Author Topic: "Gasolina" boots and jackets company,order problem  (Read 18678 times)

Offline LaGrasta

• Gaggle Mentor
Re: "Gasolina" boots and jackets company,order problem
« Reply #30 on: November 22, 2013, 04:10:12 PM »
Slopokes, No one looking to buy Gasolina boots are going to buy Falco. It's a completely different style, no vintage vibe at all.
You can buy style, but you have to build character.

'10 Moto Guzzi V7 Cafe Classic
'03 Moto Guzzi VII Sport
'14 Kawasaki KLX250S
'89 Honda GB500tt
'82 Honda GL500 bobber
…and two step-through scooters too.

Offline kevdog3019

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #31 on: November 22, 2013, 04:29:35 PM »
Looks like there are going to be a lot of unhappy people ordering from Gasolina over the holiday (if they neglect to be open  ::)).  This will do a number on their reputation if they aren't upfront with folks.  I don't see anything yet on their website that reflects issues (hmmmmm).  You can't just get another manufacturer to start turning stuff out immediately as there's stuff to work out, so if it were me, I would halt all orders and work with who I have on my list and keep the communication lines wide open.  There will be a lot of Rick's out there if they don't do something to stop it.  

Bad time of year for this to happen.

Wish them well if they think of the customer and not themselves.

-Kevin  
'86 V65 "Super" Lario
'85 Honda Nighthawk 700s
'86 V65 Lario

Offline Moto Fugazzi

• Gaggle Hero
  • Waiting on a sign from God, or a nod from hell.
    • Griso
« Reply #32 on: January 29, 2015, 10:46:18 PM »
Looks like they have their issues sorted out. I emailed them one night, and had a response the next day. Found out they had a pair of blemished short cuts at a discount (with contrasting yellow stitching), so I ordered them right away with express shipping. They shipped on a Thursday from Mexico, and were delivered the following Monday in Milwaukee. They also have some sort of warehouse or store in Texas, from what I understand.

I normally wear a size 10 in boots, and these run a bit large, which turned out to be a good thing, as the insoles are very hard, and apparently I have dainty feet. I decent pair of Dr. Scholls gels took care of the hard insoles and the excess room. If I had had tough feet, I probably could have gone with a size 9.5, and called it a day.

They appear to be very well made, and broke in after a few days of wearing them for a few hours at a time. In retrospect, I would have gone with the lugged soles for better traction. All in all, I'm quite happy with them.
Ken

« Last Edit: January 29, 2015, 10:47:36 PM by Moto Fugazzi »
Ken
2004 V11 Cafe Sport
2009 V7C White
2007 Griso Black-Sold
1978 V50 II Blue-Sold

Offline kevdog3019

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #33 on: January 30, 2015, 07:23:04 AM »
Looks like they have their issues sorted out. I emailed them one night, and had a response the next day. Found out they had a pair of blemished short cuts at a discount (with contrasting yellow stitching), so I ordered them right away with express shipping. They shipped on a Thursday from Mexico, and were delivered the following Monday in Milwaukee. They also have some sort of warehouse or store in Texas, from what I understand.

I normally wear a size 10 in boots, and these run a bit large, which turned out to be a good thing, as the insoles are very hard, and apparently I have dainty feet. I decent pair of Dr. Scholls gels took care of the hard insoles and the excess room. If I had had tough feet, I probably could have gone with a size 9.5, and called it a day.

They appear to be very well made, and broke in after a few days of wearing them for a few hours at a time. In retrospect, I would have gone with the lugged soles for better traction. All in all, I'm quite happy with them.
Ken

Hard to tell if you got lucky or if it was because they had the "blemished" boots ACTUALLY in stock. I'm glad it worked out for you, but would have to hear many more positives before I even thought to order. One right to the many wrongs makes me skeptical. I'm sure the product is fine. Enjoy!
'86 V65 "Super" Lario
'85 Honda Nighthawk 700s
'86 V65 Lario

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #33 on: January 30, 2015, 07:23:04 AM »

Offline drlapo

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #34 on: January 30, 2015, 07:30:49 AM »
I have a pair of Vampire boots; Gasolina boots before they changed the name
I bought 3 pair off  a US dealer, i don't remreber who, for less than $100 ea.  I still use mine, Rockers style high boots,black with straps but my sons tore their's up in a couple of years
i like mine

Offline kirb

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #35 on: January 30, 2015, 08:37:54 AM »
A friend ordered boots, hung in with the extended wait, is very happy with them.
He also saw the booth at an event (Barber's?) and bought a jacket on site and likes it.

I am not aware of anyone being outright ripped off by Gasolina, but most wait longer than told. Some are OK with this, others not so much. YMMV

Offline segesta

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #36 on: January 30, 2015, 06:56:01 PM »
Interesting to see this thread revived, as I just had a (good) experience with Gasolina.

Back in November I ordered boots for my wife for Christmas. Being a surprise, I guessed at the calf size, and the boots showed up exactly as ordered, but they were too big--my mistake. I emailed Gasolina, returned the boots to their Texas return center, and ordered a second pair with the correct size. They arrived yesterday. The entire thing was painless, though slow (of course), and I always got a quick response from "Fabiola" at Gasolina for any questions I had.

So... I am a fan, and would recommend Gasolina to anyone. Just be really careful about the size, because they definitely make exactly what you order!
« Last Edit: January 30, 2015, 06:57:17 PM by segesta »
--
2014 Moto Guzzi California 1400 Custom
2013 Ducati Monster 796
2010 BMW K1300GT

biking sailor

« Reply #37 on: January 31, 2015, 10:39:23 AM »
Sort of reminds me of a popular "in" restaurant with long lines, slow service, crowded dining room.  People keep coming back because the food is excellent and put up with the other stuff.  Plus maybe a bit of a status symbol to have actually gotten something from them?   ;)

Think the "Soup Nazi" episode of Seinfeld.   ;D

Offline Mayor_of_BBQ

• Instagram: @Mayor_of_BBQ
  • Gaggle Hero
  • 'Ever thus to deadbeats, Lebowski'
« Reply #38 on: January 31, 2015, 11:38:30 AM »
Sort of reminds me of a popular "in" restaurant with long lines, slow service, crowded dining room.  People keep coming back because the food is excellent and put up with the other stuff.  Plus maybe a bit of a status symbol to have actually gotten something from them?   ;)

Think the "Soup Nazi" episode of Seinfeld.   ;D

They have 'in' trendy restaurants in OK??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Chad (Shadrach) in Asheville NC
1979 LeMans CX-100 (battle axe)
2007 Breva 1100 (Sport 1200 tribute)

Offline segesta

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #39 on: January 31, 2015, 02:40:45 PM »
Sort of reminds me of a popular "in" restaurant with long lines, slow service, crowded dining room.  People keep coming back because the food is excellent and put up with the other stuff.  Plus maybe a bit of a status symbol to have actually gotten something from them?   ;)

If that analogy describes Gasolina, then Piaggio/Guzzi is the Greatest Restaurant In The History of the World. My boots arrived in a couple of weeks; my recent windshield order took three months.

;)
--
2014 Moto Guzzi California 1400 Custom
2013 Ducati Monster 796
2010 BMW K1300GT

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here

20 Ounce Stainless Steel Double Insulated Tumbler
Buy a quality tumbler and support the forum at the same time!
Better than a YETI! BPA and Lead free.
Advertise Here