Author Topic: If you don't want to watch football tomorrow. Solo Moto Guzzi.  (Read 445 times)

Offline Tom

• Gaggle Hero
If you don't want to watch football tomorrow. Solo Moto Guzzi.
« on: November 26, 2022, 12:40:28 PM »
Guess who's the only Moto Guzzi rider?  Green 1000S to be exact.  '93 Big valve.  2 day event.  The moto riders got paid approx. $350.00.  You'll have to look for the motorcycles packing the camera dudes.

My original American camera guy wanted to be on a motorcycle that had panniers and a trunk. Evidently, he wanted to move a house.   :grin:  He looked at the bike after we meet.  It seems that he wanted to pack a boatload of stuff plus his drone in the shipping case for aerial shots.  Rainsuit + plus other junk etc.  Total newbie.  He did not tell this to the Moto Coordinator.  He wanted a GS Adventure bike with ALL the luggage.   :grin:  I suggested "Not a good fit."  6' something.

Previous cameraman gets reassigned.  2nd cameraman that I get assigned.  Veteran still photog from Germany.  Veteran of more than 20 Ironman Championships in Kona.  He likes the fact that there are no side bags  Easy on/off because he carries all his camera equipment on him.  He's about my height.  He knows where he wants to take his shots.  No need to ride with the "pack".  End of the day, I ask him how did it go.  He replies that getting on/off the bike is a little work with all his gear.  This is on a Thursday and the end of the Women's competition.  I have a solution.

The Men's competition is the following Saturday.  I show up on my Honda PCX 150.  He's laughing because it's smaller than the 1000S.  He gets on from behind and throws his leg over rather than climbing onto the bike.  Good fit.  No problem with a passenger.

2022 VINFAST IRONMAN WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP DOCUMENTARY SPECIAL AIRING ON NBC, NOVEMBER 27 AT 2 - 3:30 P.M. EST

www.youtube.com/ironmantriathlon   This link after the airing of the documentary.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2022, 02:13:57 PM by Tom »
From the Deep Deep South out in left field.  There are no stupid questions.  There are however stupid people asking questions.  🤣, this includes me.  😉

Offline Chuck in Indiana

• Gaggle Hero
Re: If you don't want to watch football tomorrow. Solo Moto Guzzi.
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2022, 06:58:40 AM »
 :smiley: I'll look for it.
Chuck in (Elwood) Indiana/sometimes SoCal

87 AeroLario
95 Skorpion tour
22 Royal Enfield Classic 3 fiddy
 "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
Albert Einstein

Offline Tom

• Gaggle Hero
Re: If you don't want to watch football tomorrow. Solo Moto Guzzi.
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2022, 02:39:21 PM »
I'll have to watch on Youtube seems the Eagles/Green Bay game will "pre-empt" it out here.   :grin:
From the Deep Deep South out in left field.  There are no stupid questions.  There are however stupid people asking questions.  🤣, this includes me.  😉

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here