Author Topic: V100 Footpeg Lowering Kit  (Read 696 times)

Offline Fitzig23

• New Egg
V100 Footpeg Lowering Kit
« on: February 27, 2024, 05:06:43 PM »
I received my lowering kit today and if anyone's interested I will post the final install result and opinion in next few days.

A very solid quality kit from Germany. The V100 from factory reminds me of every Alfa I've ever owned or sat in. It would appear the Italians anticipate everyone in the world having long arms and short legs and my knees get uncomfortably sore after every 1hr of riding. It also looks like the Stelvio has same footpeg mounts and height.

Has anyone also installed this kit? - let me know pls

Offline Fitzig23

• New Egg
Re: V100 Footpeg Lowering Kit
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2024, 11:29:52 PM »
Had some time today so done sooner than expected

it's only 40mm drop but already can feel the different in knee bend angle.

Online John A

• Gaggle Hero
  • No way to slow down...
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2024, 12:56:45 AM »
After a while, you’ll be dragging those! :evil:
John
MGNOC L-471
It is easier to fool people than it is to convince them that they have been fooled-Mark Twain
99 Bassa, sidecar
02 Stone
84 V65C
15 F3S Spyder

Offline Rower30

• New Egg
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2024, 09:15:30 PM »
I would love to hear your feedback on them. Too much motocross and my body likes some room at 66. I also have a V100s and I'd say I'm good for maybe 3 hours and then I have to stand on the pegs every 15 minutes to get some blood going. Dragging pegs isn't in my general list of things to do too often. I've looked at the same kit. A taller seat could sort of give more room but at the expense of handling and stopping ease. The bike sits about right as is, more gets kind of tippy high.

I added 1.5" up and back ROX bar risres already (my back) and those work swell for comfort. I used the V100S top clamp as it look cool over the ROX top clamp. I can add that "comfort" item to the list.

Also use a GIVI touring fairing and it is GREAT "down" as it is higher than the stock is "up" and tosses bugs over my face shield. But, I do like the feel of the half fairing over barn door type (R100RT) as you feel so much more involved in the ride and the wind isn't near the abstraction thought it would be. It actually feels good.

Let us all know and we demand you ride your bike 750 miles non stop and report back right away!
« Last Edit: February 28, 2024, 09:17:28 PM by Rower30 »
'74 Kawasaki F11 250 Enduro (made one out of two for $300.00)
'74 MAICO 450 4 speed GP bike
'77 Yamaha RD400
'78 Suzuki DR370 thumper
'78 MAICO 250 motocrosser
'79 MAICO 250 motocrosser
'79 HOND CB750F
'81Yamaha IT175
'83 MAICO 250 motocrosser
'92 KTM 250DXC
'92 BMW R100RT
'23 MGuzzi V100S Mandello

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2024, 09:15:30 PM »

Offline Fitzig23

• New Egg
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2024, 06:27:28 PM »
First chance to go for decent ride today and can report a resounding YES it was worth the upgrade.

40mm doesn't sound like much (tell my wife that), but the difference is noticeable.       

Online Ncdan

• Global Moderator
  • Gaggle Hero
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2024, 06:54:28 AM »
First chance to go for decent ride today and can report a resounding YES it was worth the upgrade.

40mm doesn't sound like much (tell my wife that), but the difference is noticeable.       

I totally understand. It would be great if someone offered the kit for the EV models. For me personally, there is no comfort for any distance while riding with my knees jacked up. This always puts pressure on my lower back.
Congratulations!!

Offline Trialsman

• Gosling
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2024, 08:13:44 AM »
Every bike I have owned in the last 20yrs I have lowered the pegs.  Both in the woods and on the road, it makes such a comfort upgrade.  Another reason I do it is to ease the transition from sitting to standing.  This was the first thing I did on my new Stelvio.  I did .75" while my normal range is from 1.0" to 1.5".  I have done it on Altas, KTMs, BMWs, Hondas, Husabergs, as well as many Guzzis.
2010 FE570 Husaberg
2019 Alta Redshift EXR
2019 Alta Redshift EXR - clone
2021 Moto Guzzi V85TT Centenario
2024 Stelvio V100

Online Tkelly

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2024, 08:52:35 AM »
Dan,on my California and EV I had seats that were built up to a flat level,made a big difference.I used to wear a back support before I got the flat seats.I think Guzzi built those bucket seats to attract shorter customers,much like the big Harleys.

Online Ncdan

• Global Moderator
  • Gaggle Hero
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2024, 11:06:19 AM »
Dan,on my California and EV I had seats that were built up to a flat level,made a big difference.I used to wear a back support before I got the flat seats.I think Guzzi built those bucket seats to attract shorter customers,much like the big Harleys.
I had a Calvin that the PO had the seat rebuilt which added 1.5- 2” higher. It put me on the balls of my feet due to my 28” inseam, which I require being flat foot with knees at least slightly bent. This is required to be able to push the bike backward on a grade.
Besides the seat looked hideous at worse and uncomely at best with the raised flat seat.

Offline Clifton

• No car is as fun to drive as any motorcycle is to ride.
  • Gosling
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2024, 11:47:52 AM »
Every bike I have owned in the last 20yrs I have lowered the pegs..... This was the first thing I did on my new Stelvio.  I did .75" while my normal range is from 1.0" to 1.5".

I'd like to lower the pegs about 3/4" on mine, how did you accomplish that on your Stelvio?
24 Stelvio
21 V85TT
22 Goldwing
20 XT250
14 CB1100
93 R100R

Offline Trialsman

• Gosling
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2024, 05:46:08 PM »
I started with a pair of SW Motech pegs which have been on an F800GSA, a Stelvio NTX, and a V85TT.  In each case I machined the block that attached to the frame and then an insert to hold the spring in the proper position.  Here are some pictures on the new bike but not separated.

2010 FE570 Husaberg
2019 Alta Redshift EXR
2019 Alta Redshift EXR - clone
2021 Moto Guzzi V85TT Centenario
2024 Stelvio V100

Offline Fitzig23

• New Egg
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2024, 07:20:05 PM »
Received my Arrow end can yesterday and installed without too much issue. Some small adjustments required. There was much expectation on the sound of this changing from the OEM but to be honest there is not much of a difference, maybe small amount of low bass frequency but it would be hard to pick back to back.

Although the OEM can looks very well suited to the lines of the bike I still prefer to the Arrow size and shape compared to Agostini and Mistral (just my humble opinion). I'm thinking now that to change the engine note substantially will require swapping out the complete CAT and headers - of which Arrow do make a kit but will schedule that into a future budget. For anyone after purely a sound change the OEM can is hard to beat. They nailed the acoustic performance as good as they could get.

FYI - I reached out to Akrapovic a few weeks back and they graciously replied that currently they have no plans to make a muffler or system for the V100.

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
Best quality vinyl available today. Easy application.
Advertise Here

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
Best quality vinyl available today. Easy application.
Advertise Here