Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
General Discussion / Re: Creamy oil in airbox
« Last post by Off @ 90 on Today at 05:18:47 PM »
Water trap installed on Mk 2 Stornello

General Discussion / Re: How to remove EV ignition switch?
« Last post by john fish on Today at 05:04:12 PM »
Got the bottom of the switch off. What next?  Do I disassemble the bottom and clean it? 

Do I have to remove and.clean the top part tgat the key goes in to?

General Discussion / Re: Bought a 2013 Norge 8V with 11,000 miles
« Last post by Gliderjohn on Today at 04:55:02 PM »
Once again unless in a stout crosswind a Norge is an excellent traveling bike, especially where you can run the speed up a bit. Maybe not so much in the Motel parking lot. Too bad it was never really a success. Only bike I have ever done a 700 miles day on and that was just a year and a half ago at age 67. I am use to having people comment regularly on the T-3, not so much on the Norge. However I did have an incident when I was unloading at a motel and a car pulls in by the office. This very attractive 40ish year old woman get out of the passenger side briskly walking over and just starts gushing over it. Otherwise most other comments are "Nice looking BMW".
GliderJohn
General Discussion / Beeswax oil for zippers
« Last post by willowstreetguzziguy on Today at 04:30:43 PM »
Have a pair of Tourmaster riding boots with zippers on both sides. Had them since 2017 and every time I put them on, the zippers are a bear to pull up. Decided to rub some of this beeswax oil on each of them. Well, I almost ripped them off the boot, they zipped up so effortlessly!

Then I wiped some on the zippers of my leather riding jacket and what a difference!

So why not put it on the zippers on my tank bag and same thing….wow!

It’s like oil on a rusty hinge.

General Discussion / Re: Creamy oil in airbox
« Last post by faffi on Today at 03:30:04 PM »
I just remembered that I rode my Yamaha XV1100, also an air cooled twin, all through winter to work and back some years ago. A very short hop, just two miles each way. I kept the bike in a heated shed, and at work the bike also sat inside a garage, though unheated yet not freezing cold due to the building being heated. Naturally, this would have helped compared to starting with the engine freezing cold. Still, there was no hint of foaming of the engine oil.

Lots of crud from the salted winter roads after a year without a clean, though
General Discussion / Re: Ride or Clean, that is the question
« Last post by faffi on Today at 03:20:23 PM »
General Discussion / Re: Price Check: 2008 Nevada 17,600 miles
« Last post by faffi on Today at 03:18:59 PM »
FWIW, I find the 1100 EV/Cali to be quite low in the seat and very easy to manage, despite the weight. In other words, they carry their weight very well.
General Discussion / Re: Bought it
« Last post by Huzo on Today at 03:18:26 PM »
Done!

Thank you so much.  :-)  They (Norge era bikes) now look a bit like orphans.

I also did not realise that I would be getting back into frequent servicing, but the thing rides so well...
Well in my opinion, this one of the nicer orphans I’ve come across.

General Discussion / Re: Price Check: 2008 Nevada 17,600 miles
« Last post by faffi on Today at 03:16:06 PM »
Has paint damage on the tank, so maybe you can knock another $500 off. That would get you to 3800 miles for $3500.

https://www.facebook.com/share/ADv5b7hvJ7tMceWJ/?mibextid=kL3p88

-AJ

Bargain :gotpics: :drool:
General Discussion / Re: Bought it
« Last post by Trevor G on Today at 02:43:07 PM »
I was talking to Peter Roper today and he said you can contact him on
motomoda.roper@gmail.com
He’ll sort your issue.

Done!

Thank you so much.  :-)  They (Norge era bikes) now look a bit like orphans.

I also did not realise that I would be getting back into frequent servicing, but the thing rides so well...
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
20 Ounce Stainless Steel Double Insulated Tumbler
Buy a quality tumbler and support the forum at the same time!
Better than a YETI! BPA and Lead free.
Advertise Here