General Category > General Discussion

Check Your Nuts

(1/4) > >>

kballowe:
We all check the tire pressure on our bikes.... and give them the general "once-over".

But, how many check the lug nuts on their 4-wheeled conveyances ?

This is #8 and #9 that I've picked up off the road - in just this past week, and all in the local area.

guzziart:
I haven't checked lugnut torque, etc. in years.  The vehicle & tire manufacturers recommendations for tire rotation on my vehicles is at least once per year based on my annual mileage.  The road hazard warranty I bought for $10/tire includes free balancing & rotation every 5k miles so I haven't done anything with lugnuts in years (except for my Wing w/single sided swing arm & 5 lugnuts)

Art

kballowe:

--- Quote from: guzziart on June 06, 2023, 06:47:47 AM ---I haven't checked lugnut torque, etc. in years.  The vehicle & tire manufacturers recommendations for tire rotation on my vehicles is at least once per year based on my annual mileage.  The road hazard warranty I bought for $10/tire includes free balancing & rotation every 5k miles so I haven't done anything with lugnuts in years (except for my Wing w/single sided swing arm & 5 lugnuts)

Art

--- End quote ---

Yes, but don't you ever walk around your vehicle and look to make sure that you have all of your lug nuts?

Gliderjohn:
Had that happen to us last summer. Two lugs sheared also. Also the first time I had the rear wheel off the Norge I just put it back on w/o a torque wrench. Also came loose on me.
GliderJohn

guzziart:

--- Quote from: kballowe on June 06, 2023, 06:49:10 AM ---Yes, but don't you ever walk around your vehicle and look to make sure that you have all of your lug nuts?

--- End quote ---

Sadly, no.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version