Author Topic: GuzziDiag HowTo - A tutorial for beginners  (Read 554139 times)

Offline AZRider

• Hatchling
Re: GuzziDiag HowTo - A tutorial for beginners
« Reply #1440 on: July 05, 2022, 07:17:18 PM »
Would any of the GuzziDiag experts here please tell me if that software can alter the target idle RPM without changing the map?

I've done a lot of very informative reading in the forum without finding an answer.

Background: I have a 2016 Stelvio with a good map installed by a competent person who's geographically inconvenient to me. The throttle body pivots are worn, causing stumbles at idle which are bad enough to stall the engine. New throttle bodies cost a bloody fortune and are on backorder even if I had the cash handy. Back when I worked at Hamlin Cycles, I learned to use PADS so I got GuzziDiag for home use and I am comfortable with using it for all the things that don't change the map, but I am reluctant (phobic?) to tinker with mapping.

Thank you, gentlemen!
Trying out the motorcycle life from the other side of the counter.

Offline lucian

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #1441 on: July 05, 2022, 08:16:51 PM »
You can change the idle target rpm if you open your map into a program like Tunerpro and change the  target value in the target idle table ,commit the changes to your map and install it into the ecu. Make sure and save your original map for reference should you ever want to go back .  there are different idle rpm targets depending on engine temp,

I'm sorry I misunderstood your question You cannot change the target idle with Guzzidiag , you need to modify the target idle map with a program like tunerpro
« Last Edit: July 05, 2022, 08:34:10 PM by lucian »

Offline lucian

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #1442 on: July 05, 2022, 08:25:49 PM »
Also make sure your bike is set up properly first off. Valves adjusted, Tb's synched, TPS, and learn parameters reset, Make sure only one air bleed screw on the side  with greater manifold depression is open. If the tb bushes are truly that worn, I would try leaving both air bleeds closed . Seems odd a 2016 model would have worn out the pivot bushes so soon. Does the idle issue only happen when cold or does it do it even after warmed up?
« Last Edit: July 05, 2022, 08:37:28 PM by lucian »

Online Wayne Orwig

• Gaggle Hero
    • Hog Mountain weather
« Reply #1443 on: July 06, 2022, 08:00:13 AM »
A sticking stepper motor may be your issue too.
Scientist have discovered that people will believe anything, if you first say "Scientists have discovered...."

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #1443 on: July 06, 2022, 08:00:13 AM »

Offline Bigtime

• Hatchling
« Reply #1444 on: July 06, 2022, 04:29:48 PM »
  Hey guys, question concerning fuel trim. I have a '09 Norge (2V) that I have installed a Beatle map. Bike runs very good but I have noticed the plugs are a little dark. Not black and sooty but not that nice light brown color. Do you think I can drop the fuel trim by a couple points ( currently set at 0)?

Offline lucian

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #1445 on: July 06, 2022, 08:21:15 PM »
It won't hurt anything to reduce the co trim down to - 10 or so . any more than that and things will get lean at idle without modifying the map.

Offline Bigtime

• Hatchling
« Reply #1446 on: July 06, 2022, 08:49:37 PM »
Thanks Lucian. I'll try -4 as a starting point.

Offline lucky phil

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #1447 on: July 07, 2022, 02:42:16 AM »
Would any of the GuzziDiag experts here please tell me if that software can alter the target idle RPM without changing the map?

I've done a lot of very informative reading in the forum without finding an answer.

Background: I have a 2016 Stelvio with a good map installed by a competent person who's geographically inconvenient to me. The throttle body pivots are worn, causing stumbles at idle which are bad enough to stall the engine. New throttle bodies cost a bloody fortune and are on backorder even if I had the cash handy. Back when I worked at Hamlin Cycles, I learned to use PADS so I got GuzziDiag for home use and I am comfortable with using it for all the things that don't change the map, but I am reluctant (phobic?) to tinker with mapping.

Thank you, gentlemen!

Why would your spend you life savings on new throttle bodies when you can re bush and re seal them?

Phil

https://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?/topic/22077-throttle-body-rebuild/#comment-253999
« Last Edit: July 07, 2022, 02:42:38 AM by lucky phil »
If you're not living on the edge you're taking up to much room.

Offline lucian

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #1448 on: July 07, 2022, 06:14:53 AM »
Thanks for that tutorial link Phil  Lots of good info there, thanks for the Volvo link rod end # will be needing two of those  :thumb:

Offline vf84pc

• Hatchling
« Reply #1449 on: July 07, 2022, 07:59:01 AM »
Where can I get the tutorial?

Offline lucian

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #1450 on: July 07, 2022, 04:07:19 PM »

Offline Hittman

• New Egg
« Reply #1451 on: July 10, 2022, 03:12:03 PM »
Does anyone know why the original post from this thread is gone? All I get when trying to view it is a period in it's place?

Offline GuzziOrDeath

• Hatchling
« Reply #1452 on: July 11, 2022, 06:31:43 AM »

The New Improved GuzziDiag Tutorial...

Go here:  https://wildguzzi.com/forum/index.php?topic=96957.0

Offline Hittman

• New Egg
« Reply #1453 on: July 11, 2022, 10:13:58 PM »

20 Ounce Stainless Steel Double Insulated Tumbler
Buy a quality tumbler and support the forum at the same time!
Better than a YETI! BPA and Lead free.
Advertise Here