General Category > General Discussion

Use Your Head

(1/3) > >>

twowings:
Thought this may be of some use to some here when contemplating a helmet purchase:

https://www.motorcyclistonline.com/how-to-size-a-motorcycle-helmet/?utm_source=sendinblue&utm_campaign=MCY011822&utm_medium=email

AJ Huff:
The idea of being able to try on helmet at your local dealer must be only true for a few small select market areas. I've not had luck with this approach. I wish. I don't know if I could have a helmet tighter and more snug than my current one.

-AJ

dirtiegirtie:
Very useful - thanks for posting.

I have to say though, looking at that lady's face and how squished it is, I would think she'll have a headache inside of 5 minutes wearing that thing. I know tight is right with helmets, but that sure looks a lot tighter than I could deal with. My $0.02.

twowings:

--- Quote from: AJ Huff on January 19, 2022, 10:59:01 AM ---The idea of being able to try on helmet at your local dealer must be only true for a few small select market areas. I've not had luck with this approach. I wish. I don't know if I could have a helmet tighter and more snug than my current one.

-AJ

--- End quote ---

I remember to take a clean helmet cool liner with me and have not been refused a fitting yet.

Griso8V:
Good info. and good article.  I remember purchasing a helmet that turned out was a bit too big for me.  I did not think much of it until I rode with it.  The helmet would slip forward and obstruct my vision...not good.  I only used it twice, which was once too many times.  I learned my lesson that fit is critical!  Make sure that the helmet fits!!
Tony

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version