Author Topic: Introductions thread...Introduce yourself to the group !  (Read 1034736 times)

Offline Lannis

• Gaggle Hero
Re: Introductions thread...Introduce yourself to the group !
« Reply #2340 on: April 06, 2017, 07:37:39 AM »
Guess I should have posted here first. I went WOT and my first post was a technical one. 

I'll be 28 in hexadecimal reckoning in about 5 days
(I'll leave the translation to decimal reckoning as an exercise for the reader!)

Given the above statement, you can guess that I work on computers. I work on big ones. They compute fast but don't move fast, so I don't ride them, which makes them boring, but it does pay well, so I shouldn't complain about them.

What else?... My other ride is an 2008 Aprilia Tuono Factory, and I have two unloved Hondas: 1995 CBR 600 F3 (which is a track bike now which looks like the love child of the Jolly Green Giant and... well... a mid '90s ghetto crotch rocket), and a 1999 XR650L that need its engine rebuilt thanks to a piston seizure.

I'm stuck in the Land of Entrapment in a city I call "Santa Fecal" cause it annoys people that "simply love this place" when I call it that. I suppose it's beautiful, the sunsets are nice and the homes are overpriced.

I'll add a shot of my 2008 V7 Crassic (misspelling intentional) as it is now.  I've Guzzied it up a bit :-p

I'll be turning over the big 111111 next year, so you can tell I used to work on computers a LONG time ago, before there was enough memory space to even NEED hexadecimal.

Why, we had to work in 8K of programming space, without even a hardware stack, and uphill both ways ... but tell kids that today and will they believe you?

Lannis
"Hard pounding, this, gentlemen; let's see who pounds the longest".

Offline ghargrove

• New Egg
« Reply #2341 on: April 06, 2017, 10:03:02 AM »
Gary Hargrove, 70, retired Law Enforcement
El Paso TX

Returning to riding after 3yrs (Stroke and Broken Hip)

Riding for over 50yrs,  Motor cop and MSF Instructor

Love the old Guzzi police bike.  This '16 V7 is my 3rd MG. :police: :copcar:

Offline Jimijoe

• New Egg
« Reply #2342 on: April 06, 2017, 01:54:45 PM »
Hi all , John Caruso,  here in San Diego,  nearly semi-retired from construction work, currently I own a California 1400 tour equipped w Todds fuelling system.  Previously owner of an 2003 V-11, my brother had an aluminum V-11 in the garage & a 125 Stornello,

Offline Angel

• New Egg
« Reply #2343 on: April 06, 2017, 08:18:37 PM »
Still haven't found the right guzzi yet.  But I am still looking.  Leaning more towards the Breva instead of the Norge.  They are hard to find so far. 

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #2343 on: April 06, 2017, 08:18:37 PM »

Offline Rainrider

• New Egg
« Reply #2344 on: April 07, 2017, 06:18:14 PM »
Eric Gibbs; 48; software tester; Portland, Oregon; year-round commuter; recovering ice hockey player.

Recently replaced my daily rider ('97 BMW R850R) with a slightly-used 2016 V7ii Stone. I also have a 1987 K75 which I've had for 13 years, and which I may just keep around indefinitely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oldbike54

« Reply #2345 on: April 07, 2017, 07:55:54 PM »
 So how does one recover from being a hockey player ? :grin:

Dusty

Offline FL-Mike

• New Egg
« Reply #2346 on: April 07, 2017, 08:15:44 PM »
Mike, 55 yrs old, west coast of FL, occupation:  Engineer.  Riding for many years.  Love older bikes, have done some restorations.  Used to be mainly a 2 stroke guy, but lately have been mainly a Triumph guy.  Currently have a 2012 Thruxton & a 96 Trident 900 I've got for sale.  Have really liked the V7 since it came out.  Was all set up to buy one back in 2014, but the deal fell through.  Ended up buying my Thruxton, which has been a great bike.  But the itch to get a V7 has never gone away.  Saw some photos of the new V7-III (especially love the blue with orange stripe), loved the changes they've done to the bike.  So went to our local dealer to see if they had the 2017s yet.  Nope.  But took a nice test ride on a V7-II, wow, what an awesome bike, great character.  Plenty fast for me.  Then started looking at the V9 Roamer .... wow, that one is super nice too.  Seriously thinking now about selling the Thruxton and getting either a V7 or V9. 

oldbike54

« Reply #2347 on: April 07, 2017, 08:44:56 PM »
Still haven't found the right guzzi yet.  But I am still looking.  Leaning more towards the Breva instead of the Norge.  They are hard to find so far.

Start a thread , tell these guys what you are looking for .

Dusty

Offline Rainrider

• New Egg
« Reply #2348 on: April 07, 2017, 10:06:04 PM »
So how does one recover from being a hockey player ? :grin:

Dusty

RICE: Rest. Ice. Compression. I always forget what E is for. Existentialism, maybe.

oldbike54

« Reply #2349 on: April 07, 2017, 10:13:48 PM »
RICE: Rest. Ice. Compression. I always forget what E is for. Existentialism, maybe.

:laugh: Not a word one normally associates with hockey  :shocked:

Dusty

Offline jumpmaster

• Gosling
« Reply #2350 on: April 07, 2017, 10:29:18 PM »

E is for Elevate.
JC
90 Mille GT (sold), 73 Eldorado, 75 Norton Commando, 46 Whizzer, 13 Harley Road Glide

Offline Rainrider

• New Egg
« Reply #2351 on: April 07, 2017, 10:43:51 PM »
E is for Elevate.

That explains why the Enchiladas did nothing. Dangit.

Offline jumpmaster

• Gosling
« Reply #2352 on: April 07, 2017, 11:13:58 PM »
That explains why the Enchiladas did nothing. Dangit.

Well, often, if I eat enchiladas and later lie down, I have to elevate my butt a bit to allow the methane to escape.
JC
90 Mille GT (sold), 73 Eldorado, 75 Norton Commando, 46 Whizzer, 13 Harley Road Glide

Offline jasper

• New Egg
« Reply #2353 on: April 08, 2017, 05:21:36 PM »
Brian here. 47 year old machinist from San Jose CA. Picked up a California 1400 custom a few months back and couldn't be happier! I've ridden mostly sporty stuff for the last 30 plus years and I'm amazed at how well the Cali handles every time I get on it!
2016 V9 Bobber
2015 KTM Duke 690
2018 Triumph Tiger 800

Offline borgmann

• New Egg
  • Bellagio 940
« Reply #2354 on: April 10, 2017, 03:42:38 AM »
Greetings fellow Guzzusti
 quick intro, ride a Bellagio , like the long distance trips enjoy Alpine roads,   fast corners [who doesn't]
greeting card sales man

Offline Xcountry41

• New Egg
« Reply #2355 on: April 12, 2017, 11:54:50 AM »
Hi,
I'm Gary, 55, Edmonton, Alberta region, Canada.
 motorcyclist since I was 13 racing motocross. First road going motorcycle was a KLR about 9 years ago. Avid cyclist and skier, Operations technician/ Power engineer for the last 27 yrs., notice how I listed my career AFTER my passions! Oh ya , also a recovering ice hockey player, goaltender no less!
Joined ADV.com in 2011 and listed the Stelvio NTX as one of my dream bikes in my profile about a year later.
 Bought a 2012 Triumph Tiger 800 XC in 2012 and really enjoy it, seemed like a natural progression,
Rode it to YT and Alaska in 2013.
Was in the dealership two weeks ago picking up parts for the Tiger and had an out of body experience! I'm now the proud owner of a new 2015 MG Stelvio NTX they had left over. All I can say is WOW, this is a nice motorcycle!! Riding it to Dawson city YT, Inuvik NWT, and Alaska in June this year. I'm pumped !!
Regards to all,
Gary
« Last Edit: April 12, 2017, 11:59:51 AM by Xcountry41 »
If it's too steep ,you're too old

2015 Moto Guzzi Stelvio NTX
2013 Moto Guzzi Griso Diavolo Nero

Offline Muzz

• Gaggle Hero
  • On the backside of the planet.
« Reply #2356 on: April 13, 2017, 02:08:04 AM »
Well Gary, it sounds like you have been bitten.

The experts say there is no known cure. :thumb: Welcome to the madness.
Muzz. Cristchurch, New Zealand
03 Breva

Life is just a bowl of Allbran
Ya wake up in the morning and it's there

Offline Speedball68

• New Egg
« Reply #2357 on: April 17, 2017, 07:55:23 PM »
Thank you for the ad.

I do not have a Motoguzzi but my retired computer less friend has a 1973 Eldorado 850 that failed an engine in 2003 (bad cylinder chrome??). The bike has been sitting with the drivetrain removed since then but my friend Tony "Speedball" often spoke about the bike and hoped to find a replacement engine someday.

Last fall at a sale in TX I noticed the remains of a homemade motorcycle project, most of the chassis and all of the drive train was Motoguzzi. The bike was purchased with the hope it would do him good and hauled it back to IL.

The drive train ended up being a convert of unknown year; Tony likes unusual vehicles and gravitated to the idea of putting the whole convert drivetrain in his Eldorado.The engine and trans is physically in the Eldorado frame but nothing is fastened yet.

I typically help my friend with the mechanical work but I was moved to TX with work a year ago so he on his own with this one until I can make it back for a visit. We are assuming this is not a new idea and has been done before.

Can someone who has put a convert drivetrain in a looptail give me some advise to forward on what needs to be done?

Best Regards,
Tad
Marion, TX

Offline helmetbolt

• New Egg
« Reply #2358 on: April 18, 2017, 01:37:49 AM »
Hi, My name is Mick.

I'm 57.

I live in County Durham, England.

I'm a semi retired Taxi Driver.

I've been riding bikes since the 70's, but have just purchased my first Guzzi.
It is a 2001 California Special, it has not seen a lot of use & has been sitting in the previous
owners garage for the last 10 years. It has just over 10k on the clock.

Below is a pic of it.

Offline Laker

• New Egg
« Reply #2359 on: April 18, 2017, 05:09:22 PM »
Hi there Mick - nice bike!
Tim Powers
Austin, TX

2013 V7 Special (wife's bike)
2015 Ducati Multistrada S Touring
2015 Piaggio Fly 150
2016 Aprilia Tuono Factory

Offline MotoChuck250

• Hatchling
« Reply #2360 on: April 18, 2017, 06:10:41 PM »
Hi,
My name is obviously Chuck.  Was named Moto Chuck by a Ducati riding buddy many years ago.

I'm 61. No wife. No kids.

Live in Wichita, Ks.

I am currently unemployed due to health concerns but have spent about 30 yrs. in the steel fabrication industry.

Hobbies in addition to motorcycling are gardening, reading, hiking, music, and shooting.

MC I have owned include Honda, Kawasaki, Norton, Triumph, Ducati, in addition to a 1970 Guzzi Ambassador that I put a lot of miles on. My current road bike is a 2001 Kawasaki Concours 1000.

Offline Triple Jim

• Gaggle Hero
    • Lakeland Services Company
« Reply #2361 on: April 18, 2017, 06:44:04 PM »
Hello Chuck, it's good to meet you.  May your health concerns go away so you can enjoy the great weather coming up.   :smiley:

(You might consider putting a general location in your profile)
When the Brussels sprout fails to venture from its lair, it is time to roll a beaver up a grassy slope.

Offline MotoChuck250

• Hatchling
« Reply #2362 on: April 18, 2017, 08:14:40 PM »
Hello Chuck, it's good to meet you.  May your health concerns go away so you can enjoy the great weather coming up.   :smiley:

(You might consider putting a general location in your profile)

Thanks Jim,
I had Esophageal Cancer but have gone through treatment and surgery and now had two CT scans that say No Evidence of Disease.  N.e.d. is my friend!!  :grin: Right now I am trying to get my stamina back from the surgery.  Otherwise I am doing fairly well.

Haven't had time to play with my profile yet but will get to that one of these days.

oldbike54

« Reply #2363 on: April 18, 2017, 09:22:32 PM »
 Well hello Chuck , glad to see you here . Looking forward to meeting at Cedar Vale  :thumb:

Dusty

Offline newbedoo

• New Egg
« Reply #2364 on: April 22, 2017, 10:59:42 AM »
Hi Nebedoo from Canada here. Am a BMW head head guy and am looking at a Guzzi convert.

Offline DangerDan

• New Egg
« Reply #2365 on: April 23, 2017, 03:21:53 PM »
Hi, im Dan.
27 --> Vancouver, Canada.
Into surfing/snowboarding those types of sports, I like the dicey situations.

During the day I design theme park rides (the water ones) and waterslides, im a mechanical engineer by education.. At night I direct a decent sized landscape company across the country that I started 11years ago and somehow still exists and funds me.

Ive got a 2013 MG V7 Classic (?) in red/white. Its my first bike and I have been enjoying it, seems to get tons of looks on the street which is fun for a not so pricey toy. In the first week, I tried to trade it for an R8 at a stop light, he almost bit. Landed on a Guzzi by chance and have not looked back.

Offline KiwiKev

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #2366 on: April 23, 2017, 06:14:49 PM »
Well Gary, it sounds like you have been bitten.

The experts say there is no known cure. :thumb: Welcome to the madness.
There ain't no cure for love ❤️

As Leonard Cohen used to say

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline club_c

• 2001 V11 Sport
  • New Egg
« Reply #2367 on: May 03, 2017, 01:04:38 AM »
Hi, should have done this sooner, apologies.  Clubbie from the Fraser Valley of BC Canada, recently retired.  I've been riding since the '70's, and only purchased my first MG - 2001 V11 Sport Greenie - last fall as a winter project, as it needed some minor attention.   With the best of intentions to keep it, my wife of 35 years has asked me to reduce my "fleet" of bikes, so I fear I won't be with you all that long.  This is a great forum, good culture here! 
There's never time to do it right, but there's always time to do it over.

oldbike54

« Reply #2368 on: May 03, 2017, 07:51:57 AM »
Hi, should have done this sooner, apologies.  Clubbie from the Fraser Valley of BC Canada, recently retired.  I've been riding since the '70's, and only purchased my first MG - 2001 V11 Sport Greenie - last fall as a winter project, as it needed some minor attention.   With the best of intentions to keep it, my wife of 35 years has asked me to reduce my "fleet" of bikes, so I fear I won't be with you all that long.  This is a great forum, good culture here!

Sell one of the other bikes .

Dusty

Offline Muzz

• Gaggle Hero
  • On the backside of the planet.
« Reply #2369 on: May 03, 2017, 05:55:09 PM »
Sell one of the other bikes .

Dusty

:1: :thumb:

Guzzis are addictive. :grin: The others aren't.
Muzz. Cristchurch, New Zealand
03 Breva

Life is just a bowl of Allbran
Ya wake up in the morning and it's there

Quad Lock - The best GPS / phone mount system for your motorcycles, no damage to your cameras!!
Get a Wildguzzi discount of 10% off your order!
http://quadlock.refr.cc/luapmckeever
Advertise Here