General Category > General Discussion

Moto Guzzi - the next 100 years

<< < (3/4) > >>

Shorty:
Cool! A Guzzi Disneyland! 

Pescatore:
Guzziland? Guzzeria?  Città Guzzi!

Huzo:
The old world atmosphere and unassuming persona that Guzzi project, is part of it’s intrinsic charm.
The offerings that we have had to choose from ‘till now, have not attempted to compete with the current crop on the market.
If you don’t compete, you don’t have to win...
With the advent of the V100 and possible future iterations, in addition to the  new complex on the books, Guzzi are figuratively climbing into bed with the likes of Ducati, Aprillia and the performance twins of today’s biking landscape.
I’ll admit that Guzzi can do glamour and MV Agusta esque style beauty when they set out to do so.
An in house designed Guzzi prototype can hold  it’s head high in any company, they do have something that the others lack, but once you turn up to BMW’s and Ducati’s pool, you’d better be able to swim, because your feet won’t touch the bottom.
The new complex will have a lot that the old one lacked, but Guzzi will lose individuality and that cannot be bought (or brought), back... :popcorn: :popcorn:

SIR REAL ED:
Well said Huzo.  Moto Guzzi is facing the same problem that Harley Davidson has faced for decades.  Also BMW to a lesser degree.

How to improve upon an existing design, yet not change so much that one's mechanical identity is abandoned?

Failure to improve enough/get modern enough means the younger generation won't buy, too much change and the older riders won't buy either.

It is always interesting to see individuals or organizations try to walk that fine line.

Damn, I miss rotary telephones.....

Huzo:

--- Quote from: SIR REAL ED on October 14, 2021, 06:22:01 AM ---Damn, I miss rotary telephones.....

--- End quote ---
Yep, along with rotary engines, rotary clothes lines and rotary hoes.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version