Author Topic: This subject must continue. UFO related  (Read 2489 times)

Online Huzo

• Guzzi Hero
Re: This subject must continue. UFO related
« Reply #30 on: June 07, 2021, 05:48:25 PM »
Maybe some of them are not ships but energy life forms that live in our upper atmosphere.
Please guys...

Online SIR REAL ED

• Guzzi Hero
  • uh.... it's personal....
« Reply #31 on: June 08, 2021, 05:10:10 AM »
Maybe some of them are not ships but energy life forms that live in our upper atmosphere.

THAT is excellent campfire speculation!  Past generations may have assumed angels or demons or a sign from the gods.

I heard a bit of this last night:

https://www.coasttocoastam.com/show/2021-06-07-show/

https://theweichertreport.wordpress.com

« Last Edit: June 08, 2021, 07:58:07 AM by SIR REAL ED »
"There's two kinds of people in the world; those for whom no explanation is necessary, and those for whom no explanation is possible."

2016 KTM Duke 690
2019 Beta EVO 250
1982 Yamaha Seca 650
1999 Suzuki DR 650 w/790cc kit
1986 Honda XL600R

Offline cliffrod

• Guzzi Hero
  • AC Button II
    • Carolina Sculpture Studio
« Reply #32 on: June 08, 2021, 06:57:25 AM »
Great leaps or grand speculation don't make much sense to me.  Most things based in reality are less sensational, even to the point of boring once the veil is lifted.

In recent human history, knowledge we take for granted now was either unknown or grossly misunderstood- atoms & molecules, gravity, aerodynamics, electricity, radio waves and so many other things.    Currently, we still have no clear understanding of time including what composes it and how it functions related to objects and movement.  We all experience time and know something related to what we call time exists.  Some theory exists, but there is nothing significantly actionable or of practical application.

Someday we will know more, likely as the accrual of many small pieces of knowledge & achievements.  At that point, manipulation of time and all things related may be feasible under the right conditions.   Maybe there is a knowledge of such things already in human hands and it is being kept under absolute secrecy.  That's hard for me to imagine, but may be the case.  It isn't hard to imagine the chaos and destruction that would likely be caused by countless selfish & irresponsible people if they had the same knowledge. 
1973 V7 Sport  "Now THAT'S a motorcycle!"-  Master Sculptor Giuliano Cecchinelli
1967 V700 Corsa Record
1964 Ducati 250
eccetera, eccetera...

http://carolinasculpturestudio.com/
Carolina Sculpture Studio Channel on YouTube-
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzSYaYdis55gE-vqifzjA6A

Online larrys

• Guzzi Hero
« Reply #33 on: June 08, 2021, 08:38:03 AM »
Unfortunately none of us will be alive when Zefram Cochran launches the first warp drive ship from Earth, and the Vulcans show up to check us out...
Larry
'13 Monster 1100 EVO
'95 Cal 1100
'68 Bonneville

MGNOC 7248

Wildgoose Chase Moto Guzzi

« Reply #33 on: June 08, 2021, 08:38:03 AM »

Online ScepticalScotty

• Guzzi Hero
  • Banjo pickin' bagpipe playin' fool
    • South East Massive
« Reply #34 on: June 08, 2021, 11:36:13 AM »
Life forms in the upper atmosphere? That would be the excellent SF short story "Goldfish Bowl".
Scotty

My country is the world, and my religion is to do good.
Thomas Paine

Online cloudbase

• Guzzi Hero
« Reply #35 on: June 08, 2021, 12:01:58 PM »
THAT is excellent campfire speculation!  Past generations may have assumed angels or demons or a sign from the gods.

There was a time when lightning, earthquakes, and volcanoes were considered by primitive man to be signs of the wrath of some deity or another.  As man's knowledge increased, we learned what caused these things, and so much more.  The "god of the gaps" fallacy works to fill in that which we don't understand with some divine, or, in this case, extraterrestrial, cause for that which we don't have a full understanding of.
As science has expanded our knowledge of our world, there is less of a need to provide a deity to fill in our knowledge gaps.

It's okay to say "I don't know."

Offline ozarquebus

• Grand Canyon Pack Rat
  • Guzzi Mentor
  • Riding since 1979, 2 years on (under) a Guzzi.
« Reply #36 on: June 08, 2021, 07:33:00 PM »
I peer up into the night skies looking for and longing to see UFOs. I get more powerful flashlights and shine them into the night sky trying to signal to UFOs when camping in forlorn isolation. I try to investigate phantom transmissions on the shortwave. I want to BELIEVE!

As long as we are re-rehashing the dead thread's conversations, I too will refresh a couple of the previously described topics.

LOGICAL REASONING vs Flawed Logical Fallacies

To observe something that has been invented that was once thought to be impossible does not mean everything we think is impossible now will eventually be achieved.

That is an example of flawed logic.

for example...

Tesla and others believed that we could transmit power efficiently through the Earth's atmosphere. That one turns out to be lastingly impossible since it has been over a hundred years of progress in the field since then.

Alchemists believed they could turn lead into gold. That one has turned out to be a 1000 year tuffy.

For example, Aurora Borealis, once unexplainable and thought to be magical or devine, turned out to be electromagnetic waves. If we apply same sound logic to UFOs. then they will be a terrestrial phenomena.
 There is no valid logic, or precedent, in claiming UFOs are aliens since all the success we have in solving unexplained phenomena has been through known processes.

To claim that it is statistically probable that there are aliens out there is not even 51% proof of alien existence.

We all know military pilots are a pretty reality-based, well informed and almost universally logical in their reasoning. They are saying there are real things out there and that has been deemed true by the mainstream.  The latest interviews with Military pilots have revealed they have a sensible approach as to the three likeliest explanations in order of likelihood.
1. Our own secret developments
2. Secret Spying devices from adversarial countries.
3. extraterrestrial/God

Based on evidence, The Second Coming and/or human self-destruction has more validity and likelihood than extraterrestrial beings visiting Earth and is probably on an earlier schedule.

Uh oh, wait...I think I see something strange out the window

« Last Edit: June 08, 2021, 07:46:34 PM by ozarquebus »
John
1000SPII (on the road)
V1000 G5 (rideable)
2 Dead Converts ((looking for a third)

Offline LowRyter

• Guzzi Hero
« Reply #37 on: June 08, 2021, 08:09:58 PM »
I peer up into the night skies looking for and longing to see UFOs. I get more powerful flashlights and shine them into the night sky trying to signal to UFOs when camping in forlorn isolation. I try to investigate phantom transmissions on the shortwave. I want to BELIEVE!

As long as we are re-rehashing the dead thread's conversations, I too will refresh a couple of the previously described topics.

LOGICAL REASONING vs Flawed Logical Fallacies

To observe something that has been invented that was once thought to be impossible does not mean everything we think is impossible now will eventually be achieved.

That is an example of flawed logic.

for example...

Tesla and others believed that we could transmit power efficiently through the Earth's atmosphere. That one turns out to be lastingly impossible since it has been over a hundred years of progress in the field since then.

Alchemists believed they could turn lead into gold. That one has turned out to be a 1000 year tuffy.

For example, Aurora Borealis, once unexplainable and thought to be magical or devine, turned out to be electromagnetic waves. If we apply same sound logic to UFOs. then they will be a terrestrial phenomena.
 There is no valid logic, or precedent, in claiming UFOs are aliens since all the success we have in solving unexplained phenomena has been through known processes.

To claim that it is statistically probable that there are aliens out there is not even 51% proof of alien existence.

We all know military pilots are a pretty reality-based, well informed and almost universally logical in their reasoning. They are saying there are real things out there and that has been deemed true by the mainstream.  The latest interviews with Military pilots have revealed they have a sensible approach as to the three likeliest explanations in order of likelihood.
1. Our own secret developments
2. Secret Spying devices from adversarial countries.
3. extraterrestrial/God

Based on evidence, The Second Coming and/or human self-destruction has more validity and likelihood than extraterrestrial beings visiting Earth and is probably on an earlier schedule.

Uh oh, wait...I think I see something strange out the window

You missed the greatest sight at Cedar Vale.   Best anyone will ever see: Elon's satellites.

60 satellites  marching in a row from horizon to horizon for 5 minutes.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2021, 08:15:11 PM by LowRyter »
John L 
When life gets you down remember it's one down and the rest are up.  (1-N-23456)

Offline ozarquebus

• Grand Canyon Pack Rat
  • Guzzi Mentor
  • Riding since 1979, 2 years on (under) a Guzzi.
« Reply #38 on: June 08, 2021, 08:41:17 PM »
Unfortunately I was under the gazebo when they flew over and missed them.
John
1000SPII (on the road)
V1000 G5 (rideable)
2 Dead Converts ((looking for a third)

Offline LowRyter

• Guzzi Hero
« Reply #39 on: June 08, 2021, 09:25:35 PM »
Unfortunately I was under the gazebo when they flew over and missed them.
my point exactly.  the most specular exhibition ever seen

seen by half a dozen, no photos or videos, no one came out when to see them even when folks shouted about it.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2021, 09:28:11 PM by LowRyter »
John L 
When life gets you down remember it's one down and the rest are up.  (1-N-23456)

Offline JL Rich

• New Goose
« Reply #40 on: June 08, 2021, 09:26:10 PM »
I watched those satellites go across while spending time in the AZ desert last year.  They do tend to get your attention.

Offline Bulldog9

• Guzzi Hero
« Reply #41 on: June 09, 2021, 06:29:41 AM »
The Living: 1976 Convert, 2007 GRiSO, 2016 Stornello #742, 2008 1200 Sport
The Departed: 2017 MGX, 2014 Norge GT,  In Stasis: 1978 XS750, XS1100SF (134K miles and going)

Online e.cleven

• Sunday Rider
« Reply #42 on: June 09, 2021, 07:38:25 AM »
My wife and I saw Elon's Satellites here in Minnesota, felt like we were on Saturday Night Live. "What the hell is that???".
Mind boggling till you find out what it is.

Ride safe and keep one eye on the sky.

Earl

Offline LowRyter

• Guzzi Hero
« Reply #43 on: June 09, 2021, 08:20:15 AM »
https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/experts-weigh-in-on-pentagon-ufo-report/

Decent article from the Scientific American.

I didn't get much out of it.  I thought it was a short shrift summary with some cherry picked skepticism concluding that scientists are smarter than the folks that reported it. 
John L 

Offline LowRyter

• Guzzi Hero
« Reply #44 on: June 09, 2021, 08:41:54 AM »
I'll say that these Navy videos and accompanying witness accounts belong in the "unknown" camp.  Few reporting it here or in the press are making claims this is proof of alien life, although that certainly can't be discounted.

As I'd written in the deleted thread, if I were to guess, I think it could be a military experiment based on laser generated holograms.  There could be an agenda that the Navy has an inner-service rivalry with another govt entity and the Navy is using this "disclosure" as a means to "smoke it out" but still maintain classified cover for the technology.  This is a convoluted assertion for sure but does have some technological basis.  Perhaps one "tell", the phenomena is defined as UAPs (Unidentified Aerial Phenomena), not UFOs (Unidentified Flying Objects); hence, the "object" descriptor has been dropped.  Perhaps that was deliberate hint?

Finally, I'm not convinced that this is all there is to the UFO stuff.  Regular UFO sightings have been going on for 80 years now.  If this is a current military tech, whether revealed or not, it doesn't explain what has been ongoing for all those years.  And it's more likely my assertions about holograms is more bunk than truth and these Navy videos are just the latest of the legacy UFO sightings.   
John L 

Online PJPR01

• Guzzi Hero
  • Norge, Scura, Griso
« Reply #45 on: June 09, 2021, 12:26:15 PM »
UFO sightings have increased since the legalization (in some states) of Cannabis.  Imaginations are running freer than before, surely there's a correlation.
Paul R
2015 Red/Black Griso
2008 Silver Norge
2002 V11 Scura

Online larrys

• Guzzi Hero
« Reply #46 on: June 09, 2021, 01:11:49 PM »
I dunno about cannabis. I have been told that a person needs to take hallucinogens to really see things that aren't there...
Larry
'13 Monster 1100 EVO
'95 Cal 1100
'68 Bonneville

MGNOC 7248

Offline LowRyter

• Guzzi Hero
« Reply #47 on: June 09, 2021, 01:28:39 PM »
UFO sightings have increased since the legalization (in some states) of Cannabis.  Imaginations are running freer than before, surely there's a correlation.

I'd like to see your stats. 

I don't think anything we smoked at Cedar Vale had anything to do with seeing Elon's satellites but you might be on to something.    :cool:
John L 

Offline Ncdan

• Global Moderator
  • Guzzi Hero
« Reply #48 on: June 09, 2021, 01:35:15 PM »
I'll say that these Navy videos and accompanying witness accounts belong in the "unknown" camp.  Few reporting it here or in the press are making claims this is proof of alien life, although that certainly can't be discounted.

As I'd written in the deleted thread, if I were to guess, I think it could be a military experiment based on laser generated holograms.  There could be an agenda that the Navy has an inner-service rivalry with another govt entity and the Navy is using this "disclosure" as a means to "smoke it out" but still maintain classified cover for the technology.  This is a convoluted assertion for sure but does have some technological basis.  Perhaps one "tell", the phenomena is defined as UAPs (Unidentified Aerial Phenomena), not UFOs (Unidentified Flying Objects); hence, the "object" descriptor has been dropped.  Perhaps that was deliberate hint?

Finally, I'm not convinced that this is all there is to the UFO stuff.  Regular UFO sightings have been going on for 80 years now.  If this is a current military tech, whether revealed or not, it doesn't explain what has been ongoing for all those years.  And it's more likely my assertions about holograms is more bunk than truth and these Navy videos are just the latest of the legacy UFO sightings.
Good thoughts John and thatís about the corner Iím in also. I really donít believe the sightings are extra terrestrial in nature but I do believe there is something there that at this point has not been explained, admitted to or is still unknown. I do not believe that all the people who have reported the incidents are nut cases, attention seekers or book mongers. I hope that in our life time the answers we deserve comes to light and I really donít care what the answer is as long as itís the truth.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2021, 03:29:15 PM by Ncdan »

Online PJPR01

• Guzzi Hero
  • Norge, Scura, Griso
« Reply #49 on: June 09, 2021, 01:51:22 PM »
I'd like to see your stats. 

I don't think anything we smoked at Cedar Vale had anything to do with seeing Elon's satellites but you might be on to something.    :cool:

It was my Sutliff Rum & Maple tobacco in a Baraccini Mare Blu Sandblast pipe...heady stuff!  Combined with good fellowship around the campfire with Guzzi friends and Kirby's flight stories!  All good!

:thumb: :thumb:
« Last Edit: June 09, 2021, 01:52:49 PM by PJPR01 »
Paul R
2015 Red/Black Griso
2008 Silver Norge
2002 V11 Scura

Offline LowRyter

• Guzzi Hero
« Reply #50 on: June 10, 2021, 10:52:38 AM »
https://www.rawstory.com/harry-reid-government-hid-ufos/

Former Sen. Harry Reid reveals the reasons why the government hid UFOs from the American people for so long

"The reason we didn't hear more about them is because the military kept it all secret until very recently," Reid explained. "We don't know what they are, but we don't know what they aren't either. We just don't know. That's the way I look at it. We know now, without any hesitancy that they exist."

When asked why the U.S. government would hide what they've seen about UFOs, Reid said that it's possible people in authority feel "it could be damaging to the security of our country."

"What I've said about this is that it can't be a one-shot deal," said Reid. "There needs to be continual study of this. I don't think that we're going to learn much when this report comes out in a few weeks. I think we need to continue working on it without any question."

He went on to say that the developments in this study have shown "you don't have to be some kind of oddball to be curious about what's going on. People are curious, as they should be."
John L 

Offline Zoom Zoom

• Guzzi Hero
  • Northeast Ohio
A wide, unfettered road ahead,
and the flying motor singing.
Samuel C. Lancaster 1921

Offline yogidozer

• Guzzi Hero
« Reply #52 on: June 11, 2021, 06:22:50 AM »
Yes the universe is vast, and we don't know where it ends.
But it's unlikely there is any other lifeforms, certainly none as intelligent or peaceful as we are🙄
Oh...and the world is flat 😵

Online wavedog

• Guzzi Mentor
« Reply #53 on: June 17, 2021, 06:47:17 PM »
 So I thought about this and decided to tell a story here. One reason is I am a contrarian (some would use a non family oriented word that starts with an A) and I know that some would like to see this thread die a quiet death. Well your wish may come true as my posts have been known to kill a thread or two.

My UFO encounter story. But first a disclaimer: I don't think that UFO are extra terrestrial in origin. I would like to be wrong. UFO is short for unidentified flying object blah blah blah not E.T. buzzing about the atmosphere zapping toad hunting swamp dwellers with bright lights. And besides what extra terrestrial specie in the their right mind would visit us? We are violent. We kill each other for sport. We breathe corrosive gas - oxygen. There I said it.

In the 70's, way back during part of the cold war, I was standing periscope watch while we entertained ourselves gathering whatever off of a coast. A brilliant light up onshore and a missile went skyward. Yeah baby it was bright and right on time. Well, not on time - not by a long shot - but it was bright and spectacular. Especially the explosion after stage separation. We got it all on film. Filling out the deck log afterwards and me just being me I logged it as a UFO. Deck logs are classified. Everyone signed off on it, including the Captain and when we eventually made it back to our home port the logs were handed over with everything else and sent to wherever they go. Yes we officially logged a UFO sighting. It was the truth. It was an object that we could not identify moving through the atmosphere at a high rate of speed and in an erratic manner. Yes it could be assumed that it was a missile, but were we sure? The erratic manner was due to the boat rolling and trying to maintain a sight on it. The tapes were awesome.

So, a few months later we got the deck logs back accompanied by some serious looking people and I was told by the serious looking people to re-write the log. While they watched. The problem was not that it was logged as a UFO sighting, but that the date, time and bearings would reveal our position and the fact that we were there. They didn't give a crap about the phrase UFO, although I was told not to use it. ( side note- at that time there was a notorious spy ring operating out of the Pentagon and everything was leaked within hours. Sometimes minutes.)

There you have it. The UFO sighting and cover up by the U.S. Navy.

This thread may now die in peace. Or pieces.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2021, 06:50:15 PM by wavedog »

Offline LowRyter

• Guzzi Hero
« Reply #54 on: June 17, 2021, 07:07:24 PM »
WD, I read your sighting but didn't quite get your meaning.  I gather that you were observing another country's missile launch but due to the erratic nature of the launch that you logged it as a UFO?  Or did you log another country's missile launch as a UFO for security reasons?  Or you were observing another country's missile launch and saw a UFO at the same time?  Or you saw something altogether unknown and documented a UFO? 

Or you meant something else entirely? 
John L 

Online SIR REAL ED

• Guzzi Hero
« Reply #55 on: June 19, 2021, 07:16:50 AM »

There you have it. The UFO sighting and cover up by the U.S. Navy.

This thread may now die in peace. Or pieces.

You just threw an extra helping of Miracle Grow on this thread!!!!   :laugh:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q70MrmN8DkU
"There's two kinds of people in the world; those for whom no explanation is necessary, and those for whom no explanation is possible."

2016 KTM Duke 690
2019 Beta EVO 250
1982 Yamaha Seca 650
1986 Honda XL600R

Offline LowRyter

• Guzzi Hero
« Reply #56 on: June 19, 2021, 10:23:53 AM »
You just threw an extra helping of Miracle Grow on this thread!!!!   :laugh:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q70MrmN8DkU

LMAO   :grin:
John L 

Online wavedog

• Guzzi Mentor
« Reply #57 on: June 19, 2021, 10:44:48 AM »

From Sir Real Ed "You just threw an extra helping of Miracle Grow on this thread!!!!"

Yep it's what I do. It was on my submarine qual card. As much as I try not to, sometimes I just can't resist. Because, you know, resistance is futile.

Resistance is the ratio of voltage drop to the current. I=V/R. (sort of). Yeah those Borg got it wrong.

« Last Edit: June 19, 2021, 11:09:41 AM by wavedog »

Online SIR REAL ED

• Guzzi Hero
« Reply #58 on: June 20, 2021, 07:25:54 AM »

From Sir Real Ed "You just threw an extra helping of Miracle Grow on this thread!!!!"

Yep it's what I do. It was on my submarine qual card. As much as I try not to, sometimes I just can't resist. Because, you know, resistance is futile.

Resistance is the ratio of voltage drop to the current. I=V/R. (sort of). Yeah those Borg got it wrong.

Wavedog

Amen.  As a fellow wiseacre, I can appreciate your natural talents and abilities!  Any skill that is not continually used, atrophies, and the world would be a much more boring place without those who are slightly off center.

The correct perspective can be very soothing to one's soul.   :wink:

This thread is as old as human's ability to look to the sky.  If Brand X Aliens ever land and provide "proof," for some it will be a false flag event, and for others it will merely spur the question of "Well if Brand X Aliens exist out there, how many other kinds of Aliens are out there?"

Hopefully the aliens won't be into identity politics and they will know a.  Why doesn't Moto Guzzi grease bearings? and b. What happens to the oil in a twin body small block after 60,000 miles!   :bow:

Whther the faithful choose to agree with their answers will create at least two more threads!!!!  You're right, resistance if futile..... but it does create heat!
« Last Edit: June 20, 2021, 04:18:53 PM by SIR REAL ED »

2016 KTM Duke 690
2019 Beta EVO 250
1982 Yamaha Seca 650
1986 Honda XL600R

Offline LowRyter

• Guzzi Hero
« Reply #59 on: June 20, 2021, 06:04:18 PM »
I still don't understand this submarine sighting. 
John L 

20 Ounce Stainless Steel Double Insulated Tumbler with donation credit
Buy a quality tumbler and support the forum at the same time!
Better than a YETI! BPA and Lead free.
Advertise Here