Author Topic: Huzo on tour!  (Read 27907 times)

Offline Huzo

• Gaggle Hero
Re: Huzo on tour!
« Reply #150 on: May 28, 2019, 12:47:39 PM »
I'll be up for that if the V85 arrives, but the dealer's stopped returning my calls...
Go and sort the bugger out Derek. That’s just rude.
If I was a dealer, anyone who bought a new bike from me would have me so far up them you’d be flat out seeing my boots..!

Offline Trialsman

• Gosling
« Reply #151 on: May 28, 2019, 12:52:55 PM »
I call my dealer every two weeks for an update.  Another is coming up in a day or two.
2010 FE570 Husaberg
2019 Alta Redshift EXR
2019 Alta Redshift EXR - clone
2021 Moto Guzzi V85TT Centenario
2024 Stelvio V100

Offline Huzo

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #152 on: May 28, 2019, 01:12:44 PM »
Huzo,  I have been enjoying this thread very much!  Thanks for taking the time to post all of this!
BTW Dave.
It’s not too bad from my side either.. :thumb:
But really..
There’s just no justice, you know?
I mean, you do all the right things, sweat like a whore in a church at border crossings and random intercepts when quizzed about your number plate, spend like a drunken sailor at toll booths, basically get robbed at Repsol servo’s and freeze your arse off in Camping ground showers..
Ok, that’s part of the “deal.”
But do I really have to get up in the morning and look at what some bottom feeding vandal has put in front of my tent to look at first thing in the morning..?

fast image hosting

It’s just bloody rude.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2019, 04:39:39 PM by Huzo »

Offline Huzo

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #153 on: May 28, 2019, 02:52:54 PM »
Ok, I know I’m going to cop shit for this, but like any affair outside of your official relationship, there are people who don’t deserve to that pay the price, but the memories are there for better or worse and are indelible.
Again like an illicit night, I might feel differently in the morning but at least this time I can hit the “delete” button and it’ll all go away..
I found myself in a Pizzeria drinking altogether too much red wine and struggling with Italian in the company of total strangers that I felt like I’d known all my life..(and a damn good one at that).
The camping is a dangerously long distance from the Pizzeria from a legal point of view when you’re absolutely maggoted, but I doubt any member of Itay’s finest could possibly take a dim view of a late middle aged Aussie self promoting loudmouth, who just wants to go home with his bike and get some kip.
It’s happened before once in the warehouse at Felixstowe as I walked away from my Norge to head back to Australia after a 20,000 k trip in 2016, and that was the tinkling sound of the cooling V twin after it had selflessly carried me wherever I wanted, over numerous mountain passes and bowed to my changing whims with respect to random alterations of destination.
Again as I parked my bike and was placing my helmet and paraphernalia in the tent, the tinkling sound was crystal clear in the glass calm Italian night air, thick with the aroma of a thousand Pizzas and the crackle of congenial banter.
I felt moved to pause and just look at the damn thing..
It’s as addictive as bloody Luap Mc Keever’s forum and the two seem to have become joined to the point where the separating line is not readily apparent.
Bikes have been the longest love affair I’ve ever experienced and it’s one that for me, will not die until I do.
I’m about one glass short of wine consumption, to come right out and say that I sort of thanked my bike for the good day, but one more and I reckon I would have.
I thought it though..
It’s been very good to me...

« Last Edit: August 16, 2020, 08:16:26 PM by Huzo »

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #153 on: May 28, 2019, 02:52:54 PM »

Offline Muzz

• Gaggle Hero
  • On the backside of the planet.
« Reply #154 on: May 28, 2019, 07:04:39 PM »
BTW Dave.

But do I really have to get up in the morning and look at what some bottom feeding vandal has put in front of my tent to look at first thing in the morning..?
It’s just bloody rude.

Until I looked at the photos I thought someone had dropped a great steaming pile of it ar your front door! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Nice thread thanks Huzo, keep 'em coming.

p.s.  Gotta watch that Italian red wine. :angel:
Muzz. Cristchurch, New Zealand
03 Breva

Life is just a bowl of Allbran
Ya wake up in the morning and it's there

Offline twowheeladdict

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #155 on: May 29, 2019, 07:18:16 AM »
Ok, I know I’m going to cop shit for this, but like any good affair outside of your official relationship, it’s sorta’ worth it and I don’t give a rat’s.
Again like an illicit night, I might feel differently in the morning but at least this time I can hit the “delete” button and it’ll all go away..
I found myself in a Pizzeria drinking altogether too much red wine and struggling with Italian in the company of total strangers that I felt like I’d known all my life..(and a damn good one at that).
The camping is a dangerously long distance from the Pizzeria from a legal point of view when you’re absolutely maggoted, but I doubt any member of Itay’s finest could possibly take a dim view of a late middle aged Aussie self promoting loudmouth, who just wants to go home with his bike and get some kip.
It’s happened before once in the warehouse at Felixstowe as I walked away from my Norge to head back to Australia after a 20,000 k trip in 2016, and that was the tinkling sound of the cooling V twin after it had selflessly carried me wherever I wanted, over numerous mountain passes and bowed to my changing whims with respect to random alterations of destination.
Again as I parked my bike and was placing my helmet and paraphernalia in the tent, the tinkling sound was crystal clear in the glass calm Italian night air, thick with the aroma of a thousand Pizzas and the crackle of congenial banter.
I felt moved to pause and just look at the damn thing..
It’s as addictive as bloody Luap Mc Keever’s forum and the two seem to have become joined to the point where the separating line is not readily apparent.
Bikes have been the longest love affair I’ve ever experienced and it’s one that for me, will not die until I do.
I’m about one glass short of wine consumption, to come right out and say that I sort of thanked my bike for the good day, but one more and I reckon I would have.
I thought it though..
It’s been very good to me...

So eloquently put.   :boozing: :thumb:
2022 Moto Guzzi V85TT Guardia D'onore
2018 V7 III Carbon Dark #0009 of 1921
2018 Road Glide Special
2021 Kawasaki KLX300SM
2017 Suzuki Van Van 200
2009 Harley Davidson Softail Custom

Offline Huzo

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #156 on: May 29, 2019, 07:25:48 AM »

Offline Chuck in Indiana

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #157 on: May 29, 2019, 07:35:07 AM »

:thumb: I get it, Huzo.. I've had many love affairs myself, but bikes started when I was a teenager, and have outlasted most others.
Chuck in (Elwood) Indiana/sometimes SoCal

87 AeroLario
95 Skorpion tour
22 Royal Enfield Classic 3 fiddy
 "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
Albert Einstein

Offline Huzo

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #158 on: May 29, 2019, 12:32:30 PM »
:thumb: I get it, Huzo.. I've had many love affairs myself, but bikes started when I was a teenager, and have outlasted most others.
Thank you Chuck..
Coming from you that means a little more...

Offline Huzo

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #159 on: May 29, 2019, 12:47:49 PM »
I (mostly) stayed off the damn toll roads today and realised that you are not much slower on the secondary roads, but you do cop it up the blurter because of towns and that’s what destroys your distance in a day thing.
The fuel economy is still a bit better overall than on the Autostradas etc.., so the only real thing you lose is time.
Best I can achieve on average on the Autostrada is very low 5’s/100 km at around 110-125 k’s.
It can be done a bit easier on the secondary routes and averaged high 4’s today.
It’s not something I hang my hat on, but I do like to keep one eye on it, I find it a bit of a barometer for how hard or easy the bike is working.
I spotted a mistake that I’m surprised hasn’t been picked up before too. Today I was at one of those booths that they have at the beginning and and of a toll road near the red and white boom gates, they are the ones where a gun comes out and robs you of whatever Euro you may have managed to keep for five minutes after you have had the privilege of riding on their asphalt.
Just near the part where you put your card in there’s a display and under it in France is the word “Prix”.
It actually should if everyone has their say, be spelled more accurately, and that would be..........”Pricks”
Oh and..
They don’t taste the same when you’re outside Italy...!

« Last Edit: May 29, 2019, 01:34:32 PM by Huzo »

Offline stubbie

• Gosling
« Reply #160 on: May 29, 2019, 08:33:15 PM »
I hope your talking about pizza and not Prix

Offline wyno

• Gosling
« Reply #161 on: May 29, 2019, 10:37:04 PM »
glad you're enjoying the trip Pete. News for you. The V85's have landed in Oz.
Wyno

Offline Muzz

• Gaggle Hero
  • On the backside of the planet.
« Reply #162 on: May 29, 2019, 11:41:03 PM »
Oh and..
They don’t taste the same when you’re outside Italy...!

You're right there Peter.

We arrived in Bologne on the celebration of the 50th anniversary of Italy winning the war. :rolleyes:

Everything was shut, then daughter spied someone wandering along with a takeaway pizza box.  We slowly followed the people with pizza boxes back to the source, a restaurant which also sold takeaways.  We only had to wait about a quarter of an hour for a table.  (The queue was about 100mts long when we left).  Amongst us we had language wise English, Dutch, French and a smattering of German.  The waiter had none of those so we deciphered the best we could from the menu.  It was MEMORABLE!!!! :food: :food: :food:  The most amazing pizza we have ever had.  The kitchen was on display and they were doing the flying saucer bit to thin the crust out.  Just amazing.

20 years ago and it is one of my most vibrant memories. :thumb:
Muzz. Cristchurch, New Zealand
03 Breva

Life is just a bowl of Allbran
Ya wake up in the morning and it's there

Offline Huzo

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #163 on: May 30, 2019, 12:44:49 AM »
I hope your talking about pizza and not Prix
That’s funny... :thumb:

Offline Huzo

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #164 on: May 30, 2019, 12:45:37 AM »
glad you're enjoying the trip Pete. News for you. The V85's have landed in Oz.
You bloody beauty..!
If they sell my red/white one, I’ll shoot the bastards..
« Last Edit: May 30, 2019, 12:48:04 AM by Huzo »

Offline wyno

• Gosling
« Reply #165 on: May 30, 2019, 01:34:51 AM »
I'll help you with that.
Wyno

Offline Huzo

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #166 on: May 30, 2019, 02:39:21 AM »
I'll help you with that.
Merci... :kiss:
Bloody toilet etiquette...
Bugger me, I front up to the showers this morning for a top and tail. Looking above the two doors there is a depiction of a toddler like child on each one which at first glance was identical to the one next door..
Looking in through the two inch thick glass door I could see a couple of things that looked like change tables and since both rooms looked the same and having seen the “casual” approach sometimes taken to bathroom facilities relating to gender, I felt I had done enough sluething to safely enter and complete my intended tasks..
What could go wrong...?
Nothing..(well, almost)
Upon entering I noticed that there were no standing facilities for 1/2 minute stays for men, but that’s not all that unusual, so I entered the cubicle and in deference to the unisex nature of the facility, closed and locked the door.
Any that point and having not visited such a place yesterday, I felt it may be prudent to extend my stay to something more akin to 5 minutes..(or more). So having done the big spin, I relaxed in a pose that is familiar to us all....?
And then “it” happened.
Just at the point where it was not advisable to abort the mission, the door opened in the next bloody cubicle (of course) an individual had begun what was clearly to be a “short visit” but it sounded.....Ummmm.. .”different” .
:wink:
Just then I thought I’d take myself to a “happy place” mentally and get the bloody hell out as soon as possible, so taking my fingers out of my...ears, I hurriedly finished up..Then ?
I bolted.
There was worse to come  :embarrassed:
Upon leaving the ablution block I came face to face with the ubiquitous German lady in the neck to knee dressing gown and suitcase full of paraphernalia to make her ready for the day.
The scowl I got would have sterilised a dog... :thewife:
Sensing I had made a social faux pax of sorts, I asked (belatedly) if the toillettes were “all same same..?” The reply was delivered from on high.
“NEIN, DAS IS FOR ZE MEN...!” Pointing next door.
“YOU NO USE FOR VIMMEN....!”  :angry: :angry: :angry:
...woops...  :boxing:
Oh, BTW.
The depiction above the doors did contain one MINOR difference..
The one I used had an infantile drawing of a child with a piss weak little triangular skirt thing and the other had a piss weak little pair of triangular shaped litehausen looking shorts.
In bloody distinguishable from each other. I would go back up and take some photo’s, but there’s an angry mob forming, so I think I’ll bugger off.
‘Hope the Guzzi fires..! :bike-037:
« Last Edit: May 30, 2019, 02:51:16 AM by Huzo »

Offline Glawster

• New Egg
« Reply #167 on: May 30, 2019, 03:03:58 AM »
 :grin: :grin: :grin:
Nice One.  Called On Yer Bike for an update on the V85.  Tony, this time - who at least seems to have a bit of energy.  Another 10 days....
1955 Falcone Sport
1973 V7 Sport
2021 BMW R1250R
1955 Moto Parilla Turismo Special

Offline Larry

• Gosling
  • Escape Reality At Any Cost I Say
    • Melbourne West Church
« Reply #168 on: June 01, 2019, 10:37:44 PM »
OK, so where the heck are ya?
We're currently ensconced in very nice digs in Makarska for the next 5 days before heading for Italy.
Whilst in Sarajevo I happened upon a blue V85. The guy had had it for 6 weeks and was very happy with it. He was obviously new to Guzzi because he asked if my red and white 1200 Sport was a Stelvio.
I'm thinking you made a smart move heading for Spain, it's fairly inclement here. We met a couple on a Super Duke last night who were sitting rather forlornly in front of a nearly deserted cafe and nursing beers.  They were waiting for the rain to stop so they could go pitch their tent somewhere. She wasn't too happy and said 'I told him to turn right at Milan, but did he listen? '

I'm going to swap out the leaking oil pressure sensor while I'm here - my fix didn't work. I picked up a duplicate one that is usually used in an older model BMW. Found it in an obscure auto shop in Bulgaria where the very accommodating bloke matched the Guzzi numbers. I hope it works after all the effort of fitting it. Cost a whole 10 Bulgarian whatever they use including crush washer. That's about A$3.20 😁

So where the heck are ya?
2002 Stone 1100 - Gone
2005 Breva 1100 - Gone
2012 Stelvio 1200 8V ABS - Gone
2013 Sport 1200 8V ABS - Current

Online Tusayan

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #169 on: June 01, 2019, 11:43:42 PM »
The weather is nice a bit north of you.  This was the view towards Italy across the Adriatic from Istria (Croatia) at sunset last night.  You can see the Dolomites on the horizon, about 150 km away I’d guess.

Offline Huzo

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #170 on: June 02, 2019, 04:05:30 AM »
Ok, where do I start..?
It has become somewhat crazy. It is becoming impossible to stop anywhere and not be given free coffees and extraordinary offers of free accomodation in slums like Switzerland, Lichtenstein and the like.
I have a master key it seems, to most of the doors I would like to go through, it’s the Australian plate on the bike.
Slightly ridiculous and at times a touch embarrassing, but I’ll cope.
I am currently in Dijon, at a rally/race type thing in the.beautiful hills North of Auvergne.
Going back to Paris tonight with François, and then I really have no idea.
Check this...!

upload photo

François (the guy with the BMW outfit) forced me to ride the Voxan.... :rolleyes:
The closest thing I’ve experienced was the first gen. Ducati 1098 power wise.
A damn nice thing fair to say and rather rare.

And moving right along....
There was this.

Pardon Misseur..
Have you seen Le Rouge Moto Guzzi...?
And this..

Also, this bloke was riding with about 10 of his mates... :rolleyes:.

« Last Edit: June 02, 2019, 05:16:00 AM by Huzo »

Offline twowheeladdict

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #171 on: June 02, 2019, 06:07:43 AM »

Also, this bloke was riding with about 10 of his mates... :rolleyes:.

He is just letting everyone know that his is NOT in a Motorcycle Club.   :grin:
2022 Moto Guzzi V85TT Guardia D'onore
2018 V7 III Carbon Dark #0009 of 1921
2018 Road Glide Special
2021 Kawasaki KLX300SM
2017 Suzuki Van Van 200
2009 Harley Davidson Softail Custom

Offline Huzo

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #172 on: June 02, 2019, 08:51:22 PM »
I think he borrowed the bike..
It should read loan rider... :rolleyes:

Offline Huzo

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #173 on: June 03, 2019, 03:13:44 AM »
Ok, that’s all done...
Woke up this morning in Francois’ apartment in Paris and scoffed down a coffee and croissant. Now I will have another go at getting to Perpignan and try not to become distracted.
It’s a quiet 1000 k to Como which is dramatically out of the way, but I choose to ignore that bit..!
Then a quick 500 or something to Perpignan.
The Tom Tom stopped working yesterday in Dijon, but I followed François to Paris and some bloody how managed to download the update required and now it’s fine, but jeez I feel lost without it, in more ways than one.
There’s going to be 20,000 k  added by trips end and the bike is stomping out the distance...
Wonderful. (I imagine it’d be twice as easy with 8 valves... :wink:)

Offline groundhog105

• Gosling
« Reply #174 on: June 03, 2019, 10:08:41 PM »
Huzo,  great ride report.  It makes me want to get back over to Europe. Keep the pictures and ride reports coming

oldbike54

« Reply #175 on: June 03, 2019, 10:34:15 PM »
 Had any mustard Peter ?

Always wondered about the Voxan , wish they had been successful .

Dusty

Offline Huzo

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #176 on: June 03, 2019, 10:40:38 PM »
Had any mustard Peter ?

Always wondered about the Voxan , wish they had been successful .

Dusty
Yes Dusty.
Fairly uncompromising in the comfort stakes, but no more so than a Ducati 1098 or such.

Offline Huzo

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #177 on: June 05, 2019, 01:14:38 AM »
It was going to cost me a Euro to “spend a penny”.
Somewhere near Zurich I foolishly decided that it might be an idea to buy something to eat. Upon entering the palace...( whoops misspelling, that’d be “place”), I thought that a tinkle might be in order so I made my way through the labarynth of chrome one way swivelling barriers and display cabinets to reach the thunderbox...
When I got there I encountered a throng of cross legged, would be tinklers, digging in their savagely depleted cash reserves for €1 to take a bleedin’ piss...!
Now don’t get me wrong, or call me old fashioned, but earlier in the day I paid €1 for a coffee and now I had to pay the same again to get rid of it..!
It just seemed rude.
I thought bugger that for a joke and left to find a tree.
As I was performing the task of saving myself €1, I looked down and thought..
“This thing has been costing me money all my life, at least this time it’s not a house..” !
(But we’re heading that way @ 100 mph.)
Now if they’d charged through the nose for the view..

And chucked the piss in gratis...?
I would have called it square.. :thumb:
« Last Edit: June 05, 2019, 10:15:33 AM by Huzo »

Offline Huzo

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #178 on: June 05, 2019, 01:22:14 AM »
Had any mustard Peter ?

Dusty
Nah...
I wasn’t keen.. (an old joke)

Offline Paul Brooking

• Gosling
« Reply #179 on: June 05, 2019, 06:23:28 AM »
Nah...
I wasn’t keen.. (an old joke)

Groan  :rolleyes:

20 Ounce Stainless Steel Double Insulated Tumbler
Buy a quality tumbler and support the forum at the same time!
Better than a YETI! BPA and Lead free.
Advertise Here