Author Topic: Nick's Eldo Road Trip  (Read 936 times)

Offline nick949

• All you have to do is decide what to do with the time that's given to you.
  • Gaggle Hero
    • Nick Adams Writing
Nick's Eldo Road Trip
« on: May 14, 2022, 09:32:57 AM »
I'm setting off tomorrow heading west. I have started a 'blow-by-blow' report (I hope, daily) over on the Adventure Rider site.

If you're interested or curious, please come along: https://www.advrider.com/f/threads/1972-moto-guzzi-across-canada-as-long-as-i-dont-break-down-too-much.1562959/

Nick

Offline Tkelly

• Gaggle Hero
Re: Nick's Eldo Road Trip
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2022, 12:36:28 PM »
Stop at the MN rally in Grand Marais if your schedule allows.

Offline Stretch

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2022, 05:33:18 PM »
Have a great trip, Nick!  :grin:

-Stretch
1967? Change Jiang M1M
1978 Yamaha SR500
1987 BMW K75S
2011 Kawasaki KLR650
2011 Triumph Rocket III Touring
2015 Triumph Trophy
2017 Moto Guzzi 1400 California Touring

Offline nick949

• Gaggle Hero
    • Nick Adams Writing
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2022, 08:56:12 PM »
Days 1, 2 and 3 have now been added:

https://www.advrider.com/f/threads/1972-moto-guzzi-across-canada-as-long-as-i-dont-break-down-too-much.1562959/

You have to keep scrolling past the comments

Nick

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2022, 08:56:12 PM »

Offline Motormike

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2022, 01:51:59 PM »
I've had the pleasure of reading several of your books.  I like that they fit nicely into a tank bag when I'm traveling.  Just started "Do It While You Still Can".  I must admit that first chapter, where you rebuilt the clutch/trans once, twice, thrice! My goodness.  And then found a part lying on the floor! (Not that I've ever done that) Then, after all that, the final drive decided it was time to shed a bolt!  It reminded me of Kipling's poem, "Or watch the things you gave your life to, broken,
... And stoop and build ’em up with worn-out tools...."  Your dedication to the marque must be a labor of love. 

Offline vintagehoarder

• Cycle Hoarders
  • Gaggle Mentor
  • Ride to Eat, Eat To Ride
    • Facebook Page
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2022, 06:39:11 AM »
Always enjoy our writing and travel logs.
Cyclehoarders Garage
2021 Honda CT125 Trail Cub
2018 Triumph Tiger 800
2014 Moto Guzzi California Touring 1400
2014 Moto Guzzi V7 Speical
2009 Vepsa GTS 250 ie
1987 Suzuki Samurai (4 Wheels)
1981 Honda CX500 Deluxe
1973 Moto Guzzi Eldorado 850
1969 Yamaha YAS1C
La Grange, KY

Offline nick949

• Gaggle Hero
    • Nick Adams Writing
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2022, 11:27:49 PM »
Made it to Tofino on the Pacific Coast side of Vancouver Island. Starting the long road hom tomorrow. 

Catch up with my thread on ADV at: https://www.advrider.com/f/threads/1972-moto-guzzi-across-canada-as-long-as-i-dont-break-down-too-much.1562959/ (4 pages)

Nick

Offline Canuck750

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2022, 01:59:18 PM »
Well done Nick!

An option home is take the ferry from the north tip of the island to Bella Coola and climb the Big Hill out of the valley to Williams Lake, beautiful country in the Caribou region of B.C., drop down to Kamloops and the Trans Canada. The hill is gravel but good surfaces, steep and switch backs, beautiful scenery.

I am planning g a trip to Alaska on my Eldorado with a friend on his 1975 GoldWing in early July this year. We plan on taking the Alaska State Ferry from Prince Rupert to Skagway then around Alaska and over to Dawson City, no Dempster Hwy this year. Looking forward to chugging along on the Eldorado watching the scenery go by. Will come back down on the Stewart Cassiar hwy from Watson Lake.

I am in Portugal/ Morocco until early June otherwise I would meet up with you somewhere along the way for a coffee.
48 Guzzi Airone, 57 Guzzi Cardellino, 65 Benelli 200 sprite, 66 Aermacchi Sprint, 68 Gilera 106 SS, 72 Eldorado, 72 Benelli 180, 74 Guzzi 750S, 73 Laverda SF1, 74  Benelli 650S, 75 Ducati 860GT, 75 Moto Morini 3-1/2, 78 Moto Morinii 500

Offline nick949

• Gaggle Hero
    • Nick Adams Writing
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2022, 07:42:41 PM »
Well done Nick!

An option home is take the ferry from the north tip of the island to Bella Coola and climb the Big Hill out of the valley to Williams Lake, beautiful country in the Caribou region of B.C., drop down to Kamloops and the Trans Canada. The hill is gravel but good surfaces, steep and switch backs, beautiful scenery.

I am planning g a trip to Alaska on my Eldorado with a friend on his 1975 GoldWing in early July this year. We plan on taking the Alaska State Ferry from Prince Rupert to Skagway then around Alaska and over to Dawson City, no Dempster Hwy this year. Looking forward to chugging along on the Eldorado watching the scenery go by. Will come back down on the Stewart Cassiar hwy from Watson Lake.

I am in Portugal/ Morocco until early June otherwise I would meet up with you somewhere along the way for a coffee.

Great route suggestions but above my pay grade for the ferries. I'm back in Lillouet having ridden from Horseshoe in sunshine this time. Intend to head north from Kamloops then loop around to Jasper, then south for a bit of the Icefields Parkway...then head east from Rocky Mountain House.

Have a great time in Morocco. Careful though. The dope bites (as I found out in about 1973).

Nick

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here