Author Topic: Valencia MotoGP  (Read 3003 times)

Offline Aaron D.

• Gaggle Hero
Valencia MotoGP
« on: November 19, 2018, 06:17:22 AM »
Wild race! The level of these guys...

Also a note-losing BEIN has been a blessing. Made me look into things, saving money and getting the whole race even when it stretches for waaay over the normal time.

Offline LowRyter

• Gaggle Hero
Re: Valencia MotoGP
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2018, 09:38:00 AM »
Well, my recording ran out after the red flag.  Rossi was about to win the dang thing coming from 16th, then the red flag comes and I missed the restart.  I read the results.   What a wild race.

And the qualifying was exciting too.  I am mentioning Marquez. He high sided and catapulted off his bike and dislocated his shoulder.  He went to the trailer where they must've popped his shoulder back and he gets out with little time to spare and qualifies 4th. 
John L 
When life gets you down remember it's one down and the rest are up.  (1-N-23456)

Offline fotoguzzi

• Gaggle Hero
  • vee git tooh soon oldt und too late wise -my Dad
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2018, 10:48:37 AM »
I'll say again, if Rossi were on that Ducati he would have cleaned up the field all year..  I hope Yamaha can get their bike up to that kind of performance for 2019..  great to see so many manufacturers competitive, remember the days when it was all Honda and Yamaha?
MINNEAPOLIS, MN

oldbike54

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2018, 11:01:15 AM »
 If only Rossi had never left Honda , or Yamaha , or Ducati ,if only Stoner had not mastered a Ducati that Rossi couldn't, or if Lorenzo and Marquez had never come along , oh my , shoot , he would have 50 titles. If only .... :laugh:

Dusty

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2018, 11:01:15 AM »

Offline LowRyter

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2018, 12:50:42 PM »
If only Rossi had never left Honda , or Yamaha , or Ducati ,if only Stoner had not mastered a Ducati that Rossi couldn't, or if Lorenzo and Marquez had never come along , oh my , shoot , he would have 50 titles. If only .... :laugh:

Dusty

glad you're showing your true colors.
John L 
When life gets you down remember it's one down and the rest are up.  (1-N-23456)

Offline LowRyter

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2018, 12:56:05 PM »
I'll say again, if Rossi were on that Ducati he would have cleaned up the field all year..  I hope Yamaha can get their bike up to that kind of performance for 2019..  great to see so many manufacturers competitive, remember the days when it was all Honda and Yamaha?

Rossi is certainly a sentimental favorite.  He's earned GOAT (for now). 

But it's Marc's time now.  He's just that good.  He may never be the superstar of a Rossi, largely because of his boneheaded moves, but perhaps that what makes him great?  And then we have Jorge in his prime and Maverick, Zarco, Dovi and the new bunch.  It's a shame that Stoner flamed out.

I doubt that Rossi would beat Marc head to head now.
John L 

Offline rdbandkab

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2018, 01:03:32 PM »
I never realized how bad MM's shoulder was.   I guess it's been deteriorating for a while?  And then something happened during the celebration for clenching the championship (at the last race) that really furthered the injury?
It was pretty wild when he "tossed it down the road" in qually and had to hurry back to the pits to get the shoulder "popped" back into place. Then get back out for a few more laps. :bow:  Those guys are aliens!!   

How about the last lap in Moto3.... :thumb:   
« Last Edit: November 19, 2018, 01:06:21 PM by rdbandkab »

oldbike54

« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2018, 01:24:40 PM »
glad you're showing your true colors.

Meh , Rossi was a great rider , probably still a top 5 guy , was he better than Hailwood , or Ago ? What about Doohan , or Angel Nieto ? What would Sheene have done if Suzuki had developed a more competitive 500 ?Heck , how many championships would Jarno Saarinen have won if not for his tragic end ? Rossi was the best of a generation , and his longevity is to be admired , is he the GOAT , that depends .

Dusty

Offline LowRyter

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2018, 07:08:28 PM »
Meh , Rossi was a great rider , probably still a top 5 guy , was he better than Hailwood , or Ago ? What about Doohan , or Angel Nieto ? What would Sheene have done if Suzuki had developed a more competitive 500 ?Heck , how many championships would Jarno Saarinen have won if not for his tragic end ? Rossi was the best of a generation , and his longevity is to be admired , is he the GOAT , that depends .

Dusty

good points all.  no disagreement.  And what about the americans?  Roberts, Spencer, Lawson, Rainy, and Shwantz?

Now that's been said, you can delete this entire thread.   :wink:
John L 

oldbike54

« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2018, 07:17:39 PM »
good points all.  no disagreement.  And what about the americans?  Roberts, Spencer, Lawson, Rainy, and Shwantz?

Now that's been said, you can delete this entire thread.   :wink:

Why would I delete the thread , it's fun watching the fanbois get all worked up  :evil:

Likely Schwantz would have won more if Suzuki had built a bike equal to Yamaha then later Honda . Or maybe if he hadn't crashed every other race ...

Dusty

Offline LowRyter

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2018, 07:21:30 PM »
Why would I delete the thread , it's fun watching the fanbois get all worked up  :evil:

Likely Schwantz would have won more if Suzuki had built a bike equal to Yamaha then later Honda . Or maybe if he hadn't crashed every other race ...

Dusty

it's fun when you're having fun? OK
John L 

Offline Turin

• Gaggle Hero
    • crap and stuff
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2018, 08:04:38 PM »
Rossi gets points for being the last to win a  Grand prix championship on a 500 CC two stroke.

great documentary - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CcqjhzTIWyk
1997 Daytona RS
1991 Rennsport California III
1991 LeMans 1000
1987 LeMans SE Dave's Cycle Racer
1984 LeMans III
1985 Sidlow Guzzi
1974 850-T Sport
1969 A-series Ambassador
1996 Triumph Daytona 1200
1996 Triumph Daytona 900
1982 Alfa Romeo GTV6 Balocco SE 3.0

Offline Aaron D.

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2018, 08:24:22 PM »
Sounds like some folks want to watch spec series or one-make racing so the "best" rider will win.

The bike is also important, and the manufacturer is just as anxious for their bike to win.

oldbike54

« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2018, 09:10:30 PM »

You seem to be alluding to a past event , one which I had nothing to do with .

Dusty

Offline fotoguzzi

• Gaggle Hero
  • vee git tooh soon oldt und too late wise -my Dad
« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2018, 09:12:32 PM »
Sounds like some folks want to watch one-make racing so the "best" rider will win.
tune in for that v7 series... Yawn..
MINNEAPOLIS, MN

Online Huzo

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2018, 09:35:09 PM »
I'll say again, if Rossi were on that Ducati
He had his crack at that..

Online Huzo

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2018, 09:37:38 PM »
Difference is, he knows when to stop..

Offline LowRyter

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2018, 09:41:02 PM »
Difference is, he knows when to stop..

yep, and the power to kill the entire thread
John L 

oldbike54

« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2018, 09:49:21 PM »

Once again , wasn't me that pulled the plug on that thread . Now , can we get back on topic ?

Dusty

Online Huzo

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #19 on: November 19, 2018, 09:53:38 PM »
That is also true co incidentally.
Of course there's the school of thought that says..
If the kids could have a slightly warm debate without some sook spitting the dummy and throwing their toys out of the cot, he wouldn't have to go all Old Testament on our collective arses.
I've yet to see a thread nuked that wasn't in fairly serious breach of Luap's list of demands.
Now..
Can we talk about how good Jack Miller and Casey Stoner and Mick Doohan and Wayne Gardner and Jack Finlay are ?
« Last Edit: November 19, 2018, 09:54:38 PM by Huzo »

Offline jas67

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #20 on: November 19, 2018, 10:56:21 PM »
Well, my recording ran out after the red flag.  Rossi was about to win the dang thing coming from 16th, then the red flag comes and I missed the restart.  I read the results.   What a wild race.

And the qualifying was exciting too.  I am mentioning Marquez. He high sided and catapulted off his bike and dislocated his shoulder.  He went to the trailer where they must've popped his shoulder back and he gets out with little time to spare and qualifies 4th.

And, no one mentions that Marquez crashed out after the restart, and dislocated his shoulder AGAIN!

And yes, he is an alien.

I was rooting for Rossi, and got pretty excited when Rins slowed up right before the red flag, and Rossi and Dovi were neck and neck.     Too bad Rossi crashed, I thought he was definitely going to be on the podium.

After Rossi crashed out, I was really hoping for Pedrosa to get on the podium for the final GP race of his career.    Given the crash fest that it was, I'm sure he just wanted to keep it upright.    4th is damned respectable.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2018, 11:44:50 AM by jas67 »
2017 V7III Special
1977 Le Mans
1974 Eldorado
2017 Triumph Thruxton R
2013 Ducati Monster 796, 2013 848 Evo Corse SE, 1974 750GT, 1970 Mk3d 450 Desmo, 1966 Monza 250
1975 Moto Morini 3 1/2
2007 Vespa GTS250
2016 BMW R1200RS, 80 R100S, 76 R90S ,73 R75/5
76 Honda CB400F, 67 305 Super Hawk, 68 CL175

Offline LowRyter

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #21 on: November 20, 2018, 06:13:13 PM »
Once again , wasn't me that pulled the plug on that thread . Now , can we get back on topic ?

Dusty

why should keep a topic and I can't?

Kill it.    :wink:
John L 

Offline LowRyter

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #22 on: November 20, 2018, 06:17:00 PM »
And, no one mentions that Marquez crashed out after the restart, and dislocated his shoulder AGAIN!

And yes, he is an alien.

I was rooting for Rossi, and got pretty excited when Rins slowed up right before the red flag, and Rossi and Dovi were neck and neck.     Too bad Rossi crashed, I thought he was definitely going to be on the podium.

After Rossi crashed out, I was really hoping for Pedrosa to get on the podium for the final GP race of his career.    Given the crash fest that it was, I'm sure he just wanted to keep it upright.    4th is damned respectable.

Are you sure that Marc blew out his shoulder the second time?  I know what the announcer said.  But he wasn't slumped over and holding his arm.  I may not like the little punk but will tell ya he's the most skilled rider out there and tough as a boot.  He's dang sure got my respect as a competitor.
John L 

Offline jas67

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #23 on: November 20, 2018, 07:42:26 PM »
Are you sure that Marc blew out his shoulder the second time?  I know what the announcer said.  But he wasn't slumped over and holding his arm.  I may not like the little punk but will tell ya he's the most skilled rider out there and tough as a boot.  He's dang sure got my respect as a competitor.

No, I don't know for sure.

And yes, I have nothing but respect for Marc's talent.   He's the only one out there that can save an in-progress low-side crash (on a dry track).

Everyone in that field are super-human riders compared to the rest of us.   

I also have to say how amazed I am that they get that much traction on a wet track that they're leaned over that far dragging knees.    Today's tire technology is pretty amazing.   Even if I had those tires on my track bike, I don't think my balls are big enough to go around the track at speed in the rain.

2017 V7III Special
1977 Le Mans
1974 Eldorado
2017 Triumph Thruxton R
2013 Ducati Monster 796, 2013 848 Evo Corse SE, 1974 750GT, 1970 Mk3d 450 Desmo, 1966 Monza 250
1975 Moto Morini 3 1/2
2007 Vespa GTS250
2016 BMW R1200RS, 80 R100S, 76 R90S ,73 R75/5
76 Honda CB400F, 67 305 Super Hawk, 68 CL175

Quad Lock - The best GPS / phone mount system for your motorcycles, no damage to your cameras!!
Get a Wildguzzi discount of 10% off your order!
http://quadlock.refr.cc/luapmckeever
Advertise Here