Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
General Discussion / Re: Bought it
« Last post by Trevor G on Today at 02:43:07 PM »
I was talking to Peter Roper today and he said you can contact him on
motomoda.roper@gmail.com
He’ll sort your issue.

Done!

Thank you so much.  :-)  They (Norge era bikes) now look a bit like orphans.

I also did not realise that I would be getting back into frequent servicing, but the thing rides so well...
General Discussion / Re: Norge oil sensor connection controversy
« Last post by brider on Today at 02:22:33 PM »
How did you unscrew them? MG Cycle tool?  Filed down a socket?

Bought the MG tool. They were not frozen and turned out without any drama.

But back to the RToD: Upon turning the key on and the christmas-tree going thru it's routine, It settled down to the smaller red triangle on the top row (next to the friendly green neutral light) and the big red SERVICE! triangle below. This was after I changed the sensor. THEN, I went into the diagnostic menu, entered the 25XXX code and cleared out all stored codes, backed out, shut the key off, turned it on, and the big angry red SERVICE! triangle is gone, but the red one on top is still there. It's been so long since I actually rode this bike I don't remember; does the red one on top go out once the engine starts (can't do that yet until I put the sump back on)?
General Discussion / Re: Price Check: 2008 Nevada 17,600 miles
« Last post by AJ Huff on Today at 02:19:39 PM »
Has paint damage on the tank, so maybe you can knock another $500 off. That would get you to 3800 miles for $3500.

https://www.facebook.com/share/ADv5b7hvJ7tMceWJ/?mibextid=kL3p88

-AJ
General Discussion / Re: Norge oil sensor connection controversy
« Last post by Pescatore on Today at 02:13:31 PM »
Update:

.....I also pulled the inner plugs to look at them and apply anti-seize to the threads.
How did you unscrew them? MG Cycle tool?  Filed down a socket?
General Discussion / Re: Ride or Clean, that is the question
« Last post by tris on Today at 01:29:16 PM »
That's exactly what has been happening this season so far though I haven't done the white/grey spattering everywhere before.

Still it's due to rain tomorrow so cleaning him will keep me out of mischief
General Discussion / Re: Ride or Clean, that is the question
« Last post by inditx on Today at 01:23:39 PM »
Ride, clean, repeat.....
inditx
Hi Patrick. I'm looking for a cover for over my seat, not a cover for the whole motorcycle.
General Discussion / Re: Creamy oil in airbox
« Last post by Error on Today at 01:03:45 PM »
The V7 Mk2 uses the top frame tube as a breather box and a lot of mayo can build up in it especially in cold  weather . I would disconnect the rocker cover tubes , the tube to the airbox and the drain back to the sump . Blow compressed air  through the open tubes and frame tube . Ensure the lines are disconnected to engine and sump as you do not want all the rusty mayo crap being blown back  into the engine.
To get mayo in the airbox means that you may have a blockage in the sump return drain line . This  has a non return valve in it make sure it's functioning correctly and the line is clear.
I installed an oil/air separator in the sump return line just above the starter. In winter I probably drain a table spoon of water out of it a week . Doing 40 km  commute air cooled engines just don't get warm enough to boil it off in winter conditions. Since fitting separator seems to have stopped the mayo build up .Hope this helps

Yes this helps and is a good idea. This also comes back a bit to me not having looked into how the return system works on the bike. Do you mind if I shoot you a message if I have a question? Do you happen to have any pictures of your separator setup?

Thanks!
General Discussion / Re: Rain cover for over my Cal III FF seat?
« Last post by pehayes on Today at 12:55:25 PM »
Do you want cheap or do you want durable?  Mutually exclusive.
Out here in the west, baking sun and heat seem more important than rain or snow.
I always have to store something outside.  I buy a thin silver cover from Amazon.  Reflects sun and keeps the bike components cool and resists the sun itself.  Usually good for two years.

https://www.amazon.com/Favoto-Motorcycle-Waterproof-Reflective-Motorbikes/dp/B07VC43WST/ref=sr_1_15_sspa?crid=1350JR5BMOQ66&dib=eyJ2IjoiMSJ9.zhwWxQaqXcU0BGtEaJqgHfy6xcuT6OxR_EjbslT9mmG9fQ7-w_qaIDgSLrhI6uYQW-V_mW851e4d1zLoAv7QRW8NRkpAvc5P-K2hn3qBpcDfZpNVfoIMZvUJOdehMabqJceV0owqCIqlDmA1cK2FJVXr6mGNxvv3OFru4FQA-rRHm-tzKeeHVAehuOxzoqPTq3R-rb8vEq3ZoX5jZR4zNiJu4vwMTzpiJt1bKiHGz0_VVJ052ft0GJX-o4KTjZEB-eH_ZvN6zHPoBk1_-g8NA_BK5-kyrr_2rtDB9CS2rfY.zieJcXDFnopqkiON8ePMKDASgQ5Y3kD3AbDXYGum14o&dib_tag=se&keywords=favoto%2Bcover&qid=1714240173&s=automotive&sprefix=favoto%2Bcover%2Cautomotive%2C180&sr=1-15-spons&sp_csd=d2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9tdGY&th=1

For longer durability I use SealSkin covers.  Lined by a soft material to protect paint.  I stored Tasmanian bikes for several years and then they took the covers home with them.  Bit of a nuisance to deal with the company.  Frequent spamming mail messages.

https://pre.sealskincovers.com/pages/motorcycle-covers

Patrick Hayes
Fremont CA
General Discussion / Re: It's possible I have a problem.......
« Last post by Perazzimx14 on Today at 11:37:29 AM »
14 days and 1 mile later its onto its next steward. I did manage to media blast and repaint the crash bars while under my care this time. Looked much better,

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Quad Lock - The best GPS / phone mount system for your motorcycles, no damage to your cameras!!
Get a Wildguzzi discount of 10% off your order!
http://quadlock.refr.cc/luapmckeever
Advertise Here