Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
General Discussion / Re: Tank bag for V85TT?
« Last post by kingoffleece on Today at 12:41:38 AM »
https://www.findtape.com/ISC-Extreme-Duty-Racers-Tape/p175/

I've said it here many many times.  If you're using straps protect the surface it contacts with this stuff.  It's amazing.  I've used it on a zillion things for 20 years and it's perfect.
General Discussion / Re: Anyone else listening to Allman Bros these days?
« Last post by Don G on Today at 12:38:51 AM »
Never ever stopped!  DonG
General Discussion / New ride
« Last post by zedXmick on April 19, 2024, 11:22:55 PM »
Followed me home today. I took advantage of the Suzuki specials running right now, received a great deal on a new 2023 V-Strom 1050 DE.  What a machine! My first V-Twin. Looking forward to my 1st riding season of retirement. Great V-twin grunt…comfortable ride, handle's Wisconsins  backroad “B” roads with aplomb.

General Discussion / Re: Marelli starter brushes
« Last post by tparr on April 19, 2024, 09:41:23 PM »
The measurement of the brushes are 7mm x 13.5mm x approx 20mm. I think I will end up having to customize some brushes of a similar thickness. I appreciate the input.
General Discussion / Re: This Sunday, 4/21 = Connecticut-Rhode Island Breakfast
« Last post by n3303j on April 19, 2024, 09:22:45 PM »
After Breakfast;

Also for those interested in LARGE model aircraft,Sunday is the last day of Propbusters 4 day Aerotow Vintage Scale Glider event. Field is about 25 miles east of breakfast.

General Discussion / Re: LeMans 850 Frame/Engine Numbers
« Last post by Mojo53 on April 19, 2024, 09:21:29 PM »
It's clearly stamped VB. I studied it for a long time with a magnifying glass. I'll try to get a clear photo of it when I get a chance.
« Last post by testa_di_formaggio on April 19, 2024, 08:10:01 PM »
IIRC, my auto electric guys use Lucas starter brushes.

Wouldn't surprise me. Good rebuilders can make just about anything work, or find something that will. They're worth their weight in gold. I checked with my guy, the brushes he modified were for Motorola units.

TdF
General Discussion / 2023 V7 Special Edition
« Last post by bronzestar1 on April 19, 2024, 07:08:59 PM »
Since there was so much drama going on with my quest for a '24 V7 Corsa, I got this instead, picked it up today.  Had the dealer install a set of Ago reverse cone mufflers, airbox lid elimination kit, and UPMAP tune, which I had already ordered for the Corsa.  Sounds great with the Ago mufflers and dB killers removed, I'll take it out for a proper road test this weekend, weather permitting.  Service tech said the break-in service is at 900 miles, which will include checking the valves, and replacing the oil, trans, and rear drive fluids.  Depending on what's going on with my '18 Aprilia Dorsoduro and "cars and coffee" vehicles ('81 Lancia Zagato, '05 Audi A4 Quattro convertible), it might take me several months to get to 900 miles!

General Discussion / Re: No acceleration passed 3rd
« Last post by John A on April 19, 2024, 07:07:18 PM »
If you are in third about 4500 rpm and go to wide open and the rpms increase without acceleration, it’s due for some clutch work. Once they start to slip, they are done for.
« Last post by Antietam Classic Cycle on April 19, 2024, 07:00:22 PM »
IIRC, my auto electric guys use Lucas starter brushes. Have a look on ebay, there seems to be quite a few listed.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/184119617893
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here