General Category > Bike Builds, Rebuilds And Restorations Only

76 Convert restoration/refreshening.

<< < (6/9) > >>

berniebee:
I bought a nice body work hammer/anvil kit from Harbour Freight about a year ago. $45

Your paintwork is looking super!

bigbikerrick:
Thank you, Berniebee. I didnt know HF sold those. Although, the ones for stainless trim resto are a little smaller, but same principles.
Rick.

I spent most of the day today, polishing the front Borrani rim, replaced wheel bearings, and fork seals, and added gaiters. The oil in those forks I am pretty sure was the original stuff, and after 46 years, it really smelled bad!I painted the fork lowers with the brightest silver paint I could find. After clear coating, it almost looks like polished aluminum I got the front end put back together, and was able to take it for a short test ride.
Rick.

bigbikerrick:

My next step is to make custom mounts for the Pacifico fairing, out of stainless steel strap. The multi -fit brackets that come with the fairing are crude, and ugly looking, made to adapt to a multitude of bikes. I plan to shape some clean mount specifically for the Tonti front end.
Then its time to go through and service the cush drive, mount a new rear tire, polish the rear wheel, and service the bevel box. I was able to take  test run the Convert a bit. I took a father/son ride yesterday ( 9/11) to Bisbee AZ, about a 60 mile round trip. My son rode the convert, and I rode the 73 eldorado. Both bikes performed beautifully!

This photo taken at the top of the Bisbee divide, there is a marker there that states "Continental Divide" 6200 FT. We parked the bikes at the top of the Mule Mountain Tunnel observation point. Perfect weather, and fun twisties to ride.
Rick.

berniebee:
The bikes both look great!

Looking forward to seeing those brackets.  I've got a "Moto Guzzi" labeled windscreen that came with angled, chromed mounting bars. It was obviously meant for some other bike but it was adapted to my SP with some crudely chopped brackets that look...awful. I replaced the non-original SS plate instrument panel with a V50 type panel so this ugly contraption no longer fits my bike.

I'm hoping your work will give me some ideas!

bigbikerrick:

--- Quote from: berniebee on September 18, 2022, 01:52:36 PM ---The bikes both look great!

Looking forward to seeing those brackets.  I've got a "Moto Guzzi" labeled windscreen that came with angled, chromed mounting bars. It was obviously meant for some other bike but it was adapted to my SP with some crudely chopped brackets that look...awful. I replaced the non-original SS plate instrument panel with a V50 type panel so this ugly contraption no longer fits my bike.

I'm hoping your work will give me some ideas!

--- End quote ---

Thank You Bernie. I will post some photos of the brackets when I get them made. I could not find stainless steel strap,at ACE, so I will either order some from McMaster Carr, or possibly use aluminum 1" x 1/8" thick strap.  The nice thing about the fairing, besides the wind protection, is that it hides the "beautiful" Convert instrument cluster.
Rick

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version