General Category > General Discussion

Touring bike driving light questions

<< < (3/5) > >>

malik:
I run a pair of Denali D2's on my bikes - they are small, so suit the V7's & 1100 Sport, but on the Cali crash bars you could comfortably go larger. The light they throw is white, perhaps closer to 5,000k, I seem to remember. These I got hold of back in the day when there was not many decent alternatives. Nowadays, there's a huge variety & most a lot cheaper, so your research has to be more thorough. Those offered by Stedi seem interesting. Good luck.

Kiwi_Roy:
I run a pair of these on my V7III for increased visibility during the day, I don't ride at night if I can possibly avoid it, I have terrible night vision.
https://www.superbrightleds.com/moreinfo/led-light-pods/led-light-pod-2-modular-led-off-road-work-light-10w-900-lumens/1699/
The guys I ride with say they are very visible.

brider:
Thanks for the examples, guys, that's exactly what I was looking for. I'll check them out, they all look about what I'd zero in on looking randomly myself, but it's good to have endorsements.

Yes, I will run a dedicated circuit with separate switch powered by the key "on".

I also have terrible night vision, but I do have a pair of magic glasses my doctor gave me that said they'd help the night blurriness, and MAN they do! So I wear them at night, but mostly only carry them when there is the "threat" of riding at night; I don't actively plan on it, but have been caught many times.

For me, the lights are strictly for road illumination, as I have NEVER been happy with my single-bulb-Tonti-converted-to LED. I am always jealous of newer bikes going down the road with factory lights that let me see the road in front of THEM when THEY are a mile away.

John A:
I can see deer better at night,  running what my friend called Theater lights. Trouble is there are more around at night, wanting to play “dodge deer”.  Running at night used to be a great pleasure for me.  Mix of incandescent and led, relays on everything, always on voltmeter tells me if I need to shed load.

moto:

--- Quote from: brider on September 26, 2021, 11:11:09 AM ---...
I also have terrible night vision, but I do have a pair of magic glasses my doctor gave me that said they'd help the night blurriness, and MAN they do!

--- End quote ---

I don't think my eye doctor deals in magic glasses. :shocked: Can you describe them in more technical terms, so I might be able to get a pair? They sound wonderful.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version