Author Topic: cali 1100 classic 2006 rear tire help needed  (Read 246 times)

Offline Orda

• New Egg
cali 1100 classic 2006 rear tire help needed
« on: February 23, 2024, 06:39:41 PM »
hey gents, thanks for your time in advance, I just could not find a clear answer for this anywhere. Most info I found was on older cali jackals and evs :(

The bike is 2006 cali classic and it came with a 150/70 17 tubeless tire.

I want to fit a 130/90 17 tire on my rear wheel. Will it fit?

I want to raise the back of the bike slightly with this, as I understand it will be raised about 12mm?

I have already lowered the front forks by 12mm and I am looking for advice on the rear tire size.

Thanks again all for your time.

Offline rocker59

• Global Moderator
  • Gaggle Hero
  • "diplomatico di moto"
Re: cali 1100 classic 2006 rear tire help needed
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2024, 08:03:59 PM »
You can search this up, but 130 width tire should have a max recommended rim width of 4-inches.  Look on the website of the tire company you'll be using.  Your chosen tire will have min, max, and recommended rim widths listed.

Your wheel should be a 4.00x17.  Look at the rim for markings which will confirm wheel size.

Do some more research before making the change to make sure you're within spec on the change.

Check height of chosen tire to confirm it won't rub the fender at full compression.

« Last Edit: February 23, 2024, 08:11:56 PM by rocker59 »
Michael T.
Aux Arcs de Akansea
2004 California EV Touring II
"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." - Theodore Roosevelt

Offline Orda

• New Egg
Re: cali 1100 classic 2006 rear tire help needed
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2024, 03:36:47 AM »
You can search this up, but 130 width tire should have a max recommended rim width of 4-inches.  Look on the website of the tire company you'll be using.  Your chosen tire will have min, max, and recommended rim widths listed.

Your wheel should be a 4.00x17.  Look at the rim for markings which will confirm wheel size.

Do some more research before making the change to make sure you're within spec on the change.

Check height of chosen tire to confirm it won't rub the fender at full compression.

Thank you for your reply. I had been interested in a Dunlop 404 130/90 17 but alas it might be a bit risky because of my rim size of 4.0.

I had a look around and it seems to be 3 or 3.5inches max for 130/90 17 rear tires of multiple makes.

I might go with a metzeler me888 140/80 17, I think that should fit well.

The dunlop looks the part though, metzeler looks too modern imo.

20 Ounce Stainless Steel Double Insulated Tumbler
Buy a quality tumbler and support the forum at the same time!
Better than a YETI! BPA and Lead free.
Advertise Here