Author Topic: Pearl Harbor Day  (Read 494 times)

Online sdcr

• Gaggle Hero
Pearl Harbor Day
« on: December 07, 2023, 09:51:05 AM »

A salute to all of the fallen, on that terrible day, December 7, 1941.
John
2000 BMW R1100 RS
1983 BMW R100
2009 Jaguar XK

Online bigbikerrick

• Gaggle Hero
  • 73 Eldo, 98 V 11 ,12 Ural Gear Up, 76 Convert,
  • Location: Southeastern corner of Arizona, right next to "Old Mexico, and New Mexico"
Re: Pearl Harbor Day
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2023, 09:55:01 AM »
Yes Sir,  :thumb:
Rick
"You meet the most interesting people on a Guzzi"

Offline jcctx

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2023, 09:55:28 AM »
AMEN!!!!

Offline Bad Two Stroke

• New Egg
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2023, 10:32:15 AM »
I usually always remember Dec 7. Thank you for the reminder. 

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2023, 10:32:15 AM »

Online Moparnut72

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2023, 10:46:01 AM »
I was thinking about this day myself before it was mentioned here. I have had news programs on the idiot tube for the last few hours. All that been talked about were the loonies in Washington and the verbal fighting in Atlanta last night. Geez, what has happened to this country? Hope I haven't gone over the line.
kk
Mopar or Nocar
2023 V100 Marina
2019 V7lll Special
MGNOC #24053
Amiga computer shop owner: "Americans are great consumers but terrible shoppers".

Online blu guzz

• Gaggle Hero
  • Loves to ride
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2023, 11:05:04 AM »
God bless our troops, past and present.
Blue Guzz

Offline Tom

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2023, 01:39:14 PM »
Large memorial services aboard the U.S.S. Missouri.  A number of survivors still living showed up.  A Marine Aviator addressed the crowd.  He wore Capt. bars from his dad.  Wings from his grandfather.  3 generations of Marine Aviators.   

https://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/2023/12/07/marking-82-years-since-pearl-harbor-attack-hawaii-remembers-legacy-hope-left-behind/

From the Deep Deep South out in left field.  There are no stupid questions.  There are however stupid people asking questions.  🤣, this includes me.  😉

Offline sign216

• Gaggle Hero
    • Guzzi 750s - Breva, Nevada, V7, etc
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2023, 03:46:33 PM »

A sad day, for all involved.  Glad the USA prevailed. 
09 Guzzi V7C
58 BMW R50
65 Gilera 106
69 Benelli 350

https://groups.io/g/Moto-Guzzi-750

Offline Tom

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2023, 04:46:20 PM »
Y'ep.  My Dad survived that day.  He got his car shot up and lost his new Brownie camera.  He was taking pictures from Alewa Heights of where he was going to work Monday the 8th.  He bought the car and camera because Hawaiian Tug & Barge got a Navy contract to move ships around at Pearl Harbor.  He got called up by the union.  A red Chevy convertible makes a great target.

He made it home through the chaos and showed up Monday morning for work at Honolulu Harbor.  They were a little busy.  About a year later when members of the former Hawaii Territorial Guard were reactivated, he quit the job and reported for duty.  He retained his rank and was assigned to an Army Air Force unit at Hickam Airfield. 

As a kid, my brothers thought his stories about WWII were just stories.  Later on after high school, he showed me show bills from the finance company for his car.   :grin:  "Did you pay them?"  "No." was the answer.  Seems that he and his unit were really worried about IJN bombarding the island they were on.  He was on the ground crew servicing heavy bombers at Henderson Field after the Marines cleared the island.

Later he got payback by loading B-29's on Tinian.  He wouldn't say much.  Turns out he help load a couple of very odd-looking B-29's.

Years later.  I was on base at Hickam AFB and Marine Corp. Base Hawaii.  The holes from strafing and shrapnel are still there.  I didn't look for damage at Pearl Harbor Navy Base or Schofield Barracks but I'm pretty sure that there is some damage to the buildings that were never repaired and are only superficial. 
From the Deep Deep South out in left field.  There are no stupid questions.  There are however stupid people asking questions.  🤣, this includes me.  😉

Online JJ

• Gaggle Hero
  • Life is meant to ENJOY...not "endure."
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2023, 08:36:57 PM »

A salute to all of the fallen, on that terrible day, December 7, 1941.

NEVER FORGET.....
Life Member: MGNOC L-772, AMA, HOG
'98 V10 Centauro GT
Village of Oak Creek, AZ

Offline grebmrof

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2023, 02:53:45 PM »
I was surprised that we didn't see many neighborhood flags when we were out and about.  The flags on large poles were appropriately flying at half mast.  Was proud to put our flag out on our porch.  Not many veterans left who were there...  A salute to them all!
'22 Royal Enfield Int650
'08 Triumph Bonneville T100

Offline bacongrease

• Gosling
« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2023, 09:56:02 AM »

I have read several books about Dec 7, mil. guys blaming fault on each other.  My takeaway is the navy guys in Washington should have been shot. 

Just found out a great uncle, a Marine sgt., was killed the same day on Wake. Tho it was Dec 8th there.

20 Ounce Stainless Steel Double Insulated Tumbler
Buy a quality tumbler and support the forum at the same time!
Better than a YETI! BPA and Lead free.
Advertise Here