Author Topic: Show me your Guzzi - Not Safe for Dial Up  (Read 621913 times)

Offline guzzi_sean

• Gaggle Hero
Re: Show me your Guzzi
« Reply #240 on: November 22, 2008, 04:55:21 PM »
let's see if I can drop a few in here...

Nice stable!!!!
Sean
Worcester, MA

~peg-nutjob~

Ragnar

« Reply #241 on: November 23, 2008, 04:58:08 AM »

My Jackal, loaded for a 2 month trip, waiting at Dover Docks for the boat to France.

3Guzzis

« Reply #242 on: November 23, 2008, 05:30:47 AM »

My Jackal, loaded for a 2 month trip, waiting at Dover Docks for the boat to France.

I read your trip report, sounded like a great time. I'm glad I met you when I did, it puts so much more into  the report...

Offline guzzi_sean

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #243 on: November 23, 2008, 06:27:52 AM »
My '78 Spada, owned 3 years now, pictured in sunny Spain 2 weeks ago. Back home now in Ireland in the cold and wet  :(

Great picture Rathlindri..... what's going on under the passenger grab rail?
Sean
Worcester, MA

~peg-nutjob~

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #243 on: November 23, 2008, 06:27:52 AM »

Spaceclam

« Reply #244 on: November 23, 2008, 06:58:03 PM »

Offline rocker59

• Global Moderator
  • Gaggle Hero
  • "diplomatico di moto"
« Reply #245 on: November 23, 2008, 10:21:51 PM »
My 1975 T3 Cilento with a fresh re-do:

Chuck

Guzzi should have a bike like this in thier lineup!

Beautiful !!!
Michael T.
Aux Arcs de Akansea
2004 California EV Touring II
"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." - Theodore Roosevelt

Offline rboe

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #246 on: November 23, 2008, 10:46:17 PM »
Yes! Gorgeous bike! Very nicely done Sir.
Phoenix, AZ
2000 Quota 1100 ES Black (sold & gone)
2008 Honda XR650L
2012 Griso SE
2013 Honda CB1100

WitchCityBallabio

Re: Show me your Guzzi - Not Safe for Dial Up
« Reply #247 on: December 30, 2008, 12:23:10 PM »
Here's the current stable....

The 04 Ballabio

The 79 V1000 turned Roadster/Cafe'

The V50III...

And the current 1970 Ambo project currently in pieces...

WeirdTim

« Reply #248 on: December 30, 2008, 12:45:47 PM »
Not sure if I've posted this yet, but what they hey.

Front:

In Arkansas, the local sheriff told me never to bring the Guzzi or myself back to Arkansas:

Offline rocker59

• Global Moderator
  • Gaggle Hero
  • "diplomatico di moto"
« Reply #249 on: December 30, 2008, 01:19:06 PM »
In Arkansas, the local sheriff told me never to bring the Guzzi or myself back to Arkansas:

That's a photo at the Cliffhouse Inn on Hwy 7 South of Jasper.

Tell me about your run-in with "The Man".

Where were you?  What were you doing?
Michael T.
Aux Arcs de Akansea

WeirdTim

« Reply #250 on: December 30, 2008, 01:50:48 PM »

Left the Cliffhouse at a nice pace going back through Jasper.  Was with another rider on a Harley bagger.  We followed all speed limits and laws in Jasper.  Once outside of town there was a car in front of us at a speed of under twenty or so miles an hour.  So I looked over at Harley rider and said, shall we pass?  It was double yellow, but very straight for a while.  No oncoming traffic.  As soon as we passed the car and I shifted into third, the cop was on top of us.  He explained that we doing seventy miles an hour (no way in second gear does my bike do seventy), we passed a car in a double yellow and we were endangering lives.  We had to sit in the ditch for a good hour before he told us he wanted to lock us up, but they didn't have room in their jail.  He also wanted to take our "machines" away so we would never mis-use them again.  So he gave us each a ticket for all three violations and sent us on our way.  I admit we were speeding and passed in a double yellow, but in no way were we unsafe.  Did I forget to mention that right before we came down the side of the mountain into Jasper a group of guys on Ducati's and Jap sportbikes tore that town up?  They were wheeling through the whole town and if the front tire wasn't up in the air, the rear was smoking. 

It's no big deal for me.  Just an experience since the county has no record of my ticket.  They said "sometimes tickets are lost".  Weird huh?

danr

« Reply #251 on: December 30, 2008, 02:06:42 PM »

Left the Cliffhouse at a nice pace going back through Jasper.  Was with another rider on a Harley bagger.  We followed all speed limits and laws in Jasper.  Once outside of town there was a car in front of us at a speed of under twenty or so miles an hour.  So I looked over at Harley rider and said, shall we pass?  It was double yellow, but very straight for a while.  No oncoming traffic.  As soon as we passed the car and I shifted into third, the cop was on top of us.  He explained that we doing seventy miles an hour (no way in second gear does my bike do seventy), we passed a car in a double yellow and we were endangering lives.  We had to sit in the ditch for a good hour before he told us he wanted to lock us up, but they didn't have room in their jail.  He also wanted to take our "machines" away so we would never mis-use them again.  So he gave us each a ticket for all three violations and sent us on our way.  I admit we were speeding and passed in a double yellow, but in no way were we unsafe.  Did I forget to mention that right before we came down the side of the mountain into Jasper a group of guys on Ducati's and Jap sportbikes tore that town up?  They were wheeling through the whole town and if the front tire wasn't up in the air, the rear was smoking. 

It's no big deal for me.  Just an experience since the county has no record of my ticket.  They said "sometimes tickets are lost".  Weird huh?

I was told by the P.O. never to take this bike into Canada as it is wanted by the RCMP  ;D

I believe him !

Offline gentlemanjim

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #252 on: December 30, 2008, 05:24:19 PM »
Its time to put corporate shenanigans, dealership woes, and market prognostications aside for a little while, and focus on that which brings us together.  Moto Guzzi.  Everyone here has an expert opinion when it comes to their OWN bike(s), so, show me your Guzzi, and tell me about it.  Let's associate a bike with the name.

I'll start:

Its a 2000 Quota 1100ES.  I've owned it since new, purchased in 2001.  It's pretty much stock except for happy trails bag mounts and Givi bags, and a Sun rear rim.  Only thing wrong with it is that it doesn't have enough miles.

That Quota is awesome.  I'm not too familiar with the Guzzi heritage.  Tell me about year, engine size, etc.

Offline guzzi_sean

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #253 on: December 30, 2008, 06:20:25 PM »
That Quota is awesome.  I'm not too familiar with the Guzzi heritage.  Tell me about year, engine size, etc.

Thanks ;D  This is a 2000 Quota 1100.  I believe it was only imported into the US in 2000.  A 1000 cc version had been in the Moto Guzzi line up for several years before, but I don't believe they were imported.  Maybe someone more knowledgeable than me can correct me if I'm wrong.

Its definitely a love hate motorcycle, you either love it or you hate it.  She certainly had teething pains, but she's pretty well sorted know and has been incredibly fun to ride this past season.  There's lots of great Quota information on Greg Bender's website if you want more...

http://www.thisoldtractor.com/gtbender/

Sean
Worcester, MA

~peg-nutjob~

Offline gentlemanjim

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #254 on: December 31, 2008, 12:54:57 PM »
AMEN

Offline rocker59

• Global Moderator
  • Gaggle Hero
  • "diplomatico di moto"
« Reply #255 on: December 31, 2008, 01:17:00 PM »

Bad luck.  There aren't but about two police cars patroling that county.  One county deputy, one State Trooper.

There have been A LOT of crashes over there the past couple of years, so they tend to lecture anyone they talk to...

HWY 127 is a bike magnet and sees most of the mishaps.
Michael T.
Aux Arcs de Akansea

Offline taz

• New Egg
  • 2003 Aprilla RSV Mille, 2007 Moto Guzzi Norge
« Reply #256 on: December 31, 2008, 04:03:01 PM »
My recent addition to the fleet.

My wife's little Guzzi

and my other bike

"We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."  George Orwell

Offline Frederik

• 2024 Board Donor
  • Gaggle Hero
  • Europe, Holland, The Hague
« Reply #257 on: December 31, 2008, 04:21:01 PM »
Me cali III;

Me "something that started life as an EV";

2003 California EV

Offline Larry

• Gosling
  • Escape Reality At Any Cost I Say
    • Melbourne West Church
« Reply #258 on: January 01, 2009, 12:42:02 AM »
Here's my 2001 Stone.

Centauro Handlebars, YSS Rear Shocks, YSS Valves & HypoPro Springs up front, Rearsets are LeMansIII Hangers and Gear/Brake Pedals, PCIII and H-Pipe, Big Grips, Mini Screen and heaps of other stuff. Want to replace that ugly front mudguard.

Larry
2002 Stone 1100 - Gone
2005 Breva 1100 - Gone
2012 Stelvio 1200 8V ABS - Gone
2013 Sport 1200 8V ABS - Current

gargoyle

« Reply #259 on: January 03, 2009, 04:05:24 PM »
My 2004 LeMans  ;D

Offline Steph

• Gaggle Hero
  • Cali Stone/ LM3
« Reply #260 on: January 03, 2009, 06:52:24 PM »
3Jan09:

« Last Edit: January 03, 2009, 06:55:17 PM by Steph »

Offline rocker59

• Global Moderator
  • Gaggle Hero
  • "diplomatico di moto"
« Reply #261 on: January 03, 2009, 08:05:38 PM »

This is the accomodations Newton County would've afforded you, if they'd "invited" you to stay awhile:

(Remembered your post and snapped these today while passing through Jasper).

:D
Michael T.
Aux Arcs de Akansea

Biggi in Iceland

« Reply #262 on: January 03, 2009, 08:13:39 PM »
My '78 SP1000, a work in progress

Offline zeta

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #263 on: January 03, 2009, 08:49:18 PM »

braunsan

« Reply #264 on: January 22, 2009, 01:11:25 AM »

it would take awhile to list, describe, and eval all the mods I've done... I'll get on it... another post...

guzzimike

« Reply #265 on: January 22, 2009, 05:12:22 AM »
Man....what a collection of beautiful bikes.. 8)

WeirdTim

« Reply #266 on: January 22, 2009, 09:02:23 AM »

This is the accomodations Newton County would've afforded you, if they'd "invited" you to stay awhile:

(Remembered your post and snapped these today while passing through Jasper).

:D

Doesn't look to bad!

mfmalizia

« Reply #267 on: January 22, 2009, 07:39:06 PM »
And yes I am a cheesy doofus... ::)

And a cool one I took of the 1100 dash...

Offline Tom

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #268 on: January 23, 2009, 02:07:43 AM »
Noooo you're not!!!  The guy in the background is.  Sneakers and shorts but he is wearing a helmet. ::) ::) :P
From the Deep Deep South out in left field.  There are no stupid questions.  There are however stupid people asking questions.  🤣, this includes me.  😉

RoadPirate

« Reply #269 on: April 26, 2009, 12:27:37 AM »
Newbie post here.  I've only owned my '04 Breva v750ie since the end of February; but previous (first) owner only put 1200 miles on it.  I purchased it from local M-G dealer, RPM Cycle in Farmers Branch, TX, where it had been traded toward a new Triumph Tiger.  Currently still stock except for engine guards and SAE power cable that were on it when I got it.  Currently getting back into riding after effectively being away from it the last couple of years and trying to figure out how to reconcile my need for a practical commuter/short distance tourer with my very strict ideas about motorcycle aesthetics (i.e. I think most windshields, panniers, topcases, etc. completely ruin the looks of a bike).  These pics were taken the day I picked it up:
« Last Edit: April 26, 2009, 12:46:18 AM by RoadPirate »

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here