General Category > General Discussion

Moto Guzzi - the next 100 years

<< < (4/4)

Mayor_of_BBQ:

--- Quote from: SIR REAL ED on October 14, 2021, 06:22:01 AM ---
Failure to improve enough/get modern enough means the younger generation won't buy, too much change and the older riders won't buy either.

It is always interesting to see individuals or organizations try to walk that fine line.

--- End quote ---

i think guzzi is making good moves here, I know a few of the older guard are sad to see aircooled twins falling by the wayside, but I am sure they will keep at least the V7 range with the new 850 motor for a while to come.  I dont really believe the older generation is buying new bikes anyway... 90% of this board is still riding 70's Tonti bikes, older california bikes, loopframes, or some of the sporttouring 80's models.

SIR REAL ED:

--- Quote from: Mayor_of_BBQ on October 14, 2021, 07:48:08 AM ---i think guzzi is making good moves here, I know a few of the older guard are sad to see aircooled twins falling by the wayside, but I am sure they will keep at least the V7 range with the new 850 motor for a while to come.  I dont really believe the older generation is buying new bikes anyway... 90% of this board is still riding 70's Tonti bikes, older california bikes, loopframes, or some of the sporttouring 80's models.

--- End quote ---

The Wild Guzzi crowd has got nothing on the Suzuki Savage riders when it comes to being tight.  Suzuki Savage crowd makes the Wild Guzzi types seem like Rockefeller.

Reminds me of the joke:

Some say Fred is a cheap SOB!  Others say he knows the value of a dollar.  Still others say Fred is a cheap SOB who knows the value of a dollar.

MMRanch:
Hay , I'm on the SuzukiSavage.com line up.  ...  :blank: ...  :grin: ...  OK , we are a cheep bunch !   :laugh:

Huzo:

--- Quote from: MMRanch on October 15, 2021, 09:31:10 PM ---Hay , I'm on the SuzukiSavage.com line up.  ...  :blank: ...  :grin: ...  OK , we are a cheep bunch !   :laugh:

--- End quote ---
Cheap...(unless it’s canary yellow..)

SIR REAL ED:

--- Quote from: MMRanch on October 15, 2021, 09:31:10 PM ---Hay , I'm on the SuzukiSavage.com line up.  ...  :blank: ...  :grin: ...  OK , we are a cheep bunch !   :laugh:

--- End quote ---

As a group?  Absolutely!  You knew the answer to that before you asked!   :wink:

You personally?  Only the shadow knows for sure......

I once bought a five year old Savage with 300 miles on it for $1400.  Great bike to tinker with.  Probably the greatest beginner street bike ever made.  Light, almost impossible to stall, and maintains 60 mph all day long!  Shoulda kept it!

Depending upon one's peers, being "CHEAP" is either a Badge of Honor or a Badge of Shame.  Pretty sure we all know which one it is around here......

One of the greatest things ever put on the internet:

http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1199986392

Anyone looking to get their mechanically inclined children or grandchildren involved in motorcycling should buy a Savage and download the CD.....

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version