Author Topic: ...to the High Tatras Mountains  (Read 2532 times)

Offline Tusayan

• Gaggle Hero
Re: ...to the High Tatras Mountains
« Reply #30 on: October 07, 2019, 09:22:58 PM »
No.  I've been through the valley a couple of times, but both times I was on the smaller road along the south side, avoiding the E66 motorway that goes through Klagenfurt.  Perhaps, next time...

Incidentally, the day I was in Villach, there were a LOT of Harley-Davidsons on the road.  Evidently, one of the larger European H-D rallies was happening that week.  That is, I'm guessing it was for H-D as that's what the majority of motorcycles were, when usually BMWs out-number everything else.

The Harley people (as with other German and Austria vehicle groups) like to have rallies (Treffen) on the Austrian lakes in that region.  This one seems like a pretty good candidate for ‘your’ event, on the Faakersee last month. 

https://www.kaernten.at/aktivitaeten/sommer/events/european-bike-week/

Offline drdwb

• Gaggle Hero
    • backfeelsgreat.com
Re: ...to the High Tatras Mountains
« Reply #31 on: October 08, 2019, 10:04:09 PM »
Thanks for the journey,  I can’t recall if it was  Norm or Cliff telling Sam on Cheers they lived vicariously thru him and his adventures. I enjoyed this, enough to go thru it twice, again thanks for the journey.
07 Norge, 05 Baby Breva, 04 Stone  Touring , 03 EV, 82 650 Maxim 79 XS750 Special 78XS1100 Teraplane side car

20 Ounce Stainless Steel Double Insulated Tumbler
Buy a quality tumbler and support the forum at the same time!
Better than a YETI! BPA and Lead free.
Advertise Here