Author Topic: 2002 V11 LeMans Gearbox Issues  (Read 1694 times)

Offline Thunderbutt

• Hatchling
Re: 2002 V11 LeMans Gearbox Issues
« Reply #30 on: March 22, 2024, 09:06:42 AM »
Chuck,
Do you have any of the re-engineered shift springs left? My heart is in my throat every time I ride my bike and shift gears.  I carry a spare original design in my tool pouch
just in case I need to do a road side surgery.  I have been putting this off for way to long.

Jerry
Current rides: 2000 V-11 Sport-SOLD, 2003 Aprilia Mille Haga Replica #125, 1975 Triumph T160, 2002 LeMans, 2008 Norge aka the silver bullet

Online guzziart

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #31 on: March 23, 2024, 02:37:10 PM »
The shift spring broke on my '03 Lemans last year, the bike only has 12k miles on it, glad I had a Chuck & Scud superduper indestructible shift spring to use as a replacement.  I limped the bike home in 2nd or 3rd after the break.  I was a little intimidated at the thought of performing the spring replacement but thanks to the excellent tutorial at the v11Lemans forum it went just fine and while I was in the gearbox I also did a few other recommended tasks as I recall. 

On a related note, I read a story recently about a spring replacement task that went very bad.  Apparently, the owner did not disconnect the battery completely from the bike before pulling the starter, a dead short to ground ensued and the bike was irrepairably damaged. 

Art
'71 CB350, '72 Eldo, '72 CL350, '81 CB125s, '87 LMIVSE, '91 CT70, '03 V11 Lemans, '08 Wing  ('12 Wee Strom - R.I.P.)

Offline Chuck in Indiana

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #32 on: March 24, 2024, 06:28:53 AM »
Chuck,
Do you have any of the re-engineered shift springs left? My heart is in my throat every time I ride my bike and shift gears.  I carry a spare original design in my tool pouch
just in case I need to do a road side surgery.  I have been putting this off for way to long.

Jerry

I'm pretty sure I do, but I'll have to go out to the Guzzi Garage (tm) to make sure. If I do that, the alarm will tinkle saying a door was opened and wake up my sweetie.
Back after a while..
Chuck in (Elwood) Indiana/sometimes SoCal

87 AeroLario
95 Skorpion tour
22 Royal Enfield Classic 3 fiddy
 "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
Albert Einstein

Offline Chuck in Indiana

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #33 on: March 24, 2024, 07:24:00 AM »
I'm baaaack. She's had her beauty rest, and yes I have one. I also have one of the Absolutely Last run and Highly Collectable Lucky Phil Shifter Extenders if you want your V11S to shift like a Japanese bike.   :smiley:
PM me if interested..
Chuck in (Elwood) Indiana/sometimes SoCal

87 AeroLario
95 Skorpion tour
22 Royal Enfield Classic 3 fiddy
 "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
Albert Einstein

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #33 on: March 24, 2024, 07:24:00 AM »

Offline Moparnut72

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #34 on: March 24, 2024, 09:39:27 AM »
"Shifter Extenders"
Funny you should mention this. I have a new V100 on which I find the shifting to be quite stiff for lack of a better word. I ordered an extender from AF1 Racing just yesterday. I am hoping it will help making shift as smooth and effortless like my V7lll and my Audace. Those who say dry clutch Moto Guzzi gearboxes are clunky don't know how to ride at least in my opinion. I spent a lot of time and miles on early Airheads, i learned how to shift those smoothly. Moto Guzzis are a piece of cake compared to those bikes.  :grin:
kk
Mopar or Nocar
2023 V100 Marina
2019 V7lll Special
MGNOC #24053
Amiga computer shop owner: "Americans are great consumers but terrible shoppers".

Quad Lock - The best GPS / phone mount system for your motorcycles, no damage to your cameras!!
Get a Wildguzzi discount of 10% off your order!
http://quadlock.refr.cc/luapmckeever
Advertise Here