Author Topic: This subject must continue. UFO related  (Read 2495 times)

Online Ncdan

• Global Moderator
  • Guzzi Hero
This subject must continue. UFO related
« on: June 06, 2021, 06:13:49 AM »

cough emojis

I really donít want want to bring grief to our great moderators however after reading this report on the national news I came the this conclusion.
There are things going on that cannot be explained away by any ďexplanation of reasonable scienceĒ as many want to insist, including myself at one point. Itís should be obvious by now due to all the creditable people from every aspect of our nationís leadership from the military to the halls of congress all the way to the sitting presidents of both parties, that for national security reasons, answers must be answered and scientific explanations are starting to be demanded by the entire world.
I for one would like to hear what ďwe the forum membersĒ have to say as I feel the later post was prematurely ended before everyoneís voice was heard in its entirety.
Letís all keep our emotions, frustrations and tempers at bay and see where it goes.
Remember, the moderators have a job to do and have proven their ability to keep us from straying to far from the rules, letís show them the upmost respect.
I will not be offended if this gets nuked from the get go but this report from one of our nationís leaders this morning pushed me over the edge.
Letís do this.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2021, 08:21:21 AM by Ncdan »

Online SIR REAL ED

• Guzzi Hero
  • uh.... it's personal....
Re: This subject must to continue. UFO related
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2021, 07:22:07 AM »

cough emojis

I really donít want want to bring grief to our great moderators however after reading this report on the national news I came the this conclusion.
There are things going on that cannot be explained away by any ďexplanation of reasonable scienceĒ as many want to insist, including myself at one point. Itís should be obvious by now due to all the creditable people from every aspect of our nationís leadership from the military to the halls of congress all the way to the sitting presidents of both parties, that for national security reasons, answers must be answered and scientific explanations are starting to be demanded by the entire world.
I for one would like to hear what ďwe the forum membersĒ have to say as I feel the later post was prematurely ended before everyoneís voice was heard in its entirety.
Letís all keep our emotions, frustrations and tempers at bay and see where it goes.
Remember, the moderators have a job to do and have proven their ability to keep us from straying to far from the rules, letís show them the upmost respect.
I will not be offended if this gets nuked from the get go but this report from one of our nationís leaders this morning pushed me over the edge.
Letís do this.

Amen.  An endlessly fascinating subject IMSMO, one that everyone should be able to enjoy, if they can keep their emotions in check!

Especially if we all keep in mind that aliens/UFO's/UAP's are like inkblots.  Mine are the best!

A friend has the following sign at the entrance to his dojo "Check your egos at the door!"

ASAP I'll get a couple links a friend recommended posted.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2021, 07:41:07 AM by SIR REAL ED »
"There's two kinds of people in the world; those for whom no explanation is necessary, and those for whom no explanation is possible."

2016 KTM Duke 690
2019 Beta EVO 250
1982 Yamaha Seca 650
1999 Suzuki DR 650 w/790cc kit
1986 Honda XL600R

Online tazio

• Guzzi Hero
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2021, 08:10:09 AM »
In homage, I will ride the GRISO this afternoon, darting here and there, the public getting brief glimpses during a fly-by ..as I believe WE, as riders, are the aliens of the motorcycling world .
-and our Moto-Guzzi's? the UFO's of course. :thumb:
Do they still exist? Did they ever? My friend had an uncle, I think, said he saw one back in the '70's..
What are they and what can they possibly want? Never seen where they come from, and I hear getting parts can take light years..
2015 Moto-Guzzi GRiSO
2006 Harley-Davidson Street Glide
1982 Honda CB900c
1972 Aermacchi Harley-Davidson 350 Sprint
1967 Kawasaki 650 W2TT
1966 Triumph Bonneville

Online Bulldog9

• Guzzi Hero
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2021, 08:21:44 AM »
Glad it is back, and please, let's have some fun with it.....

IMNSHO, When Bigfoot Steps off a Flying Saucer in full view of the National Media and links Arms with whatever National/International Leader at that time, he will have a bunch of Cicadas perched as pets on his shoulders. I mean, it has to be, because the sound those things make are almost identical to a sustained Phaser Blast from the Starship Enterprise......... ..  :drool:

All kidding aside, no one knows, but as science shows weekly, there is more we do not know, or are wrong in our assumptions than we know. Even settled science gets turned on it's ear by measurable fact. Until then, we need to remain open minded and humble.
The Living: 1976 Convert, 2007 GRiSO, 2016 Stornello #742, 2008 1200 Sport
The Departed: 2017 MGX, 2014 Norge GT,  In Stasis: 1978 XS750, XS1100SF (134K miles and going)

Wildgoose Chase Moto Guzzi

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2021, 08:21:44 AM »

Online Chuck in Indiana

• Guzzi Hero
Re: This subject must continue. UFO related
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2021, 08:29:07 AM »
I think it is interesting that pre 2001, I saw a small sphere while flying Mouser. I'd never heard of such a "UFO" then, but I see on the news that Navy ships have seen the same type of object.
Chuck in (Elwood) Indiana/sometimes SoCal

02 Scura RC
87 AeroLario
95 Skorpion tour

I think senility is going to be a fairly smooth transition for me..

Offline Vagrant

• Guzzi Hero
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2021, 08:35:38 AM »
The ant crossing highway 60 North bound out of Suches Ga says to the snapping turtle doing the same, Damm! Did you see that blue UFO fly by? Turtle says, "I'm sure it said V7III on the side"!
HE IS FREE WHO LIVES AS HE CHOOSES
2001 EV, 2017 V7-III Blue special, 2020 V85 the fast red one!
L-196, L-197

Offline willowstreetguzziguy

• Guzzi Hero
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2021, 08:45:48 AM »
This might be like the           child

who thought they were an only child
and the the center of the universe

only to find out theyíre  not!
2008 Guzzi 1200 Sport 
1993 BMW K75S Pearl White (sold)
"Going somewhere isn't why you ride, riding is why you go!"    Moto Guzzi... because the only person I have to impress is me.

Offline cliffrod

• Guzzi Hero
  • AC Button II
    • Carolina Sculpture Studio
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2021, 08:50:09 AM »
My Unlce Norman was the oddball and somewhat crazy uncle of my world.  But he was well educated and was a veteran who participated in the Berlin Airlift. After retiring to NM, He spent 20 yrs volunteering at the UFO Museum in Roswell.  He was absolutely convinced that something actually happened in Roswell in 1947.  He had no clear, definitive explanation or proof beyond the immediate and glaring void in records deliberately created by the US Govt around all things related to that reported event.  If nothing happened, nothing like that would need to subsequently happen.   

I have no proof, but find the Roswell book by Randle equally compelling.  There is nothing sensational or irrational in that book.  After spending several years protesting the outsourcing of the MLK National Memorial, extensive investigation and research of the involved players, cover-up at all levels, resulting 9 month DOI-OIG federal investigation & 18 months of FoIA requests and much more, the Randle book presents a very plausible case.   When the govt and people in charge say "there's nothing to see here- move along..", there's a reason they don't want you to see or know what they're doing & that means they're doing something of significance.

It's more rational imho that there is some element of ET origins or time travel allowing visits from future humans than to think a contemporary earthly peer can do such things and maintain absolute secrecy for so many decades.  Such perfect secrecy by numerous humans working together is much harder for me to believe.

Next...
1973 V7 Sport  "Now THAT'S a motorcycle!"-  Master Sculptor Giuliano Cecchinelli
1967 V700 Corsa Record
1964 Ducati 250
eccetera, eccetera...

http://carolinasculpturestudio.com/
Carolina Sculpture Studio Channel on YouTube-
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzSYaYdis55gE-vqifzjA6A

Online SIR REAL ED

• Guzzi Hero
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2021, 08:53:55 AM »
This might be like the           child

who thought they were an only child
and the the center of the universe

only to find out theyíre  not!

amen.  the other analogy is the snail I was talking to the other day "knows" it is impossible for me or anyone to travel at 60 mph!!!!!

The observer uses the word "unidentified" while not non-observer is certain of what they did not see.

Hmmmmm...... the basis for disagreement is.... what exactly?
« Last Edit: June 07, 2021, 04:53:22 AM by SIR REAL ED »
"There's two kinds of people in the world; those for whom no explanation is necessary, and those for whom no explanation is possible."

2016 KTM Duke 690
2019 Beta EVO 250
1982 Yamaha Seca 650
1986 Honda XL600R

oldbike54

« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2021, 09:23:00 AM »
 The report makes no revelations fellas , sorry . Please read what it actually says , and understand that we will need to adhere to what it does say and not what we might want it to say . Any photographer can blow holes in the supposed proof . Thanks

Dusty

Online LowRyter

• Guzzi Hero
« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2021, 10:23:11 AM »
photographers can blow holes in what?

I think Dusty's throwing the nuclear football around. 

over and out
John L 
When life gets you down remember it's one down and the rest are up.  (1-N-23456)

Online Ncdan

• Global Moderator
  • Guzzi Hero
« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2021, 10:41:10 AM »
Ok guys, letís ALL remember one thing, so we can continue this conversation in peace and harmony. Just because we disagree with anotherís take does not mean we have to respond negativity, just let them have their say and opinion without a counter punch.
I really enjoyed the last thread on this subject and I believe a lot of us did. This is the campfire discussion that we are encouraged to have.
At any point this gets out of hand a moderator wonít have to end it, as I will willing on my own.
Continue please.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2021, 10:43:54 AM by Ncdan »

Offline wavedog

• Guzzi Mentor
« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2021, 10:52:36 AM »

Two things : 1) as we know, UFO's are not necessarily extra terrestrial in origin.

2) most important- Truth does not come from authority.

oldbike54

« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2021, 11:06:40 AM »
 You boys have at it , I no longer care .

Dusty

Online SIR REAL ED

• Guzzi Hero
« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2021, 11:13:30 AM »

Two things : 1) as we know, UFO's are not necessarily extra terrestrial in origin.

2) most important- Truth does not come from authority.
Ttrue on both counts.  The same govt agencies that are now talking about UFO's admit they have been denying their awareness of the same for 70 years.  Should one believe what they said for the last few decades, or what they are saying today?

Like some parents used to say to their child they caught lying. "You claim you are not lying now, but, since I know that you have lied to me in the past, why should I believe you now?"

It would be interesting to know if snails are cognizant of the existence of butterflies.

Fascinating subject on it's own merits, doubly fascinating when we each add our preferred perspective with which we are comfortable.

:grin:
« Last Edit: June 06, 2021, 11:15:04 AM by SIR REAL ED »

2016 KTM Duke 690
2019 Beta EVO 250
1982 Yamaha Seca 650
1986 Honda XL600R

Online bad Chad

• Guzzi Hero
« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2021, 12:06:10 PM »
I never even looked at the original UFO thread, this new thread if confirmation I made the right choice.
2007 Breva 1100  Red Arrow (and faster than yours!)
2016 CSC 250TT Zongshen
2017 V9 Roamer

Online Ncdan

• Global Moderator
  • Guzzi Hero
« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2021, 04:55:55 PM »
I never even looked at the original UFO thread, this new thread if confirmation I made the right choice.
Thatís the very reason we all have the option to only click on the threads we think may be of interest to us as individuals. However, in my opinion it was 28 pages of mostly just good ole campfire type conversation. That towards the end the drinks took control 😂
Hang in here for a while and see where it goes, you may enjoy it.

Offline ozarquebus

• Grand Canyon Pack Rat
  • Guzzi Mentor
  • Riding since 1979, 2 years on (under) a Guzzi.
« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2021, 05:01:17 PM »
 Seems like every opinion imaginable has been aired, then repeated at least once in the original forum. Opinions appear to be unmoved in spite of large volume of additional circumstantial, inconclusive, vague and anecdotal evidence. Like the worldwide UFO topic, the argument does not contain that darn smoking gun. Additionally, the conceptual leap from 'confirmed Unidentified Flying Object = proof of alien existence' remains the default for most believers.     

Skeptics continue to use the same rebuttals. It would be nice if the thread went someplace besides in circles. Contributors to the thread float in and out while principal players remain. The realm of absurdity has been officially entered, certainly now, if not at a much earlier point.
 Nevertheless, I must admit I have been receiving some strange transmissions on the 40m ham radio band in the wee hours of the morning. I believe the sound is a homing beacon for alien spacecraft to land in Chile as part of the Friendship Ufololgy movement in Southern Chile. Here is a description of Chilean UFOLOgists' activities which is along the lines of my theory of interdimensional projections caused by collective mental stress, with shades of the MATRIX.
" a long-standing amateur radio relationship, between a radioaficcionado in Santiago, Chile and a station in the Chilean south called "Friendship", became a cornerstone for the Chilean ufology movement and its detractors. One of the ways I will be understanding the "Friendship effect" is by attending to a "performative understanding of technoscientific" (Barad, 2007: 90) practices, especially ones related to the radio and to auditory sensations. I will be exploring Baradīs notion of "diffraction" whereby "subject and object do not preexist as such, but emerge through intra-actions" (2007: 89). We could think of this diffraction, or interference, of radio signals and messages in non-representational ways; ways that do not assume the "object" out there, but reconstruct it, phenomenally, auditively, in the continual moment of occurrence and also in the after-fact, and importantly, collectively. Media images, newspaper coverage, and social media all contribute to these diffractions and to the construction of the "object" in question (in this case the "aliens" assumed to be living in Chiloť, and a strange craft in the sky that made its appearance in Santiago in 1985). I argue that in this case, media and technologies intermingle with the sensory and affective dispositions of users, creating certain atmospheres across ontological thresholds; more importantly, they exhibit a vitality that overruns their material properties and enmeshes with the ontological specifics of the lives of their users, participating directly in the generation of a so-called "reality".
 Here is some additional proof of alien existence:
https://www.sacbee.com/news/nation-world/national/article125650839.html
« Last Edit: June 06, 2021, 05:11:16 PM by ozarquebus »
John
1000SPII (on the road)
V1000 G5 (rideable)
2 Dead Converts ((looking for a third)

Online John A

• Guzzi Hero
  • No way to slow down...
« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2021, 05:14:46 PM »
Lockheed Martin skunkworks made some of them.
John
MGNOC L-471
It is easier to fool people than it is to convince them that they have been fooled-Mark Twain

Online Huzo

• Guzzi Hero
« Reply #19 on: June 06, 2021, 05:21:13 PM »
Ttrue on both counts.  The same govt agencies that are now talking about UFO's admit they have been denying their awareness of the same for 70 years.  Should one believe what they said for the last few decades, or what they are saying today?

Like some parents used to say to their child they caught lying. "You claim you are not lying now, but, since I know that you have lied to me in the past, why should I believe you now?"
Why ?
Because Iíve also told you the truth in the past..
Also.
If an ET arrived here and wanted to ď give us a message...Ē
Wouldnít that same ET just land and...GIVE US A MESSAGE...?
I mean, if he got out and scratched it in the dirt, wouldnít that get our attention ?

Online tazio

• Guzzi Hero
« Reply #20 on: June 06, 2021, 06:05:29 PM »
Lockheed Martin skunkworks made some of them.
Brother, you have no idea.. :cool:
2015 Moto-Guzzi GRiSO
2006 Harley-Davidson Street Glide
1982 Honda CB900c
1972 Aermacchi Harley-Davidson 350 Sprint
1967 Kawasaki 650 W2TT
1966 Triumph Bonneville

Online Kiwi_Roy

• Guzzi Hero
« Reply #21 on: June 06, 2021, 06:15:07 PM »
Seems like every opinion imaginable has been aired, then repeated at least once in the original forum. Opinions appear to be unmoved in spite of large volume of a
I watched the video supposedly taken by the navy pilots when it was shown on TV
All I can say the motions of the unknown object were remarkably like the motions of a fly on a window, going back and forth over the same spot, spinning on the spot etc, why would a flying object do that sort of thing?
72 Eldorado
17 V7iii Special
76 Convert

Moto Guzzi - making electricians out of riders since March 15 1921

Online SIR REAL ED

• Guzzi Hero
« Reply #22 on: June 06, 2021, 07:10:09 PM »
Thatís the very reason we all have the option to only click on the threads we think may be of interest to us as individuals. However, in my opinion it was 28 pages of mostly just good ole campfire type conversation. That towards the end the drinks took control 😂
Hang in here for a while and see where it goes, you may enjoy it.

Well said.  Of all the subjects to take seriously.......

2016 KTM Duke 690
2019 Beta EVO 250
1982 Yamaha Seca 650
1986 Honda XL600R

Online SIR REAL ED

• Guzzi Hero
« Reply #23 on: June 06, 2021, 07:32:22 PM »
Why ?
Because Iíve also told you the truth in the past..
Also.
If an ET arrived here and wanted to ď give us a message...Ē
Wouldnít that same ET just land and...GIVE US A MESSAGE...?
I mean, if he got out and scratched it in the dirt, wouldnít that get our attention ?

That's at least half the fun of this discussion, to me at least.

From my observations, separating the preferred mental gymnastics of the receiver/believer from the event/observation seems near impossible.  Very similar to the "my religion is the true one!"  Our own personal experience colors all.

The "authority" (US Government) that some have taken as gospel their whole lives, has now come out and admitted it was lying since 1950.  For some this will be like finding out their pastor/preist never believed anything they preached their whole lives, and for others it will not affect the credibility of past observations.  Preferential beliefs abound.  We all pick the ones we like and disregard the rest.

Or to put it in personal terms, on your 70th birthday, the woman you have called Mom since birth announces not only is she not your mother, but that she used to be a man!!!  Would any of us care, or would we decide "I'm just gonna keep thinking the way I used to.  Life is good as it is!"

I'm always fascinated by the idea that if the ET's are here that they would be interested in communicating with us and that one of their goals would be to convince us that they exist by offering "proof."

If they exist, and are much more technologically advanced than us, would they even care about what we think?  Could we even perceive them?  I can't remember the last time I tried to convince an insect of my existence.  In my experience, mosquitos don't care what kind of oil I'm running in any of my vehicles.

If they found out some of our motorcycles manufacturers don't put grease in the bearings, would they still EVEN consider us an advanced or intelligent species?

Pass me a another bottle of Malt Duck!

« Last Edit: June 06, 2021, 08:12:33 PM by SIR REAL ED »

2016 KTM Duke 690
2019 Beta EVO 250
1982 Yamaha Seca 650
1986 Honda XL600R

Online Ncdan

• Global Moderator
  • Guzzi Hero
« Reply #24 on: June 06, 2021, 09:29:19 PM »
Iím thinking a little different about this than some here.
I do believe that there is something that has yet to be explained, to we the people, anyhow. I do believe what people are witnessing can be explained by the science that we, mankind, has at our disposal. At this point I donít really believe that itís extra terrestrial from a far away Galaxy. I donít believe it can all be explained away as radar glitches, light shows or frying pans videotaped on a clothes line. I donít believe it can be explained away by religious doctrine or any other form of culture beliefs from the Mayans or the Incas or any other ancient civilization.
I believe is our laws of physics and scientific data.
This being said, the entire world has been talking about this Phenomenon for centuries now with no actual proof of anything.
No wonder conspiracy theories are running rapid. However letís try and keep those at bay during this discussion.

Online SIR REAL ED

• Guzzi Hero
« Reply #25 on: June 07, 2021, 05:02:57 AM »
Iím thinking a little different about this than some here.
I do believe that there is something that has yet to be explained, to we the people, anyhow. I do believe what people are witnessing can be explained by the science that we, mankind, has at our disposal. At this point I donít really believe that itís extra terrestrial from a far away Galaxy. I donít believe it can all be explained away as radar glitches, light shows or frying pans videotaped on a clothes line. I donít believe it can be explained away by religious doctrine or any other form of culture beliefs from the Mayans or the Incas or any other ancient civilization.
I believe is our laws of physics and scientific data.
This being said, the entire world has been talking about this Phenomenon for centuries now with no actual proof of anything.
No wonder conspiracy theories are running rapid. However letís try and keep those at bay during this discussion.

Yep to all of the above.

Anyone who has ever had enough interest in this subject to look into it, has discovered that every possible explanation one can imagine has already been offered.  Now that the internet exists, one can find any aspect of reality imaginable.

It is like the parable of the four blind men touching the elephant multipled by a couple billion.

As the title of your original post said "this subject must continue."  No doubt it will, long after all of us are dead and cold. 

It is like the ultimate oil thread!   :wink:

I appreciate all who play!!!!!!   :grin:

« Last Edit: June 07, 2021, 07:38:24 AM by SIR REAL ED »

2016 KTM Duke 690
2019 Beta EVO 250
1982 Yamaha Seca 650
1986 Honda XL600R

Offline ozarquebus

• Grand Canyon Pack Rat
  • Guzzi Mentor
  • Riding since 1979, 2 years on (under) a Guzzi.
« Reply #26 on: June 07, 2021, 07:35:55 AM »
The proof just keeps rollin' in.

And you may need one of these, just in case.
https://www.amazon.com/ALIEN-GUARDIAN-gremlin-harley-motorcycle/dp/B01LZIRVSE

« Last Edit: June 07, 2021, 07:39:20 AM by ozarquebus »
John
1000SPII (on the road)
V1000 G5 (rideable)
2 Dead Converts ((looking for a third)

Online Huzo

• Guzzi Hero
« Reply #27 on: June 07, 2021, 08:59:46 AM »
That footage from the Navy pilot was as doctored as you could imagine.
The bogey was on a fixed point on the screen and did not move as the a/c moved in the normal flight axes.
If it was real, the anomaly would be moving within the frame of reference, since it has no mechanical connection to the plane.

Offline dirtiegirtie

• New Goose
« Reply #28 on: June 07, 2021, 01:18:16 PM »
I believe in ET life. I'm now about 85% sure my mother in law is from another planet... I just need a little more proof...

Online Zenermaniac

• New Goose
« Reply #29 on: June 07, 2021, 05:41:29 PM »
Maybe some of them are not ships but energy life forms that live in our upper atmosphere.

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here

Harper's Moto Guzzi
Harper's Moto Guzzi. Where we still answer the phone, use the highest quality parts, and also do Transmission, rear drive, and carb rebuilds fast. Call us at 816.697.3411 and get your problems resolved.
http://www.harpermoto.com
Advertise Here