Author Topic: New Italian Mistress await attention - 07 Norge 48K  (Read 625 times)

Online SemperVee

• My life will be told in MC people and experiences more than anything else.
  • Gaggle Mentor
  • USMC Retired
New Italian Mistress await attention - 07 Norge 48K
« on: October 01, 2022, 08:55:29 AM »

She sits in my garage now waiting to give up her secrets of her previous near original owner with 48,000 miles on her.  Well broken in.  A couple of things;

While ignition is off - RED triangle is flashing.  Motor On - No triangle?   I took it for a test ride and no issues, ran thru the gears,  but when arrived home on trailer dreaded flashing when engiine is off?  Hmmmm?  What say you?

Battery is 4 years old but charged right up with trickle charger - New one is ordered now with "Chrome Battery" Co. (Used them before, comes with 24 month warranty.)  They are great to deal with for a reasonable battery cost.

Previous owner claims *never to have synced the cylinders not did anything with the ECU.  Just all the regular oil Redline (10-60) +  Light and Heavy trans and shaft lubes.  Frequent Valve and alternator belt adjustments.  Sparky plug changes both inner and outer.   **NO swing arm or Steering head bearing maintenance all these years? Build date 10/06. 

While the paintwork looks as new the underside of the engine and front is covered in oil film?  He claims it might have been from when he had a leaking valve cover gasket, or perhaps it is coming from a hose inside the tank?  I will be cleaning the engine and chasing that down.  Looks to have never cleaned engine cases so I am giving him a pass on that but will be taking off lowers to clean with some simple green.  The Canister is disconnected but still in place.  Need to trace the hoses to see what is up with that.  Need diagram how it should be done correctly.  Wondering if oil might be coming from that or from the air box? 

Has an Eibach rear spring and Matris fork kit along with a Staintune muffler with Helibar risers behind a tall CalSci windshield  making it very comfortable to ride. Has Startus interuptus installed.  CARC was replaced in 08 at Moto International and has not seen a dealer since.  Claims is has only had Pure-Gas it's whole life. 
https://i.ibb.co/fkxPzMk/MNore-Garage-stripped.jpg[/img][/url]

Looking for words of wisdom as I have yet to figure out the Modes and how to get into the trip meter!   Thanks and great to be in the Cult of Guzzi.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2022, 09:05:37 AM by SemperVee »
2007 MG Norge - Hi Ho Silver! - La Dolce Vita
CalSci Tall Windshield
Heli-Bars
Matris Fork + SAG set
Eibach Rear spring
Salamander HB ends
K&N  filter
StainTune pipe
Metal gas fltr
Givi Rear rack
Givi V46 Box and Rack
Startus Interuptus
Napoleon Mirrors
Grip Puppies

Offline drdwb

• Gaggle Hero
    • backfeelsgreat.com
Re: New Italian Mistress await attention - 07 Norge 48K
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2022, 11:57:37 AM »
Semper   Is it possible the red flashing light your seeing on your dash is the Norge security? It comes on when ignition is off, goes off when ignition is on. I shut mine off several years ago, you have to get into the dash menus through an execution of an elaborate dance kind of like opening a combination lock that the order and sequence must be just right and preformed with the light of a full moon, at least it seems like that on mine. Consult the owners manual and after your throughly confused about the process try to get into the menus. I have seen threads posted here about the correct procedure. I recall mine being a flashing red dot not a triangle, but it’s been years since I’ve seen it.
07 Norge, 05 Baby Breva, 04 Stone  Touring , 03 EV, 82 650 Maxim 79 XS750 Special 78XS1100 Teraplane side car

Online Huzo

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2022, 12:00:33 PM »
How big is the triangle ?
Photo ?

Online fotoguzzi

• Gaggle Hero
  • vee git tooh soon oldt und too late wise -my Dad
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2022, 12:08:57 PM »
I asked the same thing but never got a clear answer on the flashing triangle but I believe drdwb has it right . Part of the security system.
Looks like this,

MINNEAPOLIS, MN

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2022, 12:08:57 PM »

Online Huzo

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2022, 12:20:22 PM »
I’d be throwing an oil switch at it during the inspection.
No BS…
Off with the tank and the alternator cover, move the alternator out of the way and just do it….
Could even be the connector.
Get and learn Guzzidiag and have a look. The on board diagnostics will show any current codes as well.

Online SemperVee

• Gaggle Mentor
  • USMC Retired
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2022, 02:51:58 PM »
Semper   Is it possible the red flashing light your seeing on your dash is the Norge security? It comes on when ignition is off, goes off when ignition is on. I shut mine off several years ago, you have to get into the dash menus through an execution of an elaborate dance kind of like opening a combination lock that the order and sequence must be just right and preformed with the light of a full moon, at least it seems like that on mine. Consult the owners manual and after your throughly confused about the process try to get into the menus. I have seen threads posted here about the correct procedure. I recall mine being a flashing red dot not a triangle, but it’s been years since I’ve seen it.

YES!  Thanks you all.  I held my tongue a certain way and worked thru that maze of nonsense in the menus (Still have yet to figure out the trip meter) and Behold,  NO blinky.  Hopefully forever.  Thank you Gents.  Now onto touching everything I can to make it safe in my own mind to take on a maiden ride around the area.
CalSci Tall Windshield
Heli-Bars
Matris Fork + SAG set
Eibach Rear spring
Salamander HB ends
K&N  filter
StainTune pipe
Metal gas fltr
Givi Rear rack
Givi V46 Box and Rack
Startus Interuptus
Napoleon Mirrors
Grip Puppies

Online Huzo

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2022, 03:18:39 PM »
YES!  Thanks you all.  I held my tongue a certain way and worked thru that maze of nonsense in the menus (Still have yet to figure out the trip meter) and Behold,  NO blinky.  Hopefully forever.  Thank you Gents.  Now onto touching everything I can to make it safe in my own mind to take on a maiden ride around the area.
I just bumped a post called “Norge service schedule”
Follow that and you’ll have missed very very little.

Offline drdwb

• Gaggle Hero
    • backfeelsgreat.com
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2022, 05:08:41 PM »
Semper , ( yet to figure out the trip meter) resetting the trip meter is not done thru the menus. You simply push once and hold momentarily and release the button that you pressed and held and possibly moved / jiggled up and to the right to access the menus. Pushing that lever button to the right and releasing gets you trip 1 or 2 or maybe A or B when the one you want is showing, that’s when you push and hold momentarily to reset. Glad you got the security light off it’s a needless battery drainer just flashing for show, supposedly scaring off potential bike Steelers or riff rafters checking out your beautiful Italian dream machine.
07 Norge, 05 Baby Breva, 04 Stone  Touring , 03 EV, 82 650 Maxim 79 XS750 Special 78XS1100 Teraplane side car

Online Huzo

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2022, 05:37:11 PM »
The two trip meters are accessed by moving the mode switch left or right as mentioned above.
When you are on the one you want to reset. (Trip 1 or 2), just hold the button down and it will go to zero.

Offline Pescatore

• Gosling
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2022, 08:56:10 PM »
IIRC, these button functions work only with engine off.
With engine running you can only select what to display in the middle of the screen.
2008 Norge 1200
1991 V65GT
1980 CM400T
MGNOC Member
Ascolta sempre e solo musica vera
E cerca sempre se puoi di capire

Offline drdwb

• Gaggle Hero
    • backfeelsgreat.com
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2022, 09:02:41 PM »
Guess I’ve never paid attention to weather the engine was running or not, I’ll have to pay more attention.

With engine running you can only select what to display in the middle of the screen.

Online Huzo

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2022, 09:34:46 PM »
On my ‘07 you can cycle between trip meters 1 & 2 while riding. I regularly do.

Online SemperVee

• Gaggle Mentor
  • USMC Retired
« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2022, 10:53:58 PM »
 Thanks for all the help Gents.    I am relearning to ride after 10 years on my V E R Y long (9 ft +)  and very smoooooth 6 speed Victory Cross Country tour I just sold.  I kept reaching for the 6 th gear today..  LOL..  It is such a torquey engine!!   Getting this Norge compendium of whiz bang  dash board menu items will take time.   It is testament to the build quality that after 15 years my "mature" 07 Norge still looks like like new. 
« Last Edit: October 01, 2022, 10:55:54 PM by SemperVee »
CalSci Tall Windshield
Heli-Bars
Matris Fork + SAG set
Eibach Rear spring
Salamander HB ends
K&N  filter
StainTune pipe
Metal gas fltr
Givi Rear rack
Givi V46 Box and Rack
Startus Interuptus
Napoleon Mirrors
Grip Puppies

Online Huzo

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2022, 12:20:08 AM »
Thanks for all the help Gents.    I am relearning to ride after 10 years on my V E R Y long (9 ft +)  and very smoooooth 6 speed Victory Cross Country tour I just sold.  I kept reaching for the 6 th gear today..  LOL..  It is such a torquey engine!!   Getting this Norge compendium of whiz bang  dash board menu items will take time.   It is testament to the build quality that after 15 years my "mature" 07 Norge still looks like like new.
When the time comes to clear the service icon, I’ll tell you how.
It’s the small wrench symbol you see here.

The service code is 28315
You’ll need it.
Ignore the 9l/100 k consumption, I can explain.
The +1 deg C figure is accurate though…!
« Last Edit: October 02, 2022, 12:25:09 AM by Huzo »

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here

20 Ounce Stainless Steel Double Insulated Tumbler
Buy a quality tumbler and support the forum at the same time!
Better than a YETI! BPA and Lead free.
Advertise Here