General Category > General Discussion

Valtek Mufflers

(1/2) > >>

Groover:
I'm considering the Valtek Mufflers Harper's sells for my G5. There doesn't seem to be much information on these pipes even thought it appears they've been around for a while. I understand the sound is lower/deeper, which is my preference. Sound clips are nil out there and so are decent photos of these mounted on a Tonti frame (I would like to see how they look from behind), but what's the performance on these? Would I need to re-je the carbs, or can these just be slipped on a stock V1000 engine and go safely?

Any more info information (visual or audio a plus) would be great!

Thanks!

Mike Harper:

--- Quote from: Groover on January 28, 2015, 04:38:52 PM ---I'm considering the Valtek Mufflers Harper's sells for my G5. There doesn't seem to be much information on these pipes even thought it appears they've been around for a while. I understand the sound is lower/deeper, which is my preference. Sound clips are nil out there and so are decent photos of these mounted on a Tonti frame (I would like to see how they look from behind), but what's the performance on these? Would I need to re-je the carbs, or can these just be slipped on a stock V1000 engine and go safely?

Any more info information (visual or audio a plus) would be great!

Thanks!

--- End quote ---

Not normally,  Unless your bike has some bizarre rejetting done in the past. 

We are always glad to help our customers with installation questions and answers

Mike

fotoguzzi:
I really liked the pair I had.. they are VERY WELL MADE.

here's some audio bear in mind it's a square fin after it was an EVert it turned into a SPEV

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TqCEB9QeGNY

Damn I shoulda kept that red bike..

steven c:
 What Fotoguzzi said, very well made, nice chrome ,fit right on. I had them on a 850-T, nice sound.

Groover:
Thanks guys, this is exactly the information I was looking for. I think my jetting is stock, so I should be good. Fotguzzi, thanks for the ride around the block! That bike looks and sounds great, I see why you miss it. The Silver one ('81? convert?) looks like you have some sort of rubber tube on the right side peg of the center stand? Is it hitting the pipes? Also, how often (if any) do you have to repack these?

Also, can the rear axle be removed without taking the pipes off?

Thanks again, I'm almost sold.... If money were no object :D they'd be at my door already!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version