General Category > Bike Builds, Rebuilds And Restorations Only

1973 v7 Sport refresh

(1/10) > >>

Scout63:
I pulled the v7 from storage yesterday and started a refresh. I’m going to take it down to a full crab, pull and plate the cylinders, and build it back up, hopefully without touching the original frame and tins paint. I will install new steering, u-joint, swingarm and wheel bearings, rear main and clutch seals, clutch if needed, EI and an EME charging system. It came with a full Gregory Bender wiring harness system. It came apart very easily and there is very little rust, so I’m optimistic so far.

Pescatore:
That's going to be a looker.
How are the front shocks?  Seals OK?
I'm curious how they come apart.

Scout63:

--- Quote from: Pescatore on January 03, 2023, 11:53:00 AM ---That's going to be a looker.
How are the front shocks?  Seals OK?
I'm curious how they come apart.

--- End quote ---

I am too. I think they will be ok.  Everything so far has come apart with hand tools. I’ve ordered new springs, dampers and seals for the shocks.

How is your dad’s 650 running?

Pescatore:
I rode it a lot this summer, thanks for asking.
The shifting has the occasional neutral between gears, which was also happening originally.
A few other things will need attention this winter.

Scout63:
Frame is all separated for blasting and painting.  I decided that it is scratched up enough to warrant a repaint.

The cylinders are chrome but look like new inside.  The spots in the picture are dust. I’m going to send them off for nikasil plating.

The timing chest looks great.  I forgot to drain the oil before removing the cover. Huge mess.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version