Author Topic: Cool Italian tractor  (Read 5062 times)

Online Antietam Classic Cycle

• Gaggle Hero
  • Happily stuck in the past.
    • Antietam Classic Cycle
Cool Italian tractor
« on: September 21, 2015, 09:40:26 PM »
Saw this at a tractor show I went to on Sunday. 1969 Pasquali 986 four wheel drive, articulated tractor. 21 hp, 707 cc, single cylinder Lombardini diesel engine. Weighs 750 kg./1650 lbs. Cost new was nearly $7000! Used primarily in orchards and vineyards. 

Charlie

Offline Farmer Dan

• Gaggle Mentor
Re: Cool Italian tractor
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2015, 10:10:27 PM »
That's pretty interesting.  I could have fun with a machine like that.  I see it has what looks like a 3 point hitch, Wonder if it has live PTO?
1972 Eldorado
1940 Ford 9N
1937 Browning A5
I love old iron

• Gaggle Hero
    • Antietam Classic Cycle
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2015, 10:29:51 PM »
That's pretty interesting.  I could have fun with a machine like that.  I see it has what looks like a 3 point hitch, Wonder if it has live PTO?

Yes. Among the optional attachments was a driven trailer that ran off of the PTO and made it 6wd.

In the background of the second and third photos you can see the German-made Holder tractor which is quite similar. That one has a Sachs 2-stroke diesel engine. Same guy also has several Bungartz tractors - one with Hatz diesel power and another with a VW industrial gas engine derived from the Type 1 Beetle unit. 
« Last Edit: September 21, 2015, 10:33:16 PM by Antietam Classic Cycle »
Charlie

Offline Guido Valvole

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2015, 10:31:57 PM »
Many years ago a friend rented a heavy-duty rototiller for some backyard landscaping. It was Italian and had an Acme Motori (really! meep meep!) V-twin engine that looked a lot like a Guzzi. I have photos but haven't gotten around to the photobucket etc thing. We both laughed at the time and said it looked like a Guzzi engine.

We both now own multiple Guzzis  :boozing: Among other things in his case�
cr
V50 II
V50 Monza
Le Mans 1000 (IV)
Martinez, CA

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2015, 10:31:57 PM »

• Gaggle Hero
    • Antietam Classic Cycle
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2015, 10:37:37 PM »
Many years ago a friend rented a heavy-duty rototiller for some backyard landscaping. It was Italian and had an Acme Motori (really! meep meep!) V-twin engine that looked a lot like a Guzzi. I have photos but haven't gotten around to the photobucket etc thing. We both laughed at the time and said it looked like a Guzzi engine.

We both now own multiple Guzzis  :boozing: Among other things in his case�
cr

Probably a BCS. They were available in the US with the Acme diesel back in the mid '80s. Didn't sell very well until BCS started putting Kohler engines on them. Most folks didn't want a powerplant from the company that sold so many flawed products to the coyote...  :grin:
Charlie

Offline Triple Jim

• Gaggle Hero
    • Lakeland Services Company
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2015, 11:09:39 PM »
The interesting thing about these tractors is that they are designed to work between the trees and are low enough to avoid low hanging branches laden with fruit.  The tractor pictured isn't even waist high.

What about that exhaust stack?  Is that non-stock?
When the Brussels sprout fails to venture from its lair, it is time to roll a beaver up a grassy slope.

Online tris

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2015, 01:32:41 AM »
You should see them climbing up a 45 degree slope on a vineyard

.. and if the Ferrari doesn't float your boat try a Lamborghini

http://www.mainpump.com/news/agro/5511.htm
2017 V9 Roamer
2005 Breva 1100 (non ABS) "Bruno" - now sold
1995 Cali 1100 - carby   "Dino" -now sold
1993 TW125 "POS" - Resting

Offline Aaron D.

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2015, 06:27:53 AM »
There is/was a dealer for those not far away from here, they are, like so many Italian farm implements, soooo cool.

Our BCS is one of my favorites.

Offline Aaron D.

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2015, 08:12:50 AM »
Not that I would put a diesel in mine but you can get diesels for them from Earth Tools.

oldbike54

« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2015, 08:24:01 AM »
Didn't BCS take over the old Ferrari line?

A friend of mine bought a cherry orchard in The Dalles, OR in the mid-seventies.  I went and helped him with his first harvest.  He took me around to visit some of the other orchards in the area.  One of the farmers had one of these:

The interesting thing about these tractors is that they are designed to work between the trees and are low enough to avoid low hanging branches laden with fruit.  The tractor pictured isn't even waist high.

Uh , just how TALL are you PJ ? :grin: That thing sure looks taller than waist high  :huh:

Dusty

Offline Lannis

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2015, 09:14:45 AM »

As a practical matter, there wouldn't be much use in wearing a hat while working one of these.   You'd be stopping every 3 minutes to pull it out of a tree ... !

Lannis
"Hard pounding, this, gentlemen; let's see who pounds the longest".

Bill Hagan

« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2015, 10:28:18 AM »

Yup, some cool Italian tractors.

For some hot ones, try this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6RYdxaWoQ8

If you don't care about the Inno Nazionale , etc. (tho I do  :laugh:), the tractor action starts at 4:00.

I lived in Thiene (many) years ago, but don't remember this event.  Laverda (not quite the same, I think, as the Jota folks) made (and still makes) farm equipment in Breganze, one town over.  http://www.laverdaworld.com

Bill

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
Best quality vinyl available today. Easy application.
Advertise Here

Quad Lock - The best GPS / phone mount system for your motorcycles, no damage to your cameras!!
Get a Wildguzzi discount of 10% off your order!
http://quadlock.refr.cc/luapmckeever
Advertise Here