Author Topic: "de-linked" brakes or non-integrated.  (Read 1228 times)

Offline Tom

• Gaggle Hero
"de-linked" brakes or non-integrated.
« on: July 03, 2016, 04:20:06 PM »
For those that separated their brakes.  Do you still have the portioning valve?  I'd like to get it from you buy or trade or whatever.  Seems the bleed screw on my SP1000 NT is broken from the PO.  We tried bleeding the lines and it helped a little but the foot brake is not where it should be.  Made for some interesting braking situations on the way down to John Day.  I'm pretty sure if you were at the Field Events, it didn't help prior to my falling over.
From the Deep Deep South out in left field.  There are no stupid questions.  There are however stupid people asking questions.  🤣, this includes me.  😉

Online Chuck in Indiana

• Gaggle Hero
Re: "de-linked" brakes or non-integrated.
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2016, 04:59:58 PM »
Tom, if you have *some* pedal, try hanging a 20 lb. or so weight from the lever overnight. I've done it on linked and non linked brakes many times to get that last bit of air out of them.
Chuck in (Elwood) Indiana/sometimes SoCal

87 AeroLario
95 Skorpion tour
22 Royal Enfield Classic 3 fiddy
 "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
Albert Einstein

Offline fotoguzzi

• Gaggle Hero
  • vee git tooh soon oldt und too late wise -my Dad
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2016, 05:12:07 PM »
I might have one of those valves, could you send a pic? if same I give it to you free.
MINNEAPOLIS, MN

Online Chuck in Indiana

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2016, 05:41:18 PM »
I could get the broken bleeder out for you, but the shipping might not make it feasible. You'll probably be back riding in circles by the time I'm back in Indiana.
Chuck in (Elwood) Indiana/sometimes SoCal

87 AeroLario
95 Skorpion tour
22 Royal Enfield Classic 3 fiddy
 "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
Albert Einstein

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2016, 05:41:18 PM »

Hymes Inc.

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2016, 07:59:51 PM »
Tom, if you have *some* pedal, try hanging a 20 lb. or so weight from the lever overnight. I've done it on linked and non linked brakes many times to get that last bit of air out of them.
:1: We had to do this on my bike. Hooked a cinder block on the lever and left it.

Offline wymple

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2016, 08:24:16 PM »
I should have one if I can find it. Got a picture?
No trees were harmed by the conveyance of this message, but a lot of electrons were seriously disturbed.

Offline Tom

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2016, 08:02:01 PM »
Thanks guys.  I'll have Gary tie off the foot brake pedal with some weight.  The bike is in storage at his house in the Portland area till I can come back and ride it down to PHX.  I don't have a picture but will compare to the Strada when I get home today.  Got distracted this past weekend.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2016, 05:00:47 PM by Tom »
From the Deep Deep South out in left field.  There are no stupid questions.  There are however stupid people asking questions.  🤣, this includes me.  😉

Quad Lock - The best GPS / phone mount system for your motorcycles, no damage to your cameras!!
Get a Wildguzzi discount of 10% off your order!
http://quadlock.refr.cc/luapmckeever
Advertise Here