Author Topic: Norge screen not working - fixed  (Read 1092 times)

Offline bib

• New Egg
Norge screen not working - fixed
« on: December 29, 2018, 09:02:11 PM »
Thanks to all for tips/advice/fixes - made my Norge ownership a real pleasure as I was able to fix all issues during that time  :bow:
One of my recent fixes was the screen intermittently stopped working. Dismantle front cowl and checked motor - worked both ways - checked relays- both circuits worked - checked up/down switches and got continuity ... okay what next?  :undecided:
Desperation suggested removing tank - may as well replace air filter - found this under tank - see image

the left switch (up/down cannot remember) seems to have jammed under tank and been severed causing many intermittent issues.
rejoined and screen whirrs its self up and down bring smile back to face.
Hope it helps someone.
Norge ownership: easy to work on, good economy Great riding experience .. smooth torque from idle, relaxed 2000rpm pull away and addictive sound above 4500rpm, loves a good rev, looks sexy and comfortable, some one to fall in love with.
top end had to be rollerised, blown oil pressure sender units, crankcase to sump gasket failure resulting in low oil pressure all fixed, rollerised by Mr Roper, rest of work done by (qualified by 40 years of experience) self.
Norge is a modern motorcycle that embodies the basics of motorcycling - you can fix it and ride it and I love ridiing it. 

Offline Huzo

• Gaggle Hero
Re: Norge screen not working - fixed
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2018, 11:55:14 PM »
Well said..

Offline yogidozer

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2018, 05:16:17 AM »
Next years model will offer the BIG screen option.

Offline Bulldog9

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2018, 05:48:04 AM »
My sheild stopped working this summer on my Nova Scotia ride. Started intermittently, then progressed to totally dead. I think one of the switches are stuck. or broken. What a dumb system.
MGNOC#23231
The Living: 1976 Convert, 2004 Breva 750, 2007 GRiSO, 2008 1200 Sport, 2016 Stornello #742,
The Departed: 2017 MGX, 2014 Norge GT, 
In Stasis: 1978 XS750, XS1100SF

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2018, 05:48:04 AM »

Offline Huzo

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2018, 10:08:54 AM »

My sheild stopped working this summer on my Nova Scotia ride. Started intermittently, then progressed to totally dead. I think one of the switches are stuck. or broken. What a dumb system.
Back in '08 mine stopped working, so I put in a waterproof two way toggle switch within easy reach of my left hand.
That meant I could take off the stupid button switches from both sides and shorten the handlebars by 40 mm each side.
Why the bloody hell a bike with as light and neutral steering as the Norge, needs 'bars so wide is beyond me..
It's the one just below the clutch lever, visible in the shot.

« Last Edit: January 02, 2019, 06:55:55 PM by Huzo »

Quad Lock - The best GPS / phone mount system for your motorcycles, no damage to your cameras!!
Get a Wildguzzi discount of 10% off your order!
http://quadlock.refr.cc/luapmckeever
Advertise Here