Author Topic: Fitting the Mistral system  (Read 766 times)

Offline Stevex

• Gaggle Mentor
Fitting the Mistral system
« on: June 19, 2021, 11:24:47 AM »
Ridiculous as it sounds, I'm having problems fitting the Mistral system I've just had delivered.
The down pipes are in place and to start with I fitted the H piece with the stub slots forward but with the left silencer fully home, there was a 1" gap where the silencer support bracket should line up with the footrest bracket hole.
Looking at this pic of the system, it seems the slotted stubs go rearwards, can owners of this system confirm?

I turned the H piece round, so the slotted stubs were facing rearwards. Although this doesn't seem right to me as the now forward facing plain stubs are at a slight angle, it fits this way round too. The H piece is fully home on the down pipes, but when I align the silencer bracket hole with the footrest mount hole by hand, the front of the silencer is level with the middle of the H piece cross over pipe. Positioning the front of the silencer so it's virtually touching the cross over pipe still means it's falling short of the mounting holes lining up. Pulling my hair out over this, can anyone shed some light please?

Online blackcat

• Gaggle Hero
Re: Fitting the Mistral system
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2021, 11:55:32 AM »
Hmm...I have the same system though it's quite old. The brackets (black in photo) on my mufflers are more vertical than they way yours are mounted, but maybe they have changed the design. My bike is stored in a different location so I can't take more photo's of the connections.

1968 Norton Fastback
1976 Lemans
1981 CX-100
1993 1000S
1997 Daytona RS
2007 Red Norge

Offline TN Mark

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2021, 12:54:16 PM »
Is it possible you need to swap the right and left head pipes? They shouldn’t be interchangeable because one head is forward of the other.

Offline Stevex

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2021, 12:59:11 PM »
Is it possible you need to swap the right and left head pipes? They shouldn’t be interchangeable because one head is forward of the other.

I checked them before fitment Mark, to ensure I got them the right way round.

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2021, 12:59:11 PM »

Online Turin

• Gaggle Hero
    • crap and stuff
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2021, 02:26:41 PM »
any chance you have the wrong crossover? I know they make a few different set ups.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2021, 02:31:10 PM by Turin »
1997 Daytona RS
1991 Rennsport California III
1991 LeMans 1000
1987 LeMans SE Dave's Cycle Racer
1984 LeMans III
1985 Sidlow Guzzi
1974 850-T Sport
1969 A-series Ambassador
1996 Triumph Daytona 1200
1996 Triumph Daytona 900
1982 Alfa Romeo GTV6 Balocco SE 3.0

Offline Stevex

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2021, 03:34:38 PM »
any chance you have the wrong crossover? I know they make a few different set ups.

All parts were ordered via Gutsibits here in the UK. I've checked the part numbers on the invoice and pictures of all items and cant find any thing obvious out of order.
I'll be talking with them on Monday.

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here

Quad Lock - The best GPS / phone mount system for your motorcycles, no damage to your cameras!!
Get a Wildguzzi discount of 10% off your order!
http://quadlock.refr.cc/luapmckeever
Advertise Here