General Category > Bike Builds, Rebuilds And Restorations Only

75 850T Puzzle of parts! Need photo help

(1/3) > >>

denisj:
Hi All!
Just scored me a 75 850T

It's a complete basket ..the kind where it seems the previous owner was more curious than he shoulda been as he was trying to only paint the frame.

I am truly at the point of guessing. I've got all the books including Guzziology and I am searching the net including here and This old Tractor looking for where the parts go. I'm striking out.
I've stumbled my way to some mountings but they really don't fit right. Here is where I am at:

-Harness routing..left or right side of backbone? Threading through where?
-Fuse box...does the bulk of the wiring exit out of top side? There is a pic on the service manual of the V7sport that shows the bulk of wires exiting the top side of the box and the few wires on the opposite side pointing to the battery tray
- Regulator/diode board and relay..they are very close together and nearest the horn. I can see where the diode board mounts, but the bracket is not the same width as the tabs on the frame. Maybe it's bent? Looks straight. The relay adjacent to the board is translucent and I believe it's the starter relay. The horn wiring is right there too and it lines up well.

This is a tough one. I spend my days on Bimmers, Brits and Japanese bikes. Routing and locations are so prevalent, but not this Guzzi It's a new challenge for me! I'm eager to assemble it, check for the missing parts then perform the

refurb it needs.

monitor size check

Canuck750:
Try here, I think the T is similar to the T3 / S3 for the diode board mounts

https://wildguzzi.com/forum/index.php?topic=75654.0

Or here for the 750S / V7 Sport

https://wildguzzi.com/forum/index.php?topic=81304.30

Antietam Classic Cycle:

--- Quote from: denisj on September 29, 2022, 12:08:51 AM ----Harness routing..left or right side of backbone? Threading through where?
-Fuse box...does the bulk of the wiring exit out of top side? There is a pic on the service manual of the V7sport that shows the bulk of wires exiting the top side of the box and the few wires on the opposite side pointing to the battery tray
- Regulator/diode board and relay..they are very close together and nearest the horn. I can see where the diode board mounts, but the bracket is not the same width as the tabs on the frame. Maybe it's bent? Looks straight. The relay adjacent to the board is translucent and I believe it's the starter relay. The horn wiring is right there too and it lines up well.

--- End quote ---

This may help with harness installation: https://www.thisoldtractor.com/moto_guzzi_tonti_wiring_harness_install.html

There are rubber washers that go between the diode board bracket and frame tabs - that should fill the space you're seeing. There's a wire to ground the diode board to the frame due to this rubber mounting.

That translucent relay is likely the headlight flash relay. Horn wires connect there too, but just as a connection point, the relay doesn't operate the horns. It's not a bad idea to add a relay for the horns and also one for the ignition circuit. The starter relay was originally mounted to a metal bracket near the starter, bolts to the transmission at the neutral switch, a rubber cover goes over the relay and bracket.

denisj:
Thank you, seems very helpful. This bike has no provisions for the electrics on the side..behind the toolbox.

I'm still a bit stumped on the relays. There are 2 translucent relays..one near the battery area and one nearest the steering neck.

denisj:

--- Quote from: Antietam Classic Cycle on September 29, 2022, 08:52:29 AM ---This may help with harness installation: https://www.thisoldtractor.com/moto_guzzi_tonti_wiring_harness_install.html

--- End quote ---

Thank you...I've read every word. Very helpful, but I'm stuck at the few holes in the information. I'd really like it to be original in it's setup.

I'm starting to see that maybe the 850T is unique in is organization.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version