Author Topic: Rider Magazine Bagger Comparo MGX21, Indian Chieftain and HD Street Glide  (Read 1638 times)

Offline Tom

• Gaggle Hero
I just got my copy.  If I missed it posted here then I apologize.  Any thoughts?  I haven't read it yet.
From the Deep Deep South out in left field.  There are no stupid questions.  There are however stupid people asking questions.  🤣, this includes me.  😉

Offline redrider90

• Gaggle Hero
Motorcycle.com has an  online video version on youtube was stupid with the MG21, Street Glide, Chieftain, Victory Magnum.
Only thing I learned is the MG21 was the fastest with open throttle at 60 MPH to top end.
Nothing about handling. A little about sitting position but no one even told hall tall there where. Kept saying the Guzzi was sportier because it had a small fairing. Ha
« Last Edit: May 07, 2017, 07:40:54 PM by redrider90 »
Red 90 Mille GT

Offline Tom

• Gaggle Hero
I think I found it.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AP_71i8DFO8  I haven't found the Rider mag. review.  Looks like I'll have to read my copy.   :tongue: 
From the Deep Deep South out in left field.  There are no stupid questions.  There are however stupid people asking questions.  🤣, this includes me.  😉

Offline neverquit

• Hatchling
I got my copy about a week ago and I read it.  The comparison was not favorable to the MG.  What stands out is that they thought the Guzzi was top heavy, felt heavy and somewhat hard to handle.  They thought the bags were undersized etc.  I thought there was some bias but I haven't ridden any of those bikes so I can't really say.

Wildguzzi.com

Moto

I scanned it in the grocery store. They didn't like the stretch to the handlebars of the Guzzi, seeming to judge it to be a triumph of style over function. I can't say I disagree, though I've only looked at photos.

They liked the Harley best, and said they were surprised that this Guzzi was not as good as they expected it to be, based on their prior experience w/ the other 1400's. Makes no difference to me, sounds like they gave it a reasonable evaluation.

Moto

Offline Cage Free

• Gosling
Got my copy a couple of weeks ago and the conclusions are about the same as Ive read other places. The Guzzi is more of a styling exercise, it handles heavy at low speed, lacks storage, and isn't as good as the 1400 touring as far as a road trip bike. The should be discounting the crap out if them soon. Not a big HD fan but road a friends new Street Glide special and it was pretty damn nice for a 850lb behemoth.

Offline Bud

• Gosling
     They liked the Harley the best but considering it cost $ 4700.00 more than the Guzzi or the Indian I guess they should have. ($ 3000.00 for hard candy custom color??) A sister magazine called American Rider or something like that was cancelled and probably was mostly about Harleys and it seems Rider has favored the Harleys in most comparisons since that time. On the other hand I think if you're going to sell a bike for 22g it better do everything good. 

Offline Dalini

• New Egg
Yes, I have one so that's out of the way. when I knew Rider was going to do the comparison I told my wife they wouldn't like it. Guzzi went their own way with this bike and after all the cruisers magazines ride, Rider didn't get the MGX. The MGX is the first -sport touring cruiser- hence the more agressive posture, limited storage & aggressive performance.
Is it a perfect motorcycle? No. But Guzzi's intentions are well achieved. It is fun to ride and it gets a huge amount of attention. I thoroughly enjoy it.

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here

Quad Lock - The best GPS / phone mount system for your motorcycles, no damage to your cameras!!
Get a Wildguzzi discount of 10% off your order!
http://quadlock.refr.cc/luapmckeever
Advertise Here