General Category > Bike Builds, Rebuilds And Restorations Only

Guzzi 1100 custom build

<< < (16/32) > >>

Huzo:
I built a Rob North BSA A65 years ago and it worked out nicely.

[/url]

But where I hit the wall a bit was the wiring.
When you say you laid out the circuits one by one, I can readily see that logic, but when I did that, I found that I was duplicating a lot of positive wires.
 How did you determine whether to run a dedicated positive to perform a given function, or just tap into one that was already there ?

buzzer:

--- Quote from: Huzo on November 18, 2022, 03:28:12 PM ---I built a Rob North BSA A65 years ago and it worked out nicely.

[/url]

But where I hit the wall a bit was the wiring.
When you say you laid out the circuits one by one, I can readily see that logic, but when I did that, I found that I was duplicating a lot of positive wires.
 How did you determine whether to run a dedicated positive to perform a given function, or just tap into one that was already there ?

--- End quote ---

nice build...  :thumb:

that's why I like those fuse boxes in the picture... one positive wire to it, and 6 out to the various components.  also one earth to it, and 6 out.  it keeps it simple  :thumb:

Huzo:

--- Quote from: buzzer on November 19, 2022, 05:15:42 AM ---nice build...  :thumb:

that's why I like those fuse boxes in the picture... one positive wire to it, and 6 out to the various components.  also one earth to it, and 6 out.  it keeps it simple  :thumb:

--- End quote ---
Oh ok.
That would have simplified things, I did not know of them.

buzzer:
Here is the finished wiring… and the final diagram of which I am always happy to share a full size version. Its one item that is always nice to pass onto the new owner when I eventually sell on...  Imagine fault finding without it!   I like to use the braided sheathing rather than the hard PVC stuff of old. I see that many cars and bikes now use it. Its a bit fiddly but if you touch the end on the soldering iron after you cut it, it stops it fraying. Another nice advantage is if you need to pull one or two wires out, you can do by just parting the strands.

buzzer:
the footrests/and levers are now finished… I pondered how to do the brake light switch and then came upon this neat hydraulic one which bolts onto the union…

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version