General Category > General Discussion

Some tire sizes not imported?

(1/3) > >>

Dirk_S:
I would love to try out the Pirelli Scorpion Rally STR on my V7. They’ve gotten some solid test reviews for dual sport boots. Pirelli states both 110/80-18 and 130/80-17 are available, but I can’t find a supplier in the US that carries those sizes. These particular sizes only appear to be Europe.

Is this a common thing? Being a spoilt American, I assumed we got all the tire sizes.

Canuck750:
Pirelli Scorpion STR 120/70-R18, 150/70-R17 appears to be the closest available through Fortnine out of Canada.

Perazzimx14:
Its getting harder to find tires in sizes that are commonly stocked in the US of A. Recently shopping for a new set of tar lots of suppliers had one or both tars marked as "out of stock". This was for mutiple brands/styles.

I'm not a panic buyer but if you find a tar you like and will go through them in a reasonable amount of time and can find them in stock you may want to get a backup set. 

chuck peterson:
My local honkawyam dealer said he could sell a hundred front tires for Harley if he had them

Constant phone calls

Perazzimx14:

--- Quote from: chuck peterson on October 16, 2021, 05:58:22 AM ---My local honkawyam dealer said he could sell a hundred front tires for Harley if he had them

Constant phone calls

--- End quote ---

Can-Am Spyder tars were the same when a buddy was looking for them several months ago. Pretty much sold out nationwide. He found 1 set and paid dearly for them. Not sure it the supply has caught up with demand yet or if its even worse now???

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version