Author Topic: Carb insulator  (Read 2168 times)

czakky82

Carb insulator
« on: December 19, 2018, 08:10:50 PM »
I’m a bit confused on the carb insulators on my 77’ t3. The PO said something about twisting the carb off the manifold and wrecking the little insulator/plastic tube (very reasonable mistake) by twisting the carb off.
Honestly I can’t see or feel any damage, although I haven’t had the bike running yet to verify lean condition. I can see that the carb and insulator could slide up a bit (1/4”) on the manifold before hitting the step. I can’t budge it using reasonable force and no tools obviously with the clamps loose.
I can’t find a replacement part for the insulator? Do I need one?

Thanks for any input.

Online Antietam Classic Cycle

• Gaggle Hero
  • Happily stuck in the past.
    • Antietam Classic Cycle
Re: Carb insulator
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2018, 08:20:23 PM »
There are no new insulators of that size (37 mm i.d. x 40 mm o.d.), so don't damage it. Last ones I needed, I machined out of Delrin.
Charlie

canuck750

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2018, 08:38:34 PM »
These ones from Euro Carb may fit the VHB 29 / 30, check your manifold dimensions,

I bought a pair for my Benelli 650 Delorto carbs but the VHB 29's on the Benelli are not identical to the Guzzi model

7453 Dellorto Manifold sleeve (VHB(T) 27-30mm) 35mm Internal diameter

https://www.dellorto.co.uk/shop/dellorto-motorcycle-carburettors-parts/dellorto-vintage-carburettors-and-parts/vhb-vhbz-vhbt-parts/manifold-sleeve-vhbt-27-30mm/

czakky82

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2018, 08:44:44 PM »
Thanks guys. Hopefully she’s still sealing and we’re all good.
It seems you can find most parts for these bikes it’s funny this one isn’t re-popped.

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2018, 08:44:44 PM »

Online Antietam Classic Cycle

• Gaggle Hero
  • Happily stuck in the past.
    • Antietam Classic Cycle
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2018, 09:01:21 PM »
These ones from Euro Carb may fit the VHB 29 / 30, check your manifold dimensions,

I bought a pair for my Benelli 650 Delorto carbs but the VHB 29's on the Benelli are not identical to the Guzzi model

7453 Dellorto Manifold sleeve (VHB(T) 27-30mm) 35mm Internal diameter

https://www.dellorto.co.uk/shop/dellorto-motorcycle-carburettors-parts/dellorto-vintage-carburettors-and-parts/vhb-vhbz-vhbt-parts/manifold-sleeve-vhbt-27-30mm/

The sleeves are a different size: 35 mm i.d. x 40 mm o.d. for the VHB29 vs. 37 mm i.d. x 40 mm o.d. for the VHB30. In other words, the stub of the Guzzi manifolds for the 29s is 35 mm o.d. and for the 30s is 37 mm o.d.
Charlie

20 Ounce Stainless Steel Double Insulated Tumbler
Buy a quality tumbler and support the forum at the same time!
Better than a YETI! BPA and Lead free.
Advertise Here