Author Topic: A Lobster Diver In Cape Cod Says A Humpback Whale Scooped Him up & Spat Him Out.  (Read 1397 times)

Offline Tom

• Gaggle Hero
« Last Edit: June 28, 2021, 08:52:37 PM by Tom »
From the Deep Deep South out in left field.  There are no stupid questions.  There are however stupid people asking questions.  🤣, this includes me.  😉

Offline Scout63

• Gaggle Hero
Four towns over from me.  I believe him. He should never have to pay for a beer again. It was very nice meeting you at the rally in NH Tom.
Ben Zehnder - Orleans, MA USA

Offline LowRyter

• Gaggle Hero
« Last Edit: June 28, 2021, 10:53:57 PM by LowRyter »
John L 
When life gets you down remember it's one down and the rest are up.  (1-N-23456)

Offline Perazzimx14

• Gaggle Hero
Is his name Jonah?
2021 Moto Guzzi V85TT Guardia D'onore
2017 V7 III Carbon Dark #0008 of 1921
2017 Road Glide Special
2020 Kawasaki KLX300SM
2016 Suzuki Van Van 200

Wildguzzi.com

Offline SmithSwede

• Gaggle Hero
  • I don't want a pickle
Don’t laugh.  That guy was almost krilled.
Accentuate the positive;
Eliminate the negative;
Latch on to the affirmative;
Don't mess with Mister In-Between.

Offline TheHungarian

• New Egg
  • ‘13 V7
Every time he tries to tell that story, the bartender tells him to shut his blow hole.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2021, 10:45:16 AM by TheHungarian »
I've owned (at one time or another):
1976 Yamaha MX125
1978 Puch moped
1985 Honda Nighthawk 700S
1993 Suzuki GSX750 Katana
1996 Honda VFR750
2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

Offline JJ

• Gaggle Hero
  • Life is meant to ENJOY...not "endure."
Is his name Jonah?

:laugh: :laugh: :grin: :grin: :wink:  Hey Jonah!  Pass me the Sale & Pepper!! :laugh: :grin: :wink: :shocked: :rolleyes: :huh:
Life Member: MGNOC L-772, AMA, HOG
'98 V10 Centauro GT
Village of Oak Creek, AZ

Offline Perazzimx14

• Gaggle Hero
:laugh: :laugh: :grin: :grin: :wink:  Hey Jonah!  Pass me the Sale & Pepper!! :laugh: :grin: :wink: :shocked: :rolleyes: :huh:

Its a whale of a story!
2017 Road Glide Special
2020 Kawasaki KLX300SM
2016 Suzuki Van Van 200

Offline bad Chad

• Gaggle Hero
The whole story smells fishy to me.
2007 Breva 1100  Red Arrow (and faster than yours!)
2016 CSC 250TT Zongshen
2017 V9 Roamer

Offline Ncdan

• Global Moderator
  • Gaggle Hero
I guess it’s obvious why I can’t play too, in this one. 🤔

I wouldn’t touch this one with a 10’ Harpoon!
« Last Edit: June 29, 2021, 08:25:52 PM by Ncdan »

Offline lucian

• Gaggle Hero
Being a born and bred Mainer, who spent three years on the stern of a commercial lobster boat, I can tell you that diving for lobsters is not something we are to exited about up here . In Maine its illegal for a lot of good reasons. Mainly conservation. It's bad enough he profits from a practice which should be banned IMHO, but now he'll likely benefit from an encounter with a whale that unfortunately couldn't stomach him either.

Offline Perazzimx14

• Gaggle Hero
Maybe the diver was too people tasting for the whale? He probably hoped the person would be more fishy?
2017 Road Glide Special
2020 Kawasaki KLX300SM
2016 Suzuki Van Van 200

Offline Moparnut72

• Gaggle Hero
Being a born and bred Mainer, who spent three years on the stern of a commercial lobster boat, I can tell you that diving for lobsters is not something we are to exited about up here . In Maine its illegal for a lot of good reasons. Mainly conservation. It's bad enough he profits from a practice which should be banned IMHO, but now he'll likely benefit from an encounter with a whale that unfortunately couldn't stomach him either.
I wondered about that too. It  was illegal in Ct in the 60's. I knew a guy who did it at night with a car headlight bulb at night.  He only took one or two for himself. He quit diving after he came face to face with a hammerhead, scared him almost to death.
kk
Mopar or Nocar
2023 V100 Marina
2019 V7lll Special
MGNOC #24053
Amiga computer shop owner: "Americans are great consumers but terrible shoppers".

Offline Perazzimx14

• Gaggle Hero
I wondered about that too. It  was illegal in Ct in the 60's. I knew a guy who did it at night with a car headlight bulb at night.  He only took one or two for himself. He quit diving after he came face to face with a hammerhead, scared him almost to death.
kk

Probably the brown ink cloud from him pooping himself confused the shark allowing for hasty retreat. 
2017 Road Glide Special
2020 Kawasaki KLX300SM
2016 Suzuki Van Van 200

Offline lucian

• Gaggle Hero

deltadentalmo

Here's the fair way to catch a lobster , other than that you can take you're chances.

Offline SmithSwede

• Gaggle Hero
  • I don't want a pickle
I’ve always found it amusing that when lobsters were plentiful, they were regarded as the cockroaches of the sea.  Only starving poor people or prisoners would eat them.  Heck, prisoners would riot if you tried to feed them sea roaches more than twice a week.

Now, a delicacy!

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thiscityknows.com/the-cockroaches-of-the-sea-when-lobster-was-food-for-the-poor-and-prisoners/amp/
Accentuate the positive;
Eliminate the negative;
Latch on to the affirmative;
Don't mess with Mister In-Between.

Offline Ncdan

• Global Moderator
  • Gaggle Hero

deltadentalmo

Here's the fair way to catch a lobster , other than that you can take you're chances.
I believe I recognize that guy🤔

Offline lucian

• Gaggle Hero
Tru that SS , They were once plowed into the fields for fertilizer before someone put butter on em.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2021, 09:21:34 PM by lucian »

Offline lucian

• Gaggle Hero
I believe I recognize that guy🤔

Damn, I thought the shades would keep me safe from the interneck police.  :grin:

Offline s1120

• Gaggle Hero

Ya, I gotta say Ive been on the cape during summers for about 30 years now, and did not think that was a thing any more.
Paul B

Offline Tom

• Gaggle Hero
A quick look at Mass. rules and anyone can correct.  Commercial vs. "recreational" and licensing.  Recreational bag limit is 15 per day with a limit of 10 pots.  Dive harvesting....your permit has to be on your air tank.  https://www.mass.gov/service-details/learn-about-recreational-lobster-harvest

IMO if someone is harvesting commercially but using a recreational permit, they'll be in trouble with the authorities.  Poaching, even out here in the middle of the Pacific is not something you'd like to do.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2021, 03:28:19 PM by Tom »
From the Deep Deep South out in left field.  There are no stupid questions.  There are however stupid people asking questions.  🤣, this includes me.  😉

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here