Author Topic: Red headed stepchild  (Read 2493 times)

Offline Brand X

• Gosling
Re: Red headed stepchild
« Reply #30 on: October 17, 2021, 05:10:58 PM »
I found mostly the same, though the trans and rear dif oils were dirtier than I would have liked. Seems the Griso and 1200S as well as the Norge were almost new when drained.  Make sure you clean out the filter in the transmission oil and don't overfill the rear diff.

I've had the covers off 4X now, and no issues with the original gasket so far, but I schmear a super thin coat of Curil T before re-assembly.  I've also run the valves at .10 /.15 and .15/.20 mm, and prefer the sound and performance of the .10/.15. Also makes it easier to remember because that is the same as I run the Griso and 1200 S.

Need to lift the rear tire and put in 6th gear to spin the motor to get to TDC. Easy to do with the plugs out.

All done. Looks like the rear end had some moly from the factory Tiny bit loose on the valve lash is where set it..The trans filter is cleared.

Owning a couple of big block guzzi's preps you pretty well for these simple things.. Fuel filter is next, and same plastic fitting as the Breva. Snapped that one off first time.. I have a retro aluminum if that happens again..   

Offline photorich65

• New Egg
« Reply #31 on: October 18, 2021, 01:43:06 PM »
Awesome to see a string about a Stornello.  Pretty lonely out there in a world of Triumph scramblers ! 

Offline Brand X

• Gosling
« Reply #32 on: October 18, 2021, 04:18:30 PM »
Awesome to see a string about a Stornello.  Pretty lonely out there in a world of Triumph scramblers ! 

Bought my 1100 Breva close to Kirkland  . Stayed at my friends house their.. Lot of nice Guzzi's in Seattle :cool:

Offline Brand X

• Gosling
« Reply #33 on: October 19, 2021, 10:34:19 PM »
More pics of the Luggage. The C-bow bags look big in the pics but the Roysters are quite small.. The Tank bag is a prefect fit too..

Cleaned the forks out, and mixed up a bit of Maxima fork oil.. Really helped, so I went ahead, and ordered some Ikon rear shocks..
I also have some Conti attack 3 coming this week. Should smooth out the ride even more over the stock tires..

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #33 on: October 19, 2021, 10:34:19 PM »

Offline Bulldog9

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #34 on: October 20, 2021, 08:42:18 PM »
Looks great! RA3's are reported to be fantastic on the V7. I've heard nothing but good about them.
MGNOC#23231
The Living: 1976 Convert, 2004 Breva 750, 2007 GRiSO, 2008 1200 Sport, 2016 Stornello #742,
The Departed: 2017 MGX, 2014 Norge GT, 
In Stasis: 1978 XS750, XS1100SF

Offline Brand X

• Gosling
« Reply #35 on: October 20, 2021, 09:57:26 PM »
Thanks for the nice comments..

The C-box mounts allow me to make the luggage a bit more versatile. Same with the Givi Tanklock system I am not going to change the XS319 3L any time soon. It fits in the Royster bag real well for carrying in places..   Main thing the C-bow mounts allow, is to change the side bag to a Pelican clone style The extra bag mount came with the last order. was about $60 for that, and a $50 clone box (on-sale) changes up things in carrying different things.. Should be about done, Unless the ft end needs more work to suit me.. Just going to try the tires, and rear shocks first.This bike has responded Pretty much like I thought it would to upgrades. Of course could be shooting myself in the foot right now.. :grin:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07RYHL69R/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.motomachines.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=c-bow%20plastic%20mold%20mount
« Last Edit: October 20, 2021, 10:07:45 PM by Brand X »

Offline Brand X

• Gosling
« Reply #36 on: October 23, 2021, 08:34:25 AM »
Tires are mounted ,and the pelican style case showed up.. It's my default luggage option, but with manyy different combinations available.The side C-bow mount allows for that.. I even used a side bag for a tail bag, and it a good way to go too..

« Last Edit: October 23, 2021, 10:51:10 AM by Brand X »

Quad Lock - The best GPS / phone mount system for your motorcycles, no damage to your cameras!!
Get a Wildguzzi discount of 10% off your order!
http://quadlock.refr.cc/luapmckeever
Advertise Here