riding gear and Guzzi clothing now....

Maybe it would've been cheaper to just have her jealous of a motorcycle...

Offline cbeaner007

• New Egg
« Reply #858 on: June 11, 2013, 09:25:43 PM »
Hello All,
My name is "CW" and I live in Portsmouth, NH.  Just bought a new V7 Stone and loving it.  It's my first Guzzi.  Many bikes in the past to include Harleys, Kawasakis, Hondas, etc.  I'm a plastic surgeon and now in private practice after many years in the US Army.  I'm enjoying the forum and appreciate all the Guzzi info.

CW

Offline Guzzistajohn

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #859 on: June 11, 2013, 09:59:01 PM »
Welcome CW, best wishes for many happy Guzzi miles in the future! you should make plans to attend a Guzzi rally soon. Experience the "culture" ::)
ебать Россию!   Not anti social-pro solitude

Offline 96ssportsp

• New Egg
« Reply #860 on: June 12, 2013, 09:08:57 PM »

Ok, here goes. First of all I am 6'1 with a 36 inseam, neither bike is an issue to flat foot with knees bent. Have had both a knee & hip replacement so comfort matters. Quota offers more leg room.
I bought the Q as my 2nd bike and it compliments the Multi well. The Q is really laid back and comfortable and really doesn't like to run over 85. The MTS just begs for stupidity, wheelie across parking lot, front wheel 2 feet in the air halfway across the intersection, etc, you get the drift. Much lighter, in fact it feels much lighter than it actually is, though it steers much heavier than the Q with its narrower tires.
The Quota has blown away any expectations I DID not have for off pavement travel. I had considered it a pavement ride only. After riding it on good gravel roads, I am now starting to seek them out, 55 mph standing up is a cakewalk, add a few rpms to get in the power and spin it up!!! Fun!! In my more exuberant years I could see myself foot out and powersliding 600 lbs and probably paying the price! :D
I could probably ramble on more, but you get the idea. Love both bikes, different tools for the same job, except off pavement. The multi is a corner carver of the old man type.

Thanks, Scott.

Offline Lannis

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #861 on: June 13, 2013, 01:12:27 AM »
Ok, here goes. First of all I am 6'1 with a 36 inseam, neither bike is an issue to flat foot with knees bent. Have had both a knee & hip replacement so comfort matters. Quota offers more leg room.
I bought the Q as my 2nd bike and it compliments the Multi well. The Q is really laid back and comfortable and really doesn't like to run over 85. The MTS just begs for stupidity, wheelie across parking lot, front wheel 2 feet in the air halfway across the intersection, etc, you get the drift. Much lighter, in fact it feels much lighter than it actually is, though it steers much heavier than the Q with its narrower tires.
The Quota has blown away any expectations I DID not have for off pavement travel. I had considered it a pavement ride only. After riding it on good gravel roads, I am now starting to seek them out, 55 mph standing up is a cakewalk, add a few rpms to get in the power and spin it up!!! Fun!! In my more exuberant years I could see myself foot out and powersliding 600 lbs and probably paying the price! :D
I could probably ramble on more, but you get the idea. Love both bikes, different tools for the same job, except off pavement. The multi is a corner carver of the old man type.

Thanks, Scott.

Thanks!   I know what you mean ... having a Stelvio has cured me of wanting to powerslide 580 pounds around gravel corners in the toolies .....

Sounds like you've got a ride for every occasion ....

Lannis

Offline ejs

• Gosling
« Reply #862 on: June 13, 2013, 05:40:07 PM »
 :pop

Hi to all.
I am from Norway,living in a town named Kristiansand .
Work as an NDT Inspector
Last week I bought an California EV 1999 mod.
It need to be worked with (TPS,valves,etc.) It runs,but very unstable at 3500- 4500 rpm.(I suspect the TPS)
time will tell.
Questions is coming in the future ;D

Einar
California EV 1999

Offline goldscott

• New Egg
« Reply #863 on: June 13, 2013, 07:22:25 PM »
Hi All,

Bought a V7R last weekend and I'm absolutely in love with this machine.

2013 V7 Racer #574 - Stolen
1976 BMW R75/6

Offline Unkept

• Gaggle Hero
    • Unkept Uncaged- Youtube Channel
« Reply #864 on: June 13, 2013, 07:54:05 PM »
:pop

Hi to all.
I am from Norway,living in a town named Kristiansand .
Work as an NDT Inspector
Last week I bought an California EV 1999 mod.
It need to be worked with (TPS,valves,etc.) It runs,but very unstable at 3500- 4500 rpm.(I suspect the TPS)
time will tell.
Questions is coming in the future ;D

Einar

:PICS!:

Hi All,

Bought a V7R last weekend and I'm absolutely in love with this machine.

Stunning! The chrome would probably blind me, but it will turn heads! ;)

Welcome both of you, hope to see you posting on the forum.

-Joe

cave_dweller

« Reply #865 on: June 13, 2013, 08:36:12 PM »
Mode of Existence: Loner (single, never married)
Motorcycles: Moto Guzzi Griso 8V SE (current), Ducati Monster 695 (past), Kawasaki 100, Suzuki 125
Riding Experience: Started on Vespa at age 14. Got up to 125 CC by age 23. Hiatus from 2000 to 2007. Active on Ducati Monster from 2007 to late-2011. Hiatus from late-2011 to current. Mid-2013 entered the world of Moto Guzzi.
Interests: Motorcycle Riding, Reading, Rock Climbing, Mountaineering, Sailing, Photography, East Indian and Eastern Philosophy
Motorcycle Technical Knowledge: Preliminary. Limited to riding. No repair knowledge. But can learn. I learn pretty fast by observing rather than reading.
Worthy Accomplishments: None
Currently important objective in life: lose 25 lbs

Offline fossil

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #866 on: June 15, 2013, 02:30:38 AM »
Hi!

I am Thorsten, I live in Northern Germany in the 1050 years old town Lüneburg, I myself am a bit younger than that with 58 years. I am a product engineer and develop fire detection systems and control systems for fire fighting systems for maritime use in a small company in my town.

I rode bikes from time to time, especially the Norton Commando 750 and the Yamaha SR 500 from friends were bikes of a sort I really appreciate. So I looked for something classic and new at the same time. There are of course 6 bikes: the Kawasaki W 800, the Triumph Bonneville/Thruxton, the Honda CB 1100, the Royal Enfield, the Harley Sportster, and of course, the Moto Guzzi V7 Stone. Of those the first 3 are Retro Bikes, they look like old one, but are brand new constructions. They even sound like modern bikes! The other 3 are old constructions, of course modernised with fuel injection and so on, which I appreciate. The Enfield has a chain drive- no go!

Remain the Harley and the Guzzi. Both bikes look stunning (the sportster is still available as Roadster in Germany). Both are real classic bikes. Both cost the same. And I like both for many years now!

Albeit- I am not able to sit comfortably on the small Harley. Remains the Guzzi. The V7 Classic had nearly all I like with the exception of the plastic tank, the look of the small block cylinders, and the paint work. So- problem.

And then the Stone arrived! It has the pure black/white look I like, metal tank, enhanced torque, nice looking smooth round cylinders---- I ordered it. In white. With luggage rail, rubber tank pads and the small original windshield. It looks marvellous! The LaFranconis sound phantastic (not too loud, but distinctive)! And it rides- great! Like an old english bike with modern suspension and brakes. It is a 40 year old dream come true.

I hopefully will drive this nice little bike many years from now on. Driving my not-to-bad car at once is no fun at all. Driving the bike lets me feel young and alive. Thank you Moto Guzzi!
« Last Edit: June 15, 2013, 02:33:52 AM by fossil »
Greetings from Germany!
Thorsten

Offline Lannis

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #867 on: June 15, 2013, 07:12:14 PM »
Thorsten -

That's a great description of the path you took that led to Moto Guzzi.   Many of us had similar experiences, maybe with different bikes being considered, but getting to the same place.

Same age as me -  I know how that feels!

Ride safe.

Lannis

Offline C5Performance

• New Egg
    • C5 Performance Inc
« Reply #868 on: June 16, 2013, 09:39:00 AM »
Name: Paul Crowe

Occupation: recently quit 25 yr career at motorcycle dealer and started C5 Performance Inc. We dedign and sell optically triggered multi spark ignitions for vintage cars and motorcycles.

Lives: Appleton, Wisconsin, USA

Passions: Family, Motorcycles, Classic cars/trucks, firearms, self sufficiency.

Offline bkonken1

• New Egg
« Reply #869 on: June 17, 2013, 09:16:40 PM »
Brian Onken
45 years old
Mechanical Engineer
Hobbies:  Bicycling, Hiking, Motorcycles
Gilbert, AZ (Just outside of Phoenix)

Current Guzzis:
1976 850 T3
2008 Norge

Quad Lock - The best GPS / phone mount system for your motorcycles, no damage to your cameras!!
Get a Wildguzzi discount of 10% off your order!
http://quadlock.refr.cc/luapmckeever
Advertise Here